BANNED

Default So about that Ben Affleck's Batman film.

Would anyone love to see Ben just create this movie like he did with Argo. Direct and produce it and have a strong input on the writing. I know there is a good chance Rob Pattinson may have signed a clause that while he is Batman, he is the only actor playing him on screen but what I love a lot about DC is DC loves to expand and enrich their universe. meaning there is a chance we can have different batman movies on screen each in a different universe coming out around the same time.

Argo was such a fantastic film and deserved it's best picture win, I would love to see Ben bring that to a Batman movie. I don't know why they even let him quit. he was already set to direct and write. Also we have never seen an elderly age worn out Batman before, it will be a good dimension for Batman's story on film. It does not even have to be heavily tied to the Snyder's DCU, maybe they can have the film play out more like Logan. what I like to call an open-pocket universe.

I think he was going through personal problems and decided not to take on this big a movie. I hope he still directs more movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wasn't that old but we saw a worn out batman for sure in TDKR. Bruh couldn't even walk on his own.

I like Ben Afflek woulda liked to see his take on the character but that ship has sailed. If he does a superhero movie again(Except Flashpoint if that ever actually happens) and I doubt he does I'm betting it will be for Marvel. He seems to to have faith in Feige as a producer. But yea I would have loved to see him direct and star in his own Batman film with Maginellos Deathstroke. I think Ben's Daredevil is underrated. The movie wasn't good but I liked him and he looked the part to me. One of my favorite scene is him standing in front the mirror in the bathroom. Loved how it showed the toll being DD takes on him. Before climbing into his isolation tub and blocking it all out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Would have been nice to get a Batman movie that's a lot like Fincher's The Game just with Batman and Deathstroke but the last time I heard about it, Deathstroke would have killed a lot of people close to Bruce, making Snyder's take on Batman even darker. If they would have Batman continuing his journey from BvS and becoming more sane… Count me in but it seems like Affleck dodged a bullet.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-20-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Probably will drop on HBO MAX at some point.

Have not watched Argo; still planning since I heard its good. But I loved his Batman/Bruce Wayne and I would love to see him continue to reprise that role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Have not watched Argo; still planning since I heard its good. But I loved his Batman/Bruce Wayne and I would love to see him continue to reprise that role.

Yes, let him do it , also without Snyder's influence just Ben's own vision.

Ben was at a low point in his life back then when he left the role, he seems better now. I still see this happening for Ben after Patrick Stewart came back for Picard at 80 years old, what I will say is I would love to see it in cinema but HBO Max would be good thing since for me, it is more about enriching the Batman mythos and another potentially great Batman movie.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If Justice League on HBO goes well I think they might strongly consider reviving Batman vs Deathstroke on the same platform.

I'm cool with him writing and directing a future Batman film. I'm ok with him starring in it but that's not essential.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hell yeah, he's legit the perfect Batman. I would love to see him direct and star in a BATMAN flick. Hopefully we'll see one hit Max soon, after JL comes out and does well.

BATMAN VS DEATHSTROKE would be cool. I'd like to see some of (or all of tbh!) Morrison's Batman elements make their way into Affleck's Batman too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-20-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Boisterously Confused

While I didn't like the scripts of either Affleck-Batman film, I very much liked his portrayal.of Batman. Bale was pretty good, but I wish they'd gotten Affleck for Nolan's films.

Not particularity interested in rubber muscle suit Batman and his vocoder, but I think Affleck is a good enough director to make a good Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think he was going through personal problems and decided not to take on this big a movie. I hope he still directs more movies.
    He's admitted to drinking a LOT when making the movie. There's some interviews of him with Henry where he just spaces out in parts. It explains a lot actually.