Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    funny I remember it being mentioned in the attempted suicide being Maddy and Phoenix when she would get all cosmic on the ship storyline after that I don't recall it being mentioned much at all. Funny how Maddy is a part of Jean is cited but Phoenix is seen as something separate even though the same time Maddy was absorbed so was Phoenix as far as memories et al. Maddy being a part of Jean was a way to clear Scott of the blame for what he did, but it doesn't successfully do that. I also have never seen Jean reference "her" time with Alex in the Outback, if Maddy and Jean are the same individual. Not looking for a fight, it just seemed like a fix to a bad situation that never takes. Zeb Wells feels the same, why else the Maddy need to be recognized as real mindset being mentioned multiple times.

Maddie influence the direction of their relationship and caused Jean to leave X-Factor for a few issues and hang out with Forge and Banshee over in UXM during that time. She having to reconcile those memories were a thing and remained an ongoing plotline in the book under Simonson.

Claremont took over in the final 2 arcs and he references the memory stuff as well by having recall Phoenix's time as her as if she had lived it

The stuff with Maddie hasnt been mentioned (that I can recall since) bc it was largely resolved in X-Factor and hadnt been relevant. It was used to stall her and Scott's relationship and Jean was able to get past this. She herself only met Maddie once in the 90s and unfortunately for Maddie, not much was done with her outside of X-man. on the contrary, the DPS is a timeless tale that always comes up, hence why its been more prevalent in terms of Jean going forward
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-20-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Is Maddie just Jean who knows witchcraft?

I was trying to explain her to my friend and that's the answers I came up with. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Is Maddie just Jean who knows witchcraft?

I was trying to explain her to my friend and that's the answers I came up with. LOL
    Without having to go into all the backstory, evil clone of Jean with access to demonic sorcery is a good way to distill her

Extraordinary Member

Maddie should come back with only the mutant abilities and no demonic sorcery and join the Avengers....that would really piss off Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Without having to go into all the backstory, evil clone of Jean with access to demonic sorcery is a good way to distill her
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maddie should come back with only the mutant abilities and no demonic sorcery and join the Avengers....that would really piss off Scott.
    And have her date Cap. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

All-New Member

We all know the QC voting on not bringing Maddie back had nothing to do with her being a clone-it had everything to do with her mystical abilities? I truly believe had it been based on her being a clone regardless sinister would have said no knowing how much she would want revenge on him. I believe Jean would have said yes because she never really had animosity towards Maddie outside of the fleeting jealousy of oh you got to marry my man you got to have a life with him you got to have a child with him but even then it's not all that deep. I think Jean would have said hey she lived her own life she's her own person. I think the only place she probably would have said no again it is where it comes down to her sorcery powers and how dangerous that could be for Krakoa. Matter of fact I would love for them to bring Maddie back and Jean set her up with Alex and say you know what let this old crap go it's tired out and overplayed. Go make a life with Alex... or she becomes the fifth point of their extracurricular bedtime activities. Which I don't see happening. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mykle1616 View Post
    We all know the QC voting on not bringing Maddie back had nothing to do with her being a clone-it had everything to do with her mystical abilities? I truly believe had it been based on her being a clone regardless sinister would have said no knowing how much she would want revenge on him. I believe Jean would have said yes because she never really had animosity towards Maddie outside of the fleeting jealousy of oh you got to marry my man you got to have a life with him you got to have a child with him but even then it's not all that deep. I think Jean would have said hey she lived her own life she's her own person. I think the only place she probably would have said no again it is where it comes down to her sorcery powers and how dangerous that could be for Krakoa. Matter of fact I would love for them to bring Maddie back and Jean set her up with Alex and say you know what let this old crap go it's tired out and overplayed. Go make a life with Alex... or she becomes the fifth point of their extracurricular bedtime activities. Which I don't see happening. Lol
    I dont think Jean would have denied her either but I also dont think its simply bc of her mystical powers. Maddie was actively plotting to destroy Krakoa. She was a threat that let it be known that she wanted to burn the island down and kill them all. Who in their right mind would bring her back and even risk giving her the chance to do so?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously. I love Maddie but I wasn't bringing her back so emotionally and mentally unhinged.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I swear everyone in Hellions is acting a little off like, so I am hoping the real Maddie comes back acting a little more rationally. Then again I am not sure who on Hellions is acting rationally besides possible Psylocke and Greycrow.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I swear everyone in Hellions is acting a little off like, so I am hoping the real Maddie comes back acting a little more rationally. Then again I am not sure who on Hellions is acting rationally besides possible Psylocke and Greycrow.
    Thats kinda the point.

Havok allegedly is still dealing with the effects of the Inversion
    Nanny, Wild Child and Orphan Maker died in Arakko and were brought back off

Psylocke, Greycrow and Empath are the only ones left

Astonishing Member

which is the point of the book, the island of misfit toys that the rest of the good people of Krakoa ignore. It is a good starting point. Kind of like on a good Anime, the main character rarely starts off as the best most highly respected of his group but works hard at it and in the end is the top dog. It would be cool if Zeb can do the same for the Hellions, for me it is already the best written of the X-books and the only thing close is Hickman's mothership. Back to the Maddy point the whole Arcade jumping into the heads of the team is "supposed" to give you insight into the character and possible future storylines. Alex's heaven and hell both being tied to Maddy gives me faith she will be back soon. The fact that the heaven got more dialog while the hell only got one panel, makes me hope we get more of beer drinking lover Maddy and less of Goblin Queen subjugating Alex Maddy in the future. Not sure if Empath's scenes mean he will get more depth or will be a one note punch line for the team.

But, originally, wasn't it the portion of the Phoenix Force that was rejected by Jean that gave Maddie powers? Or was it sorcery? I have read that she had high-level TP and TK as well as TK shields, which, while I know sorcery can duplicate, it seemed like it was the PF.

Or did the PF just awaken Maddie with life in Sinister's Lab, but all her powers came from sorcery, although the PF portion still resided inside her until Jean defeated her?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But, originally, wasn't it the portion of the Phoenix Force that was rejected by Jean that gave Maddie powers? Or was it sorcery? I have read that she had high-level TP and TK as well as TK shields, which, while I know sorcery can duplicate, it seemed like it was the PF.

Or did the PF just awaken Maddie with life in Sinister's Lab, but all her powers came from sorcery, although the PF portion still resided inside her until Jean defeated her?
    She has TP/TK bc she is a mutant clone of Jean. Her powers were largely latent until they were activated in Inferno. She got the demonic sorcery in that story too after making that pact.

She has TP/TK bc she is a mutant clone of Jean. Her powers were largely latent until they were activated in Inferno. She got the demonic sorcery in that story too after making that pact.
    OK, so Maddie has Jean's mutant TP/TK combo, but I thought Maddie's were at a higher level? Would that be from sorcery? Or are they at the same levels?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. I love Maddie but I wasn't bringing her back so emotionally and mentally unhinged.
    But does that not make Krakoa hypocritical? The whole purpose of Krakoa is to give mutants a second chance as long as they agree to follow the rules. Who is to say Maddie would not have agreed to the terms?

Personally, I do not think she would care but the chance has to be given, otherwise the whole premise of Krakoa is flawed from the foundation.