Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maddie will always be the villain of the story. Sometimes a goblin. Other times just a ghost. But she'll never get to be the character that we want her to be for very long. Not so long as she's part of the X-universe.
    Not so sure about that, maybe I am seeing what I want to see because there are a lot of one note characterizations in Hellions but I think that is for a reason. Her scenes with Alex and the power of the scene with Alex and Scott gave me the feeling that Wells has some true affection for Maddy as a character and not as the teams ultimate antagonist either. Maybe I and other Maddy lovers are seeing what we want to see, and that wasn't Wells' original plan BUT even if that is the case the almost universal love for the first arc of Hellions (it seems to have gotten more universal positive reviews moreso than anything else in the early Hickman X-verse), might encourage Wells to give the people what they want, more Maddy. The secret is this people have favorite villains that they like but rarely are they loved (Dr. Doom being an exception for me). Maddy is loved which means she isn't a villain, at least I have never seen her as one except when lazily written. Go back and look at Inferno, when you look at Maddy in Uncanny and Maddy in X-Factor it is hard to imagine they are the same character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maddie will always be the villain of the story. Sometimes a goblin. Other times just a ghost. But she'll never get to be the character that we want her to be for very long. Not so long as she's part of the X-universe.
    Hardly. All popular villains become X-Men eventually....

BANNED

Or change side frequently^^
    I would love for the original Madelyne to return as someone living on Krakoa. Even with the Inferno stuff that should be possible. I mean if someone like Sinister or Selene is there she schould too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    sadly so much so that the only antagonists left aren't charismatic or fun at all and all the cool heels are "good guys" Mags, Sinister, Apoc, Exodus, heck probably even Stryfe eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I dont really feel she's all that popular.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont really feel she's all that popular.
    I disagree, in fact she might be more popular than I thought. The Hellions initial arc is the most universally praised arc of the Hickman X-verse. What is behind that? Grey Crow, Wild Child even Psylocke have never moved the masses that much. Surely not Nanny and Orphan Maker. I have always fancied Sinister and Havok is my favorite X-Man however the thing that I think made the arc pop was the return of Madelyne Pryor. I suspect big things in her future on Hellions, probably being the started as a foe ended up the controversial teammate on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Jean: Hi Maddie we need to discuss your Scott Day, Emma has Saturday want Sunday?
    Maddie: Oh thats nice is Logan in too?
    Jean: Nah just Emma. (Lies in Krakoan)

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I disagree, in fact she might be more popular than I thought. The Hellions initial arc is the most universally praised arc of the Hickman X-verse. What is behind that? Grey Crow, Wild Child even Psylocke have never moved the masses that much. Surely not Nanny and Orphan Maker. I have always fancied Sinister and Havok is my favorite X-Man however the thing that I think made the arc pop was the return of Madelyne Pryor. I suspect big things in her future on Hellions, probably being the started as a foe ended up the controversial teammate on the team.
    Well just because a sotry is good doesn't make a chaarcter popular. On twitter and here she seems fairly popular, but as we are seeing with the vote x-men it means very little

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Jean: Hi Maddie we need to discuss your Scott Day, Emma has Saturday want Sunday?
    HAHAAHAHAAHAH

Oh please, leave cyke with logan. These three single women will be better

BANNED

And after that give them a series^^

Astonishing Member

As much as I am tired of Maddy's motivations being only directed at Scott and Jean and past wrongs, I don't want to see them hanging out as best buds either. Maddy will always bristle at comparisons to Jean, like Alex should always bristle at the Scott comparisons. However she should feel like those that don't get to know her for her are missing out, their loss. Maddy should be about developing a relationship with her sons, Cable and Stryfe and hanging with Alex who up to this point might be the only X-Man who cares for her more than he cares for Jean, with a slight bit of vengeance on Sinister, Sym and Nastirah for past wrongs.

Astonishing Member

Marvel tricked me into buying that Death of Old man Cable book by putting Maddy's name in the solicits though she didn't show up and was only mentioned in the, wasn't Maddy your mom, no he thought of Jean as his mom line (which makes me mad every time the writers do that crap). Side point I don't read Cable now but has does he ever even mention mention Maddy in the book? Also where has Stryfe been spotted lately if at all? Maddy trying to redeem Stryfe would make for an interesting storyline in Hellions. Maybe Alex and Maddy can go to the future and help raise young Stryfe the way Jean and Scott did but something happens to him after they leave to make him the version of Stryfe that comes to the past and causes trouble. There are lots of possible Maddy stories to be told when they bring her back full time. Make it so Zeb make it so...

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Marvel tricked me into buying that Death of Old man Cable book by putting Maddy's name in the solicits though she didn't show up and was only mentioned in the, wasn't Maddy your mom, no he thought of Jean as his mom line (which makes me mad every time the writers do that crap). Side point I don't read Cable now but has does he ever even mention mention Maddy in the book? Also where has Stryfe been spotted lately if at all? Maddy trying to redeem Stryfe would make for an interesting storyline in Hellions. Maybe Alex and Maddy can go to the future and help raise young Stryfe the way Jean and Scott did but something happens to him after they leave to make him the version of Stryfe that comes to the past and causes trouble. There are lots of possible Maddy stories to be told when they bring her back full time. Make it so Zeb make it so...
    Maddy hasnt been mentioned but Stryfe has. spoilers:
    He's the main villian of the series as it was revealed that he was behind the cult that Cable came across in the first issue. Now that he knows that, he is out to track him
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    lol

Some of us wait, some of us act.

For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah