Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Astonishing Member

I really like Maddy and that's why I hope they kill these Maddy/Alex vibes with fire because like, I can buy Alex having heightened feelings about Maddy given his time in the Mutant X dimension where he was married to a version of her but like.....basing it entirely on their 616 history is squicky and does Maddy no favors because whether the writers want to acknowledge it or not, it was all but explicitly stated in Inferno that Maddy was using her telepathy to MAKE Alex fall for her. And like.....Maddy's got enough stacked against her without constantly associating her with a time when she was written basically coercing someone into a relationship just to make her ex jealous all because Claremont never really thought through the implications of this sort of thing. There's actually a long history of both Marvel and DC pulling this sort of thing to vilify female characters and its to the detriment of all characters involved because it demonizes female characters and casts them as predators, it victimizes the male characters without ever actually calling it what it is, which is offensive to SA survivors who have to see this sort of thing made commonplace in comics but constantly swept under the rug or even acknowledged but never actually named.....and its just....gah, stop it comics.

Anyway, keep Alex far away from Maddy and vice versa, I say, I don't think they've ever contributed anything positive or worthwhile to each other's character and Maddy has more than enough story fodder and characterization to be taken in all sorts of directions. I've said in the X-Men Red thread that I'd love to see her go to Mars and take part in Arakkii society which is more her speed than Krakoan and without the negative associations she holds for many living on Krakoa, kinda a fresh start for her, but like. The sky's the limit with her. Do anything. Just.....I hope it doesn't involve Alex. There's far too little interaction between adult Cable and Maddy, and speaking of Sinister......who else hates Sinister and would make a very ominous devil's alliance should Maddy ally herself with them to take down Sinister?

....Maddy + Tarn the Uncaring anti-Sinister alliance for 2022!!! Please make it so Marvel, lmao, that could be legendary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I really like Maddy and that's why I hope they kill these Maddy/Alex vibes with fire because like, I can buy Alex having heightened feelings about Maddy given his time in the Mutant X dimension where he was married to a version of her but like.....basing it entirely on their 616 history is squicky and does Maddy no favors because whether the writers want to acknowledge it or not, it was all but explicitly stated in Inferno that Maddy was using her telepathy to MAKE Alex fall for her. And like.....Maddy's got enough stacked against her without constantly associating her with a time when she was written basically coercing someone into a relationship just to make her ex jealous all because Claremont never really thought through the implications of this sort of thing. There's actually a long history of both Marvel and DC pulling this sort of thing to vilify female characters and its to the detriment of all characters involved because it demonizes female characters and casts them as predators, it victimizes the male characters without ever actually calling it what it is, which is offensive to SA survivors who have to see this sort of thing made commonplace in comics but constantly swept under the rug or even acknowledged but never actually named.....and its just....gah, stop it comics.

Anyway, keep Alex far away from Maddy and vice versa, I say, I don't think they've ever contributed anything positive or worthwhile to each other's character and Maddy has more than enough story fodder and characterization to be taken in all sorts of directions. I've said in the X-Men Red thread that I'd love to see her go to Mars and take part in Arakkii society which is more her speed than Krakoan and without the negative associations she holds for many living on Krakoa, kinda a fresh start for her, but like. The sky's the limit with her. Do anything. Just.....I hope it doesn't involve Alex. There's far too little interaction between adult Cable and Maddy, and speaking of Sinister......who else hates Sinister and would make a very ominous devil's alliance should Maddy ally herself with them to take down Sinister?

....Maddy + Tarn the Uncaring anti-Sinister alliance for 2022!!! Please make it so Marvel, lmao, that could be legendary.
    I 100 percent agree with you on Maddy and Alex. Comics were very underground then, and at that point only w few cartoons had been made from Marvel characters. Today comic book characters have become mainstream thanks to the MCU.

As for Madelyne, I’m 200 percent sure she and Alex will not be a couple. She not only wasn’t interested in him, she was pissed that the QC brought her back just to make Alex happy.

I’d like to see Madelyne meet Hope. The 5 did advocate to bring back people who were born as clones.

Maddy and Tarn team up against Sinister? Either one of them can kill Sinister without help. What Sinister should really worry about is that they no longer need him so if Maddy and Tarn come for him, Krakoans would do absolutely nothing.

We don’t yet have a book that shows the daily life of people on Mars, but I think that is coming next year.

Astonishing Member

I respectfully disagree. Alex is the only character that lobbied for Maddy's resurrection. Every other X-character was more than happy to let her stay dead, so as to not inconvenience Jean or Scott. Maddy in Hellions wanted her agency, wanted the world to know she was a real person with her own wants and desires, not just a knockoff of Jean, not a "Nowhere person in a nowhere place". Even though she married into the X-family and was an Outback X-man, none of her other teammates lobbied for her. The fact that Alex did, though mentally compromised and against all the peer pressure to just drop it, should/would endear Alex to Maddy even if she righteously can't stand all other X-men. She also tried to heal/help Alex mentally in her first Hellions appearance even though she was actively trying to wreck everything Sinister and the X-men were doing. I would prefer both as teammates on a new Hellions book but if that is not in the Cards I wouldn't mind them as an anti-hero duo, in the x-verse.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 12-27-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why should Scott be the only Summers to have and hold love? I all for a Goblin Queen and Goblin Prince reconnection and development.
    And the fact that Madex is polar opposite to Jott can make for some real good storytelling.

I Love Goblin Queen's darkness and I wouldn't mind if Alex explored his darker side...with her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Just because Alex loves Madelyne does not mean Madelyne loves Alex. There’s also the issue of when her latest backup happened. She does not seem to remember Hellions 3-5. Her resurrection brings up an interesting point. Some unhappy people who died might be pretty kissed to be brought back. She seems to be one of them. Hellions 28 suggest she has no interest in him whatsoever, and we know her next move is to take over Limbo. Poor Alex has had his mind messed up by the inversion end by Emma’s botched attempt to fix it. They really should have brought Alex back from a copy pre Axis.

We all know a Goblin Queen is looking for power, not love.

Astonishing Member

TBH the last appearance showed one thing Zeb having to wrap up everything and move his stuff over to the Spidey office. I get the feeling that the people who showed interest in using Maddy once she got back had no interest in her character being fleshed out they were just happy to have a majorly known villain that has not been co-opted (working with the X-men at the moment) that they can use. So Zeb gave them just that. I wouldn't expect any real character development on Maddy until she settles in as a member of or regularly recurring antagonist for a new title. So I take that appearance in Hellions 18 with a grain of salt. A main recurring storyline of a title wrapped up in a two page epilog.
    As to the when can they copy you back from is interesting. Could they do Colossus' sister before the Dark Childe, if Hank wanted to be just regular guy hobbit like Beast could he? Are there infinite copies of different eras of characters? Can Caliban come back has powerhouse Apolcalyspe version and why would Warren choose to be Archangel? If so go get Outback Maddy before the Goblin Queen and we she awakens break the whole Jean clone thing in the best way possible, problem solved? This resurrection thing will cause more problems than it cures in the long run.

Astonishing Member

See from the solicits for her New Mutants appearance she will be vying for a throne, in limbo, that she previously showed zero interest in. So I am not sure how much Maddy character development we will get there, but I won't judge it until I read it. I just see Maddy as a more nuanced character than the way she was portrayed in that Hellions two page appearance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    TBH the last appearance showed one thing Zeb having to wrap up everything and move his stuff over to the Spidey office. I get the feeling that the people who showed interest in using Maddy once she got back had no interest in her character being fleshed out they were just happy to have a majorly known villain that has not been co-opted (working with the X-men at the moment) that they can use. So Zeb gave them just that. I wouldn't expect any real character development on Maddy until she settles in as a member of or regularly recurring antagonist for a new title. So I take that appearance in Hellions 18 with a grain of salt. A main recurring storyline of a title wrapped up in a two page epilog.
    As to the when can they copy you back from is interesting. Could they do Colossus' sister before the Dark Childe, if Hank wanted to be just regular guy hobbit like Beast could he? Are there infinite copies of different eras of characters? Can Caliban come back has powerhouse Apolcalyspe version and why would Warren choose to be Archangel? If so go get Outback Maddy before the Goblin Queen and we she awakens break the whole Jean clone thing in the best way possible, problem solved? This resurrection thing will cause more problems than it cures in the long run.
    You’re very right about the issues resurrection causes. Madelyne next appears in New Mutants to scheme to take control of Limbo, according to solicitations and she is featured in Destiny of X. They have big plans for her.

Why are so many deep insights about Maddie posted in other characters' appreciation threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysworld in the Jean/Phoenix thread
    Maddy the Goblyn Queen and Jean the hero on opposite extremes with the Phoenix in the middle and thus able to be either a force for good or the Dark Phoenix.

But then you could ALSO just as easily look at it from the angle of Maddy aka Anodyne the healer and the Dark Phoenix are on opposite extremes and Jean is in the middle, with THOSE representing the duality of two different sides of Jean, as each of them were in effect born of her in different ways before taking on lives of their own but in entirely different directions.
    I'd like to see Anodyne at one extreme and the Goblin Queen at the other, with Madelyne caught between them, struggling to overcome her demon-possessed side and reclaim her Healer self.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree! It would be completely OOC if Maddie wasn't plotting something nefarious.
    That characterization was created by Maddie's true enemy: Louise Simonson. Would it really have ruined Scott and Jean's future happiness if the realization of her son's peril had jolted Maddie back to sanity, and she'd sacrificed her own life to save him? Of course not! But Ms. Simonson, by her own open admission, didn't like Madelyne and delighted in doing a hatchet job on her.

Yes, Claremont first introduced the Goblin Queen, but at least he made it clear that Madelyne was tricked into dealing with S'ym. "It's only a dream, right?" Her failure to recognize S'ym's true nature only shows that she didn't judge people by their appearance. After all. S'ym didn't look any more demonic than Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really hope she will be a villain and become the Goblin Queen again. Maybe a duo with Selene? The X-Men need some new/old mutant villains ASAP.
    And I really hope that Marvel will at least show her TRYING to overcome her dark side.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I can buy Alex having heightened feelings about Maddy given his time in the Mutant X dimension where he was married to a version of her but like.....basing it entirely on their 616 history is squicky and does Maddy no favors because whether the writers want to acknowledge it or not, it was all but explicitly stated in Inferno that Maddy was using her telepathy to MAKE Alex fall for her.
    I don't think she had to try very hard. During Fall of the Mutants, and later in the Outback, Alex had plenty of opportunity to get to know Maddie for herself, without Scott's compulsion to keep comparing her to Jean.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 12-31-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan