Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

i liked his resurrection style. Very Stylish.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've said it before...I LOVE they're not shying away from the iconic and classic GQ costume.
    Eff the haterz!!!
    Like I said, it's iconic, no doubt. But I could also imagine the looks on parents' faces when their 10-year-old daughter wants to dress up like the GQ for Halloween, and the parents, not knowing who the hell that is, google to find that version of her. Mature teens and adults aren't the only people who read comics and it wouldn't hurt for GQ to have a fallback costume that is just as iconic (in time) and beautifully rendered.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could be wrong but...I hardly think Goblin Queen would be any 10-yo girl's inspiration.

Besides...I've seen many children cosplaying as their favorite characters and their costumes are usually tweeked adaptations but still keeping the identifiable details.
    e.g.:
    As that 10-yo girl's father...I would give her a long-sleeved belly-cropped top with the ruby brooch in the centre, and black cape over black leggings...done, done and done. Put on a red wig et voila: Goblin Child.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I could be wrong but...I hardly think Goblin Queen would be any 10-yo girl's inspiration.
    Yes, you would be wrong on that point. Children at the age are highly impressionable, often emulating TV icons and people that their peers see as paradigms, or people whom their parents view as paradigms. And that scenario that I described actually happened, only it was my cousin and his then 10-year-old daughter. He was a huge Vampirella fan and had basically turned his den into a shrine to the character. Little surprise that one Halloween when asked who she wanted to be, she replied Vampirella. It happens.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You do realise...The main difference there is her father (your cousin) is an extreme Vampirella fan. He might have been the main influence why his daughter wanted to be Vampi. And I'm sure (at least I hope) if he did dress her up as Vampi he didn't go all the way character-accurate with her costume.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Now she will force you to wear the thong. Seriously but I can just see Madeline trying to seduce Scott through bodying Jean and making her act and dress as sleazily as her to spice up their you know what. Perhaps Scott will slap Jean silly to snap her out of it.
    I think Madelyne is done with Scott completely. I think the only relationships other than Havok that she would even want to develop is Cable and Jean.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Madelyne is done with Scott completely. I think the only relationships other than Havok that she would even want to develop is Cable and Jean.
    You got her scheming to take over Limbo.

Madelyne is too busy to dwell on Scott.

Astonishing Member

I don't really think Jean is on her mind, because that is just a distraction into very bad things/comparisons. Maddy has shown zero interest in getting know anything about Jean, really, so if she over the comparison thing I don't know if Jean matters to her at all. I think the relationships Maddy would care about are Alex, Nathan, Stryfe and possibly Nate Grey depending on if that Maddie (X-Man) has anything to do with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't really think Jean is on her mind, because that is just a distraction into very bad things/comparisons. Maddy has shown zero interest in getting know anything about Jean, really, so if she over the comparison thing I don't know if Jean matters to her at all. I think the relationships Maddy would care about are Alex, Nathan, Stryfe and possibly Nate Grey depending on if that Maddie (X-Man) has anything to do with this one.
    My thoughts exactly. It's just sad that X-Man: Nate is always left out of these sorts of gatherings/relationship developments...

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-18-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

I am very excited about Maddy's eminent return. However I am also worried how she will be handled. Zeb seems to get Outback Maddie, while playing the villain her main motivation was consistent with her foundational motivation, to be seen as a real and her own person. Alex recognizes that above all the other X-men. Maddy's first appearance post Hellions is in New Mutants going against Magik for the throne of Limbo. For me Maddy never longed to be Queen of Limbo, the demons were just a means to an end in Inferno. I felt Maddy would do well under Wells not sure how she will do under other X-scribes.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am very excited about Maddy's eminent return. However I am also worried how she will be handled. Zeb seems to get Outback Maddie, while playing the villain her main motivation was consistent with her foundational motivation, to be seen as a real and her own person. Alex recognizes that above all the other X-men. Maddy's first appearance post Hellions is in New Mutants going against Magik for the throne of Limbo. For me Maddy never longed to be Queen of Limbo, the demons were just a means to an end in Inferno. I felt Maddy would do well under Wells not sure how she will do under other X-scribes.
    I am guessing she is focusing on Limbo since Krakoa was not inviting her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I am guessing she is focusing on Limbo since Krakoa was not inviting her
    Check out her return!

It's official now! She's BAAACCKKKK!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hellions #18 was a true masterpiece. I don't know if it's cause i'm also tired or there was just so many emotions hitting so many characters and so well written but i was a blubber by the end. 20/10. This will go down as my favorite x-series in over a decade. Kudos. And welcome back Maddy!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I hope they werent dumb enough to not have a contingency plan when they resurrected her. She's already plotting