Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Attachment 114045

Is that not Madelyne from the "What if" story?

(preview of Phoenix Song Echo)
    It looks like it...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think the Hellions was meant to last as a book. It’s really to show Psylocke/Kwannon becoming a true hero. It also showed Greycow becoming a hero and somewhat stabilized Nanny and Orphanmaker too. It’s done it’s job. Now let’s see if the plan was to reform Maddy.
    To what end though? I love the work done on Greycrow, not sure how redeemed Psylocke is right now since she is in the pocket of Sinister, basically playing the Terra role, and Alex is still hobbled but determined to save Maddy, and then there is Maddy. It's like having a movie to resurrect Uncle Ben and just after he is alive, it ends. To me that makes no sense unless you have a sequel already in the works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    To what end though? I love the work done on Greycrow, not sure how redeemed Psylocke is right now since she is in the pocket of Sinister, basically playing the Terra role, and Alex is still hobbled but determined to save Maddy, and then there is Maddy. It's like having a movie to resurrect Uncle Ben and just after he is alive, it ends. To me that makes no sense unless you have a sequel already in the works.
    Psylocke’s daughter is now lost with Havok blowing up Sinister’s lab. There’s no further obligation Psylocke has to Sinister or Sinister to Psylocke.

Obviously these characters will appear in other books. This is really the first time we’ve seen Psylocke act as part of a proper team. Remember she isn’t Betsy Braddock. She was a member of the Hand. After she defeated Apoth in Fallen Ángels she remarks that it’s amazing. That she can do good things.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Generally I hate his finished work but...that Goblin Queen sketch is quite superb.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It really is. Maddie should go for her original cut post resurrection and rock it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactatiously
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Rereading inferno and oh boy, man i don't see how anyone can't feel maddie pain and how wrong she was done. the part that hit me is her one dream, her lone dream to fly, the one thing that belonged to her in a way, she gave up only to be given up without so much as proper respect, a proper goodbye. She better than me. i could feel her utter embarrassment and pain and betrayal. I forgot how raw it was.

maddiemad.jpg
    maddiemad.jpg

And when in her mind, scott ripped those wings off her back... This is the good stuff.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-11-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This page hit me in the gut. Damn claremont was on it here.

"a nothing being, in a nowhere, place." damn...

anoone.jpg

And that walk. After symbolically being stripped of everything that made her "jean" bit by bit she melted into herself, crafted into the maddie we know today. Its like poetry.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-11-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yupp. You really feel her loss and despair. It's no wonder she chose the path she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. You really feel her loss and despair. It's no wonder she chose the path she did.
    And the minor details. Like how can one ignore for all intents and purposes she was tricked and all the figures on the nails were her but the little girl jean, the original memory she had, and she chose the one of vengeance because "what the heck, it's only a dream." Like wow. I don't know if it's my interpretation has grown or what but it's so much deeper than i remember. I'm reading pages like two three times. lol. And the fact she gave up her one dream to fly for scott and then see them fly away. Even if it's in her own mind, this is some deep psychological stuff unfolding.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Absolutely and exactatiously.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This page hit me in the gut. Damn claremont was on it here.

"a nothing being, in a nowhere, place." damn...

anoone.jpg

And that walk. After symbolically being stripped of everything that made her "jean" bit by bit she melted into herself, crafted into the maddie we know today. Its like poetry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And the minor details. Like how can one ignore for all intents and purposes she was tricked and all the figures on the nails were her but the little girl jean, the original memory she had, and she chose the one of vengeance because "what the heck, it's only a dream." Like wow. I don't know if it's my interpretation has grown or what but it's so much deeper than i remember. I'm reading pages like two three times. lol. And the fact she gave up her one dream to fly for scott and then see them fly away. Even if it's in her own mind, this is some deep psychological stuff unfolding.
    This is where Claremont made me love Maddy and she is my favorite female X-character to this day. I was really mad at the hatchet job the Simonson's did on her in Inferno but they had to do their best to protect Scott and Jean for future issues of X-Factor by taking all the depth and nuance from Maddy. Even as a youngster if felt like it wasn't even the same character, just like the X-Men were hyper violent caricatures of themselves during Inferno, Maddy was that in X-Factor's issues. I like Alex have be riding for Maddy ever since.

Astonishing Member

All of this build up to Maddy's return in Hellions #18 and then what...??? I mean the Maddy resurrection is the through line of the Hellions run besides Zeb Wells' fleshing out long ignored X characters. It's all been building to this and then it's done. What exactly is Marvel's X-comics doing post Inferno/Hickman? What book will Alex and Maddy be in? What X-books will even exist? Inquiring minds want to know. I really would like to see the Hellions continue but would prefer it be done by Zeb. However the idea of waiting until Zeb's calendar clears to see more Alex and Maddy is scary too because Zeb is about to be hella busy.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure that there's a definite that Alex and Maddy will be in any book together or even a couple, all that we know is that she's coming back, they could sadly throw her under the bus again to make Scott and Jean look better, which I hope doesn't happen but I could see them doing it...again...