Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    funny I remember it being mentioned in the attempted suicide being Maddy and Phoenix when she would get all cosmic on the ship storyline after that I don't recall it being mentioned much at all. Funny how Maddy is a part of Jean is cited but Phoenix is seen as something separate even though the same time Maddy was absorbed so was Phoenix as far as memories et al. Maddy being a part of Jean was a way to clear Scott of the blame for what he did, but it doesn't successfully do that. I also have never seen Jean reference "her" time with Alex in the Outback, if Maddy and Jean are the same individual. Not looking for a fight, it just seemed like a fix to a bad situation that never takes. Zeb Wells feels the same, why else the Maddy need to be recognized as real mindset being mentioned multiple times.

Maddie influence the direction of their relationship and caused Jean to leave X-Factor for a few issues and hang out with Forge and Banshee over in UXM during that time. She having to reconcile those memories were a thing and remained an ongoing plotline in the book under Simonson.

Claremont took over in the final 2 arcs and he references the memory stuff as well by having recall Phoenix's time as her as if she had lived it

The stuff with Maddie hasnt been mentioned (that I can recall since) bc it was largely resolved in X-Factor and hadnt been relevant. It was used to stall her and Scott's relationship and Jean was able to get past this. She herself only met Maddie once in the 90s and unfortunately for Maddie, not much was done with her outside of X-man. on the contrary, the DPS is a timeless tale that always comes up, hence why its been more prevalent in terms of Jean going forward
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-20-2021 at 02:12 PM.