Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Fear the Fur: The Cheetah's Most Savage Attacks

For anyone who thinks the Cheetah is a joke, please read this:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...savage-attacks
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think Cheetah is missing that one moment that really speaks volumes to her as a villain, like Bane breaking Batman's back or Joker shooting Barbara Gordon.

She has a lot of impressive feats (In Wonder Woman books and the Justice League 2018 run) but I think she needs that one thing that even casual fans will remember her for.

Her breaking Diana's gauntlets could have been that feat, but it wasn't for some reason...maybe if it was by her own claws and not the godkiller sword or if there was more buildup to it...

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-19-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Well written article, it makes me want to re-read several stories.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think Cheetah is missing that one moment that really speaks volumes to her as a villain, like Bane breaking Batman's back or Joker shooting Barbara Gordon.

She has a lot of impressive feats (In Wonder Woman books and the Justice League 2018 run) but I think she needs that one thing that even casual fans will remember her for.

Her breaking Diana's gauntlets could have been that feat, but it wasn't for some reason...maybe if it was by her own claws and not the godkiller sword or if there was more buildup to it...

There was almost too much build-up because it was solicited so far in advance it wasn't a surprise. Then what would've been Cheetah's shining moment was anticlimactic because when it finally happened it was mostly off panel. Why? They were running in for a touchdown but dropped the ball. Never mind that some fans were resistant to the idea in the first place, it failed in it's execution.

Cheetah also killed Hera. So what if she had the God Killer sword? Joker used a gun to cripple Barbara Gordon and no-one complaint that he didn't use his bare hands.

Some other feats from Cheetah include:

1.) Being able to play tug-of-war with Diana and her lasso in Perez's run.

2.) Stealing the power of Fury in Phil Jimenez's run and using it to kill Sebastian who had stolen her Cheetah abilities.

3.) Taking on the entire Big 7 Justice League(minus Hal Jordan) in Geoff Johns' Justice League #13 & 14.

4.) Killing Poesidon in Scott Snyder's Justice League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Cheetah also killed Hera. So what if she had the God Killer sword? Joker used a gun to cripple Barbara Gordon and no-one complaint that he didn't use his bare hands.

Some other feats from Cheetah include:

1.) Being able to play tug-of-war with Diana and her lasso in Perez's run.

2.) Stealing the power of Fury in Phil Jimenez's run and using it to kill Sebastian who had stolen her Cheetah abilities.

3.) Taking on the entire Big 7 Justice League(minus Hal Jordan) in Geoff Johns' Justice League #13 & 14.

4.) Killing Poesidon in Scott Snyder's Justice League.
    She didn't kill Hera, just fought her. Diana broke up the fight though. Joker is just a human, Cheetah is a demigod, it just feels weird since she killed Poseidon in one hit without the sword...

Not only did she kill Poseidon, she went back in time and made him her slave and used him to attack Atlantis. Which explains why he was so afraid of her when she was charging at him in the present before she killed him.

-She also killed Aphrodite

-Imprison several Amazons while attacking all of Themyscira by herself.

-That one hilarious time she tossed Bane aside like a ragdoll.

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-19-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    There was almost too much build-up because it was solicited so far in advance it wasn't a surprise. Then what would've been Cheetah's shining moment was anticlimactic because when it finally happened it was mostly off panel. Why? They were running in for a touchdown but dropped the ball. Never mind that some fans were resistant to the idea in the first place, it failed in it's execution.
    Yeah...the fight was like 2 panels or something. It was also weird that Cheetah even needed the sword because she was supercharged with that dark multiverse energy or something. She could one-shot a God all on her own at that point, she didn't need a sword. Also it didn't help that the writer at the time acted like Cheetah needed the sword to be dangerous. The second she looses it the writer acts like Cheetah hasn't fought Diana a bunch of times without it.

She didn't kill Hera, just fought her. Diana broke up the fight though. Joker is just a human, Cheetah is a demigod, it just feels weird since she killed Poseidon in one hit without the sword...

Not only did she kill Poseidon, she went back in time and made him her slave and used him to attack Atlantis. Which explains why he was so afraid of her when she was charging at him in the present before she killed him.

-She also killed Aphrodite

-Imprison several Amazons while attacking all of Themyscira by herself.

-That one hilarious time she tossed Bane aside like a ragdoll.

Sorry, I got Hera and Aphrodite mixed up.

Cheetah did kill Poseidon with her claws being tainted with the Tear of Extinction. Still, killing a god is a pretty incredible feat. Cheetah = 2/Greek Gods = 0.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Yeah...the fight was like 2 panels or something. It was also weird that Cheetah even needed the sword because she was supercharged with that dark multiverse energy or something. She could one-shot a God all on her own at that point, she didn't need a sword. Also it didn't help that the writer at the time acted like Cheetah needed the sword to be dangerous. The second she looses it the writer acts like Cheetah hasn't fought Diana a bunch of times without it.
    The writer of that story basically suggested Cheetah could be killed by being dropped from a high place. gww like many other writers, jutst treated Cheetah as garbage. Which is why she looked so unimpressive once she lost the sword. Honestly after seeing how they treated her in WW84. I wonder if Cheetah will ever be able to get some respect as a powerful opponent, or if she is doomed to be treated as glorified jobber for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The writer of that story basically suggested Cheetah could be killed by being dropped from a high place. gww like many other writers, jutst treated Cheetah as garbage. Which is why she looked so unimpressive once she lost the sword. Honestly after seeing how they treated her in WW84. I wonder if Cheetah will ever be able to get some respect as a powerful opponent, or if she is doomed to be treated as glorified jobber for all eternity.

I thought Cheetah's power level in WW84 was spot on. She was able to play tug-of-war with Diana and her lasso and also was able to to break through Diana's bracelet blast.

I thought Cheetah's power level in WW84 was spot on. She was able to play tug-of-war with Diana and her lasso and also was able to to break through Diana's bracelet blast.
    The first fight was against a very weakened Diana. The second fight was nothing spectuacular. Cheetah didn't show any feat of great strength, not even super speed feats. And her durability was only decent to blunt force. Since she was easily KO by electricity. I expect a character so called WW's most fierce foe to be way stronger and faster than what i saw in WW84. Honestly, i expect the same in the comics. For me is very simple. If Diana still is supposed to be the powerhouse that can trade blows with Kryptonians and Gods. Then i expect Cheetah to be powerful and fast enough to give her a fight. And not go down in 3 hits or being KO by electricity like i saw in the comics and WW84 respectively.

Diana was weakened in that fight though...

But I actually thought her portrayal in WW84 was good. She only had her powers for a few days and was just using animal instinct and brute strength/speed to fight Diana. Considering she was someone who was literally a regular human who didn't even know basic self defense a week ago, she gave Diana a good fight.

For their final fight, I do wish they had Cheetah break more of Diana's armor and not just the wings though... because much of the armor was still intact so it makes no sense why Diana wouldn't wear it again. She made short work of those wings though, they held back entire armies without a scratch and she slapped them off like Styrofoam.

Of coarse my opinion on this fight could change depending on if she reappears in WW3 and how she's depicted there. If WW3 is contemporary like Patty said she wants it to be, then we get a Cheetah with much more experience and I want to see Wonder Woman struggle a lot more. WW84 was a good intro fight for Cheetah, but I defiantly don't want it to be the only live action Cheetah fight.

Diana was weakened in that fight though...

But I actually thought her portrayal in WW84 was good. She only had her powers for a few days and was just using animal instinct and brute strength/speed to fight Diana. Considering she was someone who was literally a regular human who didn't even know basic self defense a week ago, she gave Diana a good fight.

For their final fight, I do wish they had Cheetah break more of Diana's armor and not just the wings though... because much of the armor was still intact so it makes no sense why Diana wouldn't wear it again. She made short work of those wings though, they held back entire armies without a scratch and she slapped them off like Styrofoam.

Of coarse my opinion on this fight could change depending on if she reappears in WW3 and how she's depicted there. If WW3 is contemporary like Patty said she wants it to be, then we get a Cheetah with much more experience and I want to see Wonder Woman struggle a lot more. WW84 was a good intro fight for Cheetah, but I defiantly don't want it to be the only live action Cheetah fight.
    DCU Cheetah doesn't even have that much speed compared to DCU WW.DCU WW has actual super speed feats. Cheetah had none. And she went down by electricity. I expect high tiers to be more durable than that.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-19-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The first fight was against a very weakened Diana. The second fight was nothing spectuacular. Cheetah didn't show any feat of great strength, not even super speed feats. And her durability was only decent to blunt force. Since she was easily KO by electricity. I expect a character so called WW's most fierce foe to be way stronger and faster than what i saw in WW84. Honestly, i expect the same in the comics. For me is very simple. If Diana still is supposed to be the powerhouse that can trade blows with Kryptonians and Gods. Then i expect Cheetah to be powerful and fast enough to give her a fight. And not go down in 3 hits or being KO by electricity like i saw in the comics and WW84 respectively.
    She ripped up the armor that Diana herself descried as "strong enough to take on the whole world" I think that's a pretty impressive feat. Doomsday couldn't even dent Diana's shield in BvS and I doubt that shields on the same level as the Golden Eagle armor.

Cheetah was very new to her powers so I'm not upset with how the fight went (for now). And she is almost certain to appear in WW3, which will be contemporary so she won't be a novice anymore. If a novice Cheetah gave Diana some difficulty in her strongest armor, imagine what a Cheetah with 40+ years of experience could do. If they show that then I don't mind how her first fight as full Cheetah went in WW84.

It also just occurred to me I don't think Cheetah even knew that Diana is a demigod and therefore became a demigod herself after she made her wish... She threw Diana aside when she was trying to explain what she is to her.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-19-2021 at 07:26 PM.

She ripped up the armor that Diana herself descried as "strong enough to take on the whole world" I think that's a pretty impressive feat. Doomsday couldn't even dent Diana's shield in BvS and I doubt that shields on the same level as the Golden Eagle armor.

Cheetah was very new to her powers so I'm not upset with how the fight went (for now). And she is almost certain to appear in WW3, which will be contemporary so she won't be a novice anymore. If a novice Cheetah gave Diana some difficulty in her strongest armor, imagine what a Cheetah with 40+ years of experience could do. If they show that then I don't mind how her first fight as full Cheetah went in WW84.

It also just occurred to me I don't think Cheetah even knew that Diana is a demigod and therefore became a demigod herself after she made her wish... She threw Diana aside when she was trying to explain what she is to her.

That armor stopped warriors from ancient times with ancient weapons. The Armor itself didn't even show to be bulletproof. WW still had to block them with her bracelets. The Armor is nearly featless to really know just how durable it actually is. Cheetah didn't give Diana any difficulty. Diana held back the whole time. Didn't throw a single punch and easily restrained Cheetah once she grabbed her. And then KO her with electricity. That doesn't scream very tanky opponent for Cheetah.