Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Happy Madelyne's return!
    Excited to see how her storyline will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope they werent dumb enough to not have a contingency plan when they resurrected her. She's already plotting
    I agree! It would be completely OOC if Maddie wasn't plotting something nefarious.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope they werent dumb enough to not have a contingency plan when they resurrected her. She's already plotting
    Exactly! Really, her resurrection should have had an entire issue devoted to her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Exactly! Really, her resurrection should have had an entire issue devoted to her.
    The great pain of Hellions ending is that everything is rushed. Maddy's resurrection needed much more development. She would be joining the Hellions which would only serve to ostracize the Hellions further from the upstanding citizen of Krakoa. Sure the threat of Maddy going full Goblin Queen would always be out there but it wouldn't be on the second page of her being back. Seeing her in Outback Maddy's flight suit was awesome but then seeing her in full Goblin Queen regalia a few panels later and seeing her the the GQ garb in promos for the next X-era don't build confidence that the character will be written as a deep nuanced character but will be the cool X-villain every X=book wants since they have 'redeemed' all of their best rogues. Seeing Maddy's meeting with Cable, Stryfe, X-man, Dazzler, Storm, Logan (from the Outback era), having deep difficult conversations. At best I hope Maddy finds a way to repair Alex. I can easily see Alex being the character constantly trying to save Maddy.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I think they had to rush close all the titles cause of the Wolverine crossover and Inferno.

I am sure Maddie would have gotten more exposure if there were more Hellions issues.

I am hoping that she gets multiple issues in New Mutants then is a consistent tram member.

I would love to see her take Sinister's council seat.

Ultimate Member

There are upstanding citizens of Krakoa...most seem willing and able to do anything that they want and face little to no punishment for thier actions, then the hammer comes down on the Hellions by comparison...I just don't want Alex and Maddy together, or Maddy to just be evil again...just fix both characters and let them move forward on their own...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There are upstanding citizens of Krakoa...most seem willing and able to do anything that they want and face little to no punishment for thier actions, then the hammer comes down on the Hellions by comparison...I just don't want Alex and Maddy together, or Maddy to just be evil again...just fix both characters and let them move forward on their own...
    It’s not about what you want. We already see Madelyne looking at herself in the mirror as the as the Goblin Queen and pissed at Alex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I think they had to rush close all the titles cause of the Wolverine crossover and Inferno.

I am sure Maddie would have gotten more exposure if there were more Hellions issues.

I am hoping that she gets multiple issues in New Mutants then is a consistent tram member.

I would love to see her take Sinister's council seat.
    Yes. You’re right. I also think ten of swords delayed her resurrection as the first Goblin Queen story had to be ended before that crossover began.

Ultimate Member

It’s not about what you want. We already see Madelyne looking at herself in the mirror as the as the Goblin Queen and pissed at Alex.
    I know full well that it's not about what I want, just like it's not about what you want either...I just gave my opinion was all...

Extraordinary Member

Preach!!! I totally agree. Writers must seem to want the characters to get bogged down in their worst personality traits. I think the last time Alex really shined was when he was leading his own team in Astonishing and Kitty and others were all pissed he was calling his team X-Men like he had no right to. Loved the ending as well when James said he would follow Alex any time.

As far as Maddie...I have said it before...I don't want her evil...but I don't want her to forgive Scott for being a world class scumbag for abandoning her and Nathan. Just have her have the the same powers as Jean and none of the evil magic stuff and put her on the Avengers.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 12-11-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Preach!!! I totally agree. Writers must seem to want the characters to get bogged down in their worst personality traits. I think the last time Alex really shined was when he was leading his own team in Astonishing and Kitty and others were all pissed he was calling his team X-Men like he had no right to. Loved the ending as well when James said he would follow Alex any time.

As far as Maddie...I have said it before...I don't want her evil...but I don't want her to forgive Scott for being a world class scumbag for abandoning her and Nathan. Just have her have the the same powers as Jean and none of the evil magic stuff and put her on the Avengers.
    Nah. Maddie's too interesting to be dumped with the Avengers. Which is pretty much why Cannonball and Sunspot isn't with them either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Nah. Maddie's too interesting to be dumped with the Avengers. Which is pretty much why Cannonball and Sunspot isn't with them either.
    I loved the way Sam and Bobby joined the Avengers.

Sam: "It was Wolverine...I told him no. Then he put Steve Rogers on the phone..."

Incredible Member

I loved the way Sam and Bobby joined the Avengers.

Sam: "It was Wolverine...I told him no. Then he put Steve Rogers on the phone..."
    Do you seriously think that Sam and Bobby would've went along with the nonsene from them that Magneto killed Wanda?

BANNED

I know full well that it's not about what I want, just like it's not about what you want either...I just gave my opinion was all...
    Of course it’s not about what I want, I don’t own or control these characters. Marvel is however, predictable. Madelyne is used as an evil sorceress type. It’s the only reason she ever comes back, to serve as an antagonist.

BANNED

Avengers these days don’t have mutant members. Even the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not in the team.