Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    The synopsis for the second issue is actually a bit of a bummer to me. Seems it will just be another "Spider-Man is taken over by Venom and becomes evil" stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Reading the synopsis and seeing the cover of issue #2 it feels like my fears of a standard "Symbiote = corruption" and no: true growth, characterization, and uniqueness of story is playing out. However I also know that the synopsis and covers can lied to us many times hiding what is really inside the issues. I have to have hope from of the reviews I might read/hear and if I take a chance on the series (financial budget pending) I hope to have my negative assumptions dashed.
    I hope as always that creativity, some well made twists to expectations, new insights, possibilities, and as always well written characters, growth, and overall story will be made. That even if 75% goes the way I expect that the other 25% will not and I'll enjoy and be intrigued by that.
    I get your point about Peter becoming "evil" because of Venom, but you should remember the new information we learnt about Venom in the last years. Venom wasn't essentially a bad guy then, but it got corrupted by the way his first host (Tel-Kar, the Kree super-soldier). So, all things considered, I suppose the only way to avoid Venom's influence to make Spider-Man violent can't be avoided unless we get a story where Spider-Man was the FIRST host.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This was the era when MJ revealed to Peter that she knew he was Spider-Man.
    Yeah, and there was quite a scene after MJ said that. Unexpectadly, Felicia appeared, which made Mary Jane leave; yet when Felicia was about to leave, the symbiote stopped her. Felicia thought this meant she was more important for Spidey than Mary Jane. So yeah, I'm quite intrigued about how Mary Jane and the Black will get involved in this story. (Although I have some "twisted" ideas".

Still on the fence on this title. The recent interview makes this sound like a very dark story with the symbiote has very little regard for life. So will more than likely see some known characters being killed. And it sounds like the villians will be teaming up to bring down Venom / Peter, which would be a unique twist. Will have to flip thru the first issue to decide.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Still on the fence on this title. The recent interview makes this sound like a very dark story with the symbiote has very little regard for life. So will more than likely see some known characters being killed. And it sounds like the villians will be teaming up to bring down Venom / Peter, which would be a unique twist. Will have to flip thru the first issue to decide.
    Have you noticed in the preview that the HobGoblin seems to attack Peter at his house? Does this mean he discovered his secret identity? If Aunt May dies or gets hurt, you can bet the HobGoblin will become Peter's first victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Have you noticed in the preview that the HobGoblin seems to attack Peter at his house? Does this mean he discovered his secret identity? If Aunt May dies or gets hurt, you can bet the HobGoblin will become Peter's first victim.
    Could be what puts him over the edge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Could be what puts him over the edge.
    Surely, but I can't avoid to see this as a waste. I mean, better than the Hobgoblin, it should be the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn). But at this time, he's hiding in Europe after everyone though he was dead.

Astonishing Member

Sorry for double post, but after seeing the cover of Issue 4, my suspictions about what could happen to MJ in this alternative universe have gained strength. I know covers sometimes trick us with something that actually don't happen in the comic, but I don't see this as one of those cases.

BANNED

Sorry for double post, but after seeing the cover of Issue 4, my suspictions about what could happen to MJ in this alternative universe have gained strength. I know covers sometimes trick us with something that actually don't happen in the comic, but I don't see this as one of those cases.
    Which cover is this? You have a link?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Which cover is this? You have a link?
    The one from Marvel's Solicitations for July 2021. It has Peter and MJ kissing, while a symbiote covers them up both.

Astonishing Member

The one from Marvel's Solicitations for July 2021. It has Peter and MJ kissing, while a symbiote covers them up both.
    Sorry for the double post. This is the cover:

issue 3 is out
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I guess Jameson aint all bad. Wonder what will happen with kraven and brock since they are the last one alive in terms of villains. Nice seeing the MJ and Felicia interaction. Fisk back up plan is mess up but makes perfect sense. Wonder what the symbiote is doing at the end as well

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Zdarsky totally gets J. Jonah Jameson.

This issue is great and might have an all-time Jonah moment for me.

And I hope the people who frothed online about Jonah deserving to get his hands broken get to eat crow after this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Zdarsky totally gets J. Jonah Jameson.

This issue is great and might have an all-time Jonah moment for me.

And I hope the people who frothed online about Jonah deserving to get his hands broken get to eat crow after this issue.
    I mean Jonah was still planning on killing him only stopped cause Peter got unmask. what if Peter was still under the mask or wasnt Peter at all? At most he would feel bad but rationalize it what he gets for being a menance.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I guess Jameson aint all bad. Wonder what will happen with kraven and brock since they are the last one alive in terms of villains. Nice seeing the MJ and Felicia interaction. Fisk back up plan is mess up but makes perfect sense. Wonder what the symbiote is doing at the end as well
    I liked the MJ/Felicia interaction, too, especially MJ's rebuttal to Felicia when Felicia tried to make a crack about Peter not letting her in on his secret identity as Spider-Man. And yeah, made perfect sense for Fisk to get his posthumous revenge by outing Peter's identity to everyone. As for what the symbiote was doing, I'd say it was replicating itself and had taken Reed Richards as a (temporary) host until it could reunite with Peter. Also, Jameson calling out Eddie Brock on his B.S. was a priceless moment, as was him realizing Spider-Man's true identity and somewhat forgiving Peter for his actions under the control/influence of the symbiote. All in all, I am definitely going to keep reading to see how this all turns out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean Jonah was still planning on killing him only stopped cause Peter got unmask. what if Peter was still under the mask or wasnt Peter at all? At most he would feel bad but rationalize it what he gets for being a menance.
    The thing about Jameson in this issue is that while he feels that Spider-Man needs to be stopped, he REALLY doesn't want to go through this. He totally wasn't gleeful about it like he probably would have been back in the day. It's a very nice touch. And after he realized it was Peter, his whole demeanor is "I don't know what happens now, but I have your back." Just like that.

Reminds me of how he's written in Silk. I swear I enjoy this portrayal much more than "GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN, DAMMIT"