Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Moira did that to Mags
    Alpha the Ultimate Mutant de-aged Mags. Moira just messed with his baby genetic structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I have no idea if Madelyne ever met Umar or any Dr. Strange characters. One idea I've had is, have Maddie de-aged to infancy so she can have the childhood she was denied. Can anyone remember who de-aged Magneto? Not sure who should adopt her. Jean maybe, but could she resist the temptation to expect the baby to grow up to become the Goblin Queen?
    De-aged, as in regressed Magneto back to infancy? That would be Alpha, the Ultimate Mutant, a mutate that Magneto himself created!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I have no idea if Madelyne ever met Umar or any Dr. Strange characters. One idea I've had is, have Maddie de-aged to infancy so she can have the childhood she was denied. Can anyone remember who de-aged Magneto? Not sure who should adopt her. Jean maybe, but could she resist the temptation to expect the baby to grow up to become the Goblin Queen?
    The good thing about my story is that Madelyne does get a normal childhood, more or less. She is raised by Umar and her court in a hidden corner of the Dark Dimension. It's not exactly a worry-free existence though. Umar is deathly afraid that her evil brother will find out about her daughter and try to kill her as a potential threat to his reign. Umar prepares Madelyne for that day, but realizes that she can't teach her everything that she needs to know. Umar decides to send Madelyne to her other daughter on Earth, Clea Strange. (Enter the Strange Academy?) Since time in Umar's pocket dimension speeds along at a different pace than the normal universe, by the time Madelyne shows up at her half sister's doorstep, she is 17 years old. And she has no idea what a mutant is, or that before she became the Faltine duchess, she once was one.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-24-2021 at 07:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm working on a crazy story where Madelyne discovers that she has the power to be reborn akin to immaculate conception. I'm still debating if I want this to be a mutant ability, a reflection of the Phoenix Force, or something that is attributable to her mantle as Goblin Queen. Maybe some combination of the three. In any event, I'm planning for Madelyne's new birth mother to be none other than Umar, sister of Dormammu and erstwhile queen of the Dark Dimension. Umar will find herself miraculously pregnant and will eventually give birth to a child with Faltinian physical attributes. But as the child matures she'll begin to look even more like Madelyne/Jean facially, although she'll be taller (Umar is almost 6' tall) and her hair while as fiery red as the flames of the Faltine in most places, will have a streaking obsidian black rivulet of hair matching her birth mother's hair color. Height, physique, and hair coloring aside, Umar's daughter will look like Madelyne/Jean. She'll be Madelyne reborn.

So my question is, has there ever been any interaction between Umar and Madelyne in the past? Or for that matter, with Jean and Umar? Would Umar be able to recognize her at all?
    Actually, if silent and standing side-by-side -- Jean and Madelyne would be indistinguishable to Umar if she knew either at all...
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-24-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, if silent and standing side-by-side Jean and Madelyne are indistinguishable...
    Yes, I know. But my story changes that up a bit. Being Faltine, Madelyne will be taller than Jean, standing at around 5'11, as where Jean is only 5'7". Faltine Madelyne will also have denser bone and sinew like her birth mother, Umar. She'll be superhumanly strong, like Umar as well. Not as tall or as physically daunting as she was when she was Anodyne, but significantly different from Jean. Madelyne will have the same red hair as Jean, with the exception of the black streak -- again, from Umar. Facially she'll still look like the spitting image of Jean, although the eyes will seem darker and more mysterious -- an aura that reflects Umar's influence. That said, anyone who knows Jean will recognize Faltine Madelyne right away.

I'm working on sketches of her now. I may post later. We'll see.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-24-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve heard rumors that Maddy will be the main focus of the 2022 Inferno-esque crossover, along with Magik, and a younger Stryfe.
    bah. a redux of a redux.

I Want Maddie to have the Kwannon threatment. Make her a XMEN a darker one. i mean the team worked with Apoccy so. Why not Maddie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, I know. But my story changes that up a bit. Being Faltine, Madelyne will be taller than Jean, standing at around 5'11, as where Jean is only 5'7". Faltine Madelyne will also have denser bone and sinew like her birth mother, Umar. She'll be superhumanly strong, like Umar as well. Not as tall or as physically daunting as she was when she was Anodyne, but significantly different from Jean. Madelyne will have the same red hair as Jean, with the exception of the black streak -- again, from Umar. Facially she'll still look like the spitting image of Jean, although the eyes will seem darker and more mysterious -- an aura that reflects Umar's influence. That said, anyone who knows Jean will recognize Faltine Madelyne right away.

I'm working on sketches of her now. I may post later. We'll see.
    Maddy will always appear taller than Jean because Jean is in Super Hero boots/socks all the time, while Maddy's outfits have her in the sexy heels.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Maddy will always appear taller than Jean because Jean is in Super Hero boots/socks all the time, while Maddy's outfits have her in the sexy heels.
    True. But my reimagined Madelyne is going to be no older than 16 or 17, so she won't be regularly parading around in sexy heels. But if she did wear stilettos, she'd be as tall as Cyclops. Not that I'm looking to invite comparisons to Jean or Cyclops with this new reimagined Madelyne. Part of the reason why I made her Faltine is so that she can thrive outside of the X bubble. I like the idea of her becoming Clea's apprentice and spending some time at the Strange Academy. I also would like to see Madelyne take part in adventures with teams like the Defenders, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers.

Umar may not be the most moral individual, but in many ways she's going to raise Madelyne to be the opposite of her -- to be better than her -- a common desire with most parents. In Madelyne Umar also realizes a second chance to right a major wrong in her life with respect to abandoning Clea. To meet Madelyne you wouldn't know that she was ever the Goblin Queen or raised by wolves so to speak vis-à-vis Umar. Eventually the reimagined Madelyne will meet some of the X-men. But given that she has no memory of her past life at all, or any connection to it other than somewhere deep in her DNA, it probably won't be the most satisfying trip down memory lane for any of the X folks. None of that matters to her any more. It's like it never happened, because to her, Madelyne, daughter to Umar the Unrelenting, and Archduchess of the Faltine, it never did.

Astonishing Member

just read a Zeb Wells interview where he remarked how happy he was about the large reaction to Maddy's return and current situation, because it showed that a lot of the public cared about her as much as he does. Which leads to my question. I am not on social media and am not checking all of the comic sites but has Zeb hinted at when the next chapter in Maddy's story will come up in Hellions?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    just read a Zeb Wells interview where he remarked how happy he was about the large reaction to Maddy's return and current situation, because it showed that a lot of the public cared about her as much as he does. Which leads to my question. I am not on social media and am not checking all of the comic sites but has Zeb hinted at when the next chapter in Maddy's story will come up in Hellions?
    All the X-Writers are pretty careful about spoilers or even discussing storylines. They will usually only talk about current release books and the art itself. A lot of the X-artists will release the work in progress sketches for the actual comic art after the issue comes out. I follow David Baldeón and he is really prolific about sharing his art after the book releases.

I find the artists say more than the writers most of the time, and they like sharing scenes from the book after release. Haha, most of the X-writers are political and very social democratic. I am ok with that because I tend to have the same political beliefs so I like hearing them share their political opinions. Even Benjamin Percy is political, but he posts a lot more camping and nature posts. I think Ben is very outdoorsy and he likes to go out into the wilderness near where he lives.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That would have been so epic. Especially if they manage to do right by her.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

If old man Cable wasn’t dead, I’d say him.

But I don’t think she needs a childhood.

Selene was invited to Krakoa after she ate all those souls on Genosha. Look at what Apocalypse and Sinister did.

Maybe if the X-Men told her Madeline, we love you and you’re our family that would calm Maddie down. I think her latest attack in the X-Men was a cry for help.

In other words she’s always going to come back from dead and tormented them but not really kill them until they accept her.

BANNED

I think Maddy clearly could have killed the Hellions. Yet she didn’t make sure the most dangerous two were dead, Psylocke and Greycrow. She deliberately left an opening for them to stop her. She’s not totally committed to actually killing the X-Men. I think she may have wanted a proper new Jean clone body, instead of the body modified by Arkea and the Enchantress. Sinister probably has some Maddies in his lab and she will take on over.

Maddie will always be the villain of the story. Sometimes a goblin. Other times just a ghost. But she'll never get to be the character that we want her to be for very long. Not so long as she's part of the X-universe.