Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a psychic ghost, that Nate created. The original Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno
    yep that was what I thought but been many many years since I read the X-Man issues

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've been a "true fan" (wetf that means) of Maddie from day one, as introduced by Claremont.
    At least I understand the character's growth, development and "being dragged through the mud" and her demise...ALL of which was orchestrated by Claremont himself. Louise worked closely with him to get to the conclusion in X-Factor, but Inferno was Claremont's story.

So...if you want to be mad at somebody for making her a "thong-wearing Demon Sorceress" be mad at Claremont, the man who created and introduced her and put her in that (classic and iconic) Underboob outfit.

Thong-Wearing Demon Sorceresses RULE!!!
    Claremont came up an interesting twist on things. Louise basically turned it into badly done bad soap-opera episodes.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I've been a "true fan" (wetf that means) of Maddie from day one, as introduced by Claremont.
    At least I understand the character's growth, development and "being dragged through the mud" and her demise...ALL of which was orchestrated by Claremont himself. Louise worked closely with him to get to the conclusion in X-Factor, but Inferno was Claremont's story.

So...if you want to be mad at somebody for making her a "thong-wearing Demon Sorceress" be mad at Claremont, the man who created and introduced her and put her in that (classic and iconic) Underboob outfit.

Thong-Wearing Demon Sorceresses RULE!!!
    I always thought Claremont created the character, but not necessarily the costume design. That was someone else's doing, wasn't it?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It most likely would have been Silvestri who was the artist at the time of Inferno so...yupp. But Claremont would definitely have seen the designs and approved the final look.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

It most likely would have been Silvestri who was the artist at the time of Inferno so...yupp. But Claremont would definitely have seen the designs and approved the final look.
    That makes sense. It's an epic look that no one forgets. I'd understand, though, if they decided to tweak it a bit for the modern audience.

Did Madelyne (when she was alive) work out as much as Jean does?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That makes sense. It's an epic look that no one forgets. I'd understand, though, if they decided to tweak it a bit for the modern audience.

Goddess! I hope not. They already tried that nonsense with the AU book and it looked like generic boring-AF garbage.
    Modern audiences need to go read Archie if a little underboob and thong cloth upset their delicate sensibilities.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2021 at 09:16 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Since she was capable of decking Scott with one punch,I'ld say yes,if not more so. Epecially given that she most likely also worked as crew loading and unloading the planes she piloted before she met Scott.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-22-2021 at 08:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a psychic ghost, that Nate created. The original Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno
    He didn’t create her out of thin air. He more or loss plucked her out of the astral plane when he subconsciously tried to bring Jean to him. And this X-Man Maddie us the same Maddie who is going to get a new body soon.

BANNED

Why do you guys think of Madelyne scheming to take over Limbo?

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why do you guys think of Madelyne scheming to take over Limbo?
    I just hope it means she will be a regular in an ongoing book - not just 1 storyline then she disappears for years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I just hope it means she will be a regular in an ongoing book - not just 1 storyline then she disappears for years
    The Hellions writer has said interviews she already has multiple upcoming appearances. The fact that she is immediately being used in a storyline is a huge improvement overall previous returns.

Astonishing Member

Yeah but I like the character and I don't particularly see her as a villain, I fear other writers noticed the bump Hellions got out of featuring her and will bring her in to freshen up their villain of the month rotation, especially since most of the good X-villains are on the good guys side for the time being.

Prepared to bring hell to earth (is the costume sexualized…?)

goblin-queen-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

goblin-queen-2.jpg
    Sweet Satan, I think I just changed religion...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    That depends. What's the first thing you see when you look at the image? And what catches your eye every time you look at the image? If your answer is "the cape", then the answer is no.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin