Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

from you lips to Hickman's ears. It is funny how Mastermind or Alex's mind goes there and not to a green haired character, I think Havok83 is correct.

As of recent issues, has Sinister's secret relating to Madelyne come to fruition yet? From everything we know, it seems to me that the Madelyne who died in Hellions was some kind of psychic ghost (a remnant of the true Maddie or even a familiar of her) and the true Madelyne currently exists in sleep within Jean. (This would allow for a true resurrection of Maddie)

During X of Swords, I though Jean might have worn the Annihilation mask and somehow the mask would have awoken Maddie within Jean which would have eventually led to Maddie becoming the new Annihilation (there are rumors of an Inferno-type event).

My future prediction for Maddie is that she will be the first chimera (seems a lot of people have this idea), maybe of Jean and Illyana, and she will end up in possession of the Twilight Blade. I know the Amenth connection is out there, but my gut feeling is that is where Maddie's future lies.

How do others think Maddie will return?

Im not sure I buy that theory. Maddie cant be a chimera. A splicing of Jean and Illyana would produce a brand new character. I think when Maddie returns, she's gonna hijack Jean's body. I suspect Jean will die and get cloned but instead of Jean being back, it will be Maddie in the body instead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure I buy that theory. Maddie cant be a chimera. A splicing of Jean and Illyana would produce a brand new character. I think when Maddie returns, she's gonna hijack Jean's body. I suspect Jean will die and get cloned but instead of Jean being back, it will be Maddie in the body instead
    Would it create a new character though? We really have no idea on how the chimera process actually works. Remember the variant of HOXPOX with Rasputin and Cardinal, which shows Illyana and Nightcrawler? What if Rasputin and Cardinal were chimeras Illyana and Nightcrawler inhabited? It could explain why Rasputin has the soulsword. And in X-Men, Nightcrawler did talk about wills and creating husks with multiple powers which could hint at chimeras.

Originally, I did think someone would trick the Five into creating a Jean husk for Maddie to inhabit but I think Maddie deserves more. She has been a powerful individual and giving her a Jean husk just continues the story of Maddie being a Jean-copy. As a chimera, she gets to be something all her own, and a chimera of Jean/Illyana creates a union between her mutant powers and her mystical powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would be interesting. Even more do if after Maddie hijacked the clone body Jean herself resurrected her dead body. Jean doesn’t need the 5. She has resyrrected herself with and without the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    Would it create a new character though? We really have no idea on how the chimera process actually works. Remember the variant of HOXPOX with Rasputin and Cardinal, which shows Illyana and Nightcrawler? What if Rasputin and Cardinal were chimeras Illyana and Nightcrawler inhabited? It could explain why Rasputin has the soulsword. And in X-Men, Nightcrawler did talk about wills and creating husks with multiple powers which could hint at chimeras.

Originally, I did think someone would trick the Five into creating a Jean husk for Maddie to inhabit but I think Maddie deserves more. She has been a powerful individual and giving her a Jean husk just continues the story of Maddie being a Jean-copy. As a chimera, she gets to be something all her own, and a chimera of Jean/Illyana creates a union between her mutant powers and her mystical powers.
    And it would really just making a confusing mess of things.

And really there’s just no point to it.

It would be quite iconic for Maddie to arrive at the Hellfire Gala and say: "Did you miss me?"

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be quite iconic for Maddie to arrive at the Hellfire Gala and say: "Did you miss me?"
    That would be fantastic but not sure if I would rather her gatecrash the party or be there under everyone's noses.

If Russell Dautermann got to do one more costume for the gala, I really want to see what he would make for Maddie (even if it is never used in canon).

Like the wicked witch unhappy not having been invited? An old trope.

And, poor Maddie… From rejected spouse to clingy nutcase.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Sinister has an illegal clone farm and the DNA of all mutants. Not only does he have copies of himself, he recently made a body for Betsy Braddock.

The most obvious way for Madelyne´s return is Sinister simply has made more clone Maddie´s and the original Madelyne possesses one. Betsy Braddock entered the body of the clone Betsy and came back to life this way.

I think Madelyne may have needed a proper Jean Grey clone body. The body of Ana Cortez was modified by Arkea and the Enchantress to be able to host her essence, but it was not her true story. She may have deliberately gotten herself killed at the hands of the hellions and done a possession of one of them in order to get to Krakoa. I think she is there, waiting to move into a new Jean clone if she has not done so secretly already.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sinister has an illegal clone farm and the DNA of all mutants. Not only does he have copies of himself, he recently made a body for Betsy Braddock.

The most obvious way for Madelyne´s return is Sinister simply has made more clone Maddie´s and the original Madelyne possesses one. Betsy Braddock entered the body of the clone Betsy and came back to life this way.

I think Madelyne may have needed a proper Jean Grey clone body. The body of Ana Cortez was modified by Arkea and the Enchantress to be able to host her essence, but it was not her true story. She may have deliberately gotten herself killed at the hands of the hellions and done a possession of one of them in order to get to Krakoa. I think she is there, waiting to move into a new Jean clone if she has not done so secretly already.
    It would be really cool even if that happened ... And there is even logic ... But in the end she says that even the demons left her alone ... Only if they imprisoned her? Because the pact with the demons went wrong ...
    Last edited by andreikes; 03-28-2021 at 09:52 AM.

BANNED

It would be really cool even if that happened ... And there is even logic ... But in the end she says that even the demons left her alone ... Only if they imprisoned her? Because the pact with the demons went wrong ...
    She might not have been able to fulfill the pact with demons because the Cortez body does not allow her to access her full power.

Extraordinary Member

What if Maddie showed up after Cable dies....and demands he be resurrected as an infant before he was denied a normal life by Sinister, Apocalypse, et al...

Ultimate Member

i wonder if there's a way to kind of "hack" the ressurrection process and give Maddy a body anyway, not a messed up body or anything like that...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    i wonder if there's a way to kind of "hack" the ressurrection process and give Maddy a body anyway, not a messed up body or anything like that...
    Considering Sinister probably has labs all over....I am sure if there is not already a body then there is still a sample of Jean's DNA to make one.