Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I found this fashion fanart of Maddie on insta and it could work for the upcoming Gala.

crimsonartsillustration.jpg

by crimsonartsillustration

It's a rough sketch, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    I found this fashion fanart of Maddie on insta and it could work for the upcoming Gala.

I love it too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I would love to see her show up at the Gala. lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It is stunning! I am a sucker for different color lining in a costume and a head piece. Also, the upper style of the dress looks very couture, excellent for a gala. What type material do you think it is? (seems like metal to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Like the wicked witch unhappy not having been invited? An old trope.

And, poor Maddie… From rejected spouse to clingy nutcase.
    It is definitely a trope, but to me, Maddie is an X-Man villain who is justified in her anger due to the way she has been treated. She may be a rejected spouse, but that is only a role thrusted onto her by Cyclops and is part of her pain. Take into account that the QC refused to resurrect her (nobody has even given it second thought on how they theoretically allow for clones), she has right to be angry at the nation of Krakoa. (Not to mention everything Mr. Sinister has done to her)

On a separate note, is the Madelyne who died in Hellions the true Maddie or just some echo of her? From my perspective, I thought the true Maddie has been sleeping in Jean since the end of the Inferno (For any Kingdom Hearts fans, Maddie would be the Roxas/Namine to Jean's Sora/Kairi).

If the true Maddie is asleep in Jean, then she may very well still be the exact same person at the end of Inferno who was denied her revenge.

As much as I want Maddie to get her happy ending, she has a lot of emotions to get through before she can reach the stage of forgiveness. She may very well be the X-Men's version of Kratos from GoW.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    It is stunning! I am a sucker for different color lining in a costume and a head piece. Also, the upper style of the dress looks very couture, excellent for a gala. What type material do you think it is? (seems like metal to me)

It is definitely a trope, but to me, Maddie is an X-Man villain who is justified in her anger due to the way she has been treated. She may be a rejected spouse, but that is only a role thrusted onto her by Cyclops and is part of her pain. Take into account that the QC refused to resurrect her (nobody has even given it second thought on how they theoretically allow for clones), she has right to be angry at the nation of Krakoa. (Not to mention everything Mr. Sinister has done to her)

On a separate note, is the Madelyne who died in Hellions the true Maddie or just some echo of her? From my perspective, I thought the true Maddie has been sleeping in Jean since the end of the Inferno (For any Kingdom Hearts fans, Maddie would be the Roxas/Namine to Jean's Sora/Kairi).

If the true Maddie is asleep in Jean, then she may very well still be the exact same person at the end of Inferno who was denied her revenge.

As much as I want Maddie to get her happy ending, she has a lot of emotions to get through before she can reach the stage of forgiveness. She may very well be the X-Men's version of Kratos from GoW.
    It's my thought and opinion that the true Maddie (soul, not psyche) was absorbed into Jean as her lifeforce was technically Jean's to begin with. I view Maddie in the same way that I have viewed some of the Maddrox clones in that they maybe a part of Jamie but they have lead entirely different lives and are in a sense their own person. There really have been a number of Maddies over the years and only really one that is the real deal:
    1) Madelyne Pryor who died at the end of Inferno. Wife and mother. Life force and memories absorbed into Jean Grey.
    2) Maddie 2.0 - the psyche of the OG Madelyne made form by X-Man. She eventually disappears when Nate is extremely weakened and left in a near-death state.
    3) Maddie the 3rd - The Red Queen. Jean Grey from another dimension (Earth 9575). She takes over Madelyne 2.0 that Nate created and becomes and on-going threat over the years. She is the Maddie that is the Red Queen in the formed Sisterhood of Mutants. I also think this is the same Maddie from Deathstrike's Sisterhood in the X-Men series by Brian Wood.
    4) The Maddie Sextant - The 6 Maddie Clones (although aren't they just Jean Grey?) used to steal the Phoenix Force from the Phoenix Five by Sinister
    5) Infern-mom Maddie - The Madelyne Pryor from the Battleworld that crosses over into our reality and battles with the O5 and turns Beast into a magickal Beast.
    6) Hellion Maddie - the Maddie that appears in Hellions. Another clone of Sinister that somehow gains access to her previous memories and abilities (psychic and magical). Not clear how she came into existence and access to her memories/powers.

The first Maddie while a clone in body and not having her own life force, had her own live and experiences separate from the person she was cloned from entirely. Lots to think about but I don't think we've seen the last of her and I do think we're going to get another Inferno type event featuring her and Stryfe as well as Mystique and Destiny.

Besides looking so good, this gala gown/outfit also "fits in" with Jean and Rachel's look too! Jean has the Crown, Rachel has the Spikes, Jean has gold color, Rachel has red color. Yet it is totally different from either Jean or Rachel's outfits. All three compliment each other and would look good side by side.

Now we really need to see Maddie not only show up, but show up in this outfit!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's my thought and opinion that the true Maddie (soul, not psyche) was absorbed into Jean as her lifeforce was technically Jean's to begin with. I view Maddie in the same way that I have viewed some of the Maddrox clones in that they maybe a part of Jamie but they have lead entirely different lives and are in a sense their own person. There really have been a number of Maddies over the years and only really one that is the real deal:
    1) Madelyne Pryor who died at the end of Inferno. Wife and mother. Life force and memories absorbed into Jean Grey.
    2) Maddie 2.0 - the psyche of the OG Madelyne made form by X-Man. She eventually disappears when Nate is extremely weakened and left in a near-death state.
    3) Maddie the 3rd - The Red Queen. Jean Grey from another dimension (Earth 9575). She takes over Madelyne 2.0 that Nate created and becomes and on-going threat over the years. She is the Maddie that is the Red Queen in the formed Sisterhood of Mutants. I also think this is the same Maddie from Deathstrike's Sisterhood in the X-Men series by Brian Wood.
    4) The Maddie Sextant - The 6 Maddie Clones (although aren't they just Jean Grey?) used to steal the Phoenix Force from the Phoenix Five by Sinister
    5) Infern-mom Maddie - The Madelyne Pryor from the Battleworld that crosses over into our reality and battles with the O5 and turns Beast into a magickal Beast.
    6) Hellion Maddie - the Maddie that appears in Hellions. Another clone of Sinister that somehow gains access to her previous memories and abilities (psychic and magical). Not clear how she came into existence and access to her memories/powers.

The first Maddie while a clone in body and not having her own life force, had her own live and experiences separate from the person she was cloned from entirely. Lots to think about but I don't think we've seen the last of her and I do think we're going to get another Inferno type event featuring her and Stryfe as well as Mystique and Destiny.
    It is easy to forget how many versions of Maddie exist in 616 alone. I do hope they manage to consolidate them all (or the parts that matter) into one person so it is a lot more simple moving forward.

What is the difference between the soul and the psyche in your opinion?

I do agree that Maddie is a person in her own right.

Since the sinister secrets, I have a gut feeling she has an important role to play in the overall story Hickman is telling and that her treatment by the Krakoans is something that will come back to haunt them in a very dire way.

Nothing's been explicitely stated but I view 2, 3 and 6 to all be the same character, minus the Red Queen

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It is easy to forget how many versions of Maddie exist in 616 alone. I do hope they manage to consolidate them all (or the parts that matter) into one person so it is a lot more simple moving forward.

What is the difference between the soul and the psyche in your opinion?

I do agree that Maddie is a person in her own right.

Since the sinister secrets, I have a gut feeling she has an important role to play in the overall story Hickman is telling and that her treatment by the Krakoans is something that will come back to haunt them in a very dire way.
    To me the soul is her life force in a sense, where her psyche is more her astral self and memories. I used soul above because in story that is what they called it. The Phoenix Froe returning part of Jean's soul, which was then transferred into Maddie when she rejected it. Given the new terms and ideas on soul with Hickman's resurrection protocols, I should clarify it as life force. Her original life force was Jean's, as she had no life prior to the PF's intervention. Whereas her psyche is her own as she was never given all of Jean's memories just glimpses from the Phoenix Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing's been explicitely stated but I view 2, 3 and 6 to all be the same character, minus the Red Queen
    I would agree that likely 3 and 6 are the same maybe. 2 is supposed to be OG Maddie's psyche pulled from the astral plane, but then somehow this other Jean Grey (#3)from that other reality consumes her (as that was the storyline in X-Man) and takes over, adding the memories from our Maddie to her own. I can definitely see how that combo would then be 6. But 2 is *supposed* to be OG Maddie just given new form.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-30-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

I never liked the Maddy is a part of Jean school of thought. It felt like the Simonson's trying their best to make the best out of a bad situation. They realized that while Maddy "died" in Inferno she did have fans and by making her a part of Jean would try their best to have fans not hate on Jean or hate Scott more. The Maddy is a real person, her own person statements she made for me at least is Zeb stating that he thinks Maddy is her own individual character because there has never been anything Maddy-ish about Jean, and you never have Jean telling Scott remember when you didn't do the dishes, when we were married up in Alaska? I am a fan of Outback through Inferno Maddy and I hope that is the Maddy that is in Hellions. If there are multiple Maddy's why do multiple ones refer to their relationship with Alex? That relationship would be unique to the Outback/Inferno Maddy. Why would the other ones be so mad at the X-men? The multiple Maddy model lessens the a real person narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I never liked the Maddy is a part of Jean school of thought. It felt like the Simonson's trying their best to make the best out of a bad situation. They realized that while Maddy "died" in Inferno she did have fans and by making her a part of Jean would try their best to have fans not hate on Jean or hate Scott more. The Maddy is a real person, her own person statements she made for me at least is Zeb stating that he thinks Maddy is her own individual character because there has never been anything Maddy-ish about Jean, and you never have Jean telling Scott remember when you didn't do the dishes, when we were married up in Alaska? I am a fan of Outback through Inferno Maddy and I hope that is the Maddy that is in Hellions. If there are multiple Maddy's why do multiple ones refer to their relationship with Alex? That relationship would be unique to the Outback/Inferno Maddy. Why would the other ones be so mad at the X-men? The multiple Maddy model lessens the a real person narrative.
    that wouldnt be proof of anything. Scott and Jean were married living in Alaska

I managed to find a better realization of the idea, although the artist hadn't posted the full version of it.

120403537_680226252879169_6039361021836448804_n.jpg

Yes, I'd say the upper piece must be of metal and we can see the decorations of goblin heads (I presume) on shoulders.

The dress is kinda medieval sorceress style, which suits her.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Besides looking so good, this gala gown/outfit also "fits in" with Jean and Rachel's look too! Jean has the Crown, Rachel has the Spikes, Jean has gold color, Rachel has red color. Yet it is totally different from either Jean or Rachel's outfits. All three compliment each other and would look good side by side.

Now we really need to see Maddie not only show up, but show up in this outfit!
    Wow, I like how you managed to tie in Jean and Rachel in this. It's so funny, as you say, seeing Maddie has a crown of spikes, which may represent horns aka demonic forces she commands.

You made me like this even more!

I managed to find a better realization of the idea, although the artist hadn't posted the full version of it.

Yes, I'd say the upper piece must be of metal and we can see the decorations of goblin heads (I presume) on shoulders.

Wow, I like how you managed to tie in Jean and Rachel in this. It's so funny, as you say, seeing Maddie has a crown of spikes, which may represent horns aka demonic forces she commands.

I am glad!! Thank you for initially posting it here.

It is a good outfit and it seems so nice for Maddie.

To me the soul is her life force in a sense, where her psyche is more her astral self and memories. I used soul above because in story that is what they called it. The Phoenix Froe returning part of Jean's soul, which was then transferred into Maddie when she rejected it. Given the new terms and ideas on soul with Hickman's resurrection protocols, I should clarify it as life force. Her original life force was Jean's, as she had no life prior to the PF's intervention. Whereas her psyche is her own as she was never given all of Jean's memories just glimpses from the Phoenix Force.
    I would agree that likely 3 and 6 are the same maybe. 2 is supposed to be OG Maddie's psyche pulled from the astral plane, but then somehow this other Jean Grey (#3)from that other reality consumes her (as that was the storyline in X-Man) and takes over, adding the memories from our Maddie to her own. I can definitely see how that combo would then be 6. But 2 is *supposed* to be OG Maddie just given new form.
    Are we saying the second version of Maddie is her astral form? Not the true Maddie but an aspect of her given form. I would argue the soul is not life force but maybe the capacity for one to feel emotion. Does life-force not run out once you die? Under Hickman rules, there is a link between ones memories and the soul as placing memories in a husk creates a backdoor for the soul to return.

I agree that 2,3 and 6 are all the same version who died in Hellions (but maybe Maddie consumed the overwhelmed the aspects of the evil Jean Grey)

The goblin heads are nice a touch and the medieval vibes are strong. This makes me more upset that Maddie will not attend the gala

So is she still the mother of cable?