Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Un-Appreciated Characters - 2021

To start off the Un-Appreciated Character Thread for 2021...
    Justice

and

Ultra Girl

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

With Carol Danvers now being Kree (or part Kree...or whatever), it's going to be pretty tough for Ultra Girl to see daylight. I like the character, though.

Fantastic Member

I like Allice Gulliver from Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alice...er_(Earth-616)

I'd like to see her get her own title for a short run maybe. What I like is that it's a magic user who isn't super-powerful (at least that's the impression I got).
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-19-2021 at 11:29 PM.

My choice would be Kevin Masterson (A.K.A. Thunderstrike):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    He really deserved some love after Asgardians of The Galaxy. If they re-launch Young Avengers I want him on the team.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nomad (Jack Monroe)
    Marrow
    Cecila Reyes
    "Cable was right!"

Blue Marvel, gets plucked out of limbo only to be nerfed by Doom. A character that close to matches Doom in brilliance, and exceeds in raw power.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    To start off the Un-Appreciated Character Thread for 2021...
    Justice

and

Ultra Girl

Both really great and sadly un-appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'm a big fan of the original, and Kevin was my favorite in A-Next (though I always thought that he would be better wielding the Mace, and not "being it"), and I like the whole concept of the new Thunderstrike, but the execution left me dry (bland look and the whole angry teen been done to death thing). Still, I'd love to see the character get a chance at further development.

For my pick of un-appreciated character, I'm gonna go with Gilgamesh. So much wasted potential, IMHO. Oh, well, maybe now that he's gonna be on the MCU (though my expectations are really low in that regard).

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nomad (Jack Monroe)
    Marrow
    Cecila Reyes
    Cecilia at least seems to have stable guest appearance role in the Krakoa status quo, thanks to being the resident medical doctor with a sober and serious mind. In X-force she might aswell be an official part of the book, even if not part of the team, looking at the number of appearances there.

She has always been a good second line character who can work both in a supporting role, but also potentialy be part of a storyline. So it's nice to see her finaly getting some frequent use at the moment. Though her death was a bit dumb in my opinion.

Marrow meanwhile appears to be destined to sit the whole thing out, which isn't suprising. The writers who seem to find her interesting can be counted on two hands (if we are generous) and most just don't care. Doesn't help that she is more or less classed as 2nd or 3rd rate melee brawler, with limited physical powers, in the general eyes of writers, with no particular stand out skill, backstory element, connections or past storylines.
    So in a time when writers have access to almost every mutant character, villains and heros alike, it might be odd to have someone pick her over the various more powerfull or popular choices. Especialy with Wolverine and his spawns alone filling the various melee fighter needs on teams.
    Though it makes me wonder why she was added to the villain welcoming in House of X anyway?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    With Carol Danvers now being Kree (or part Kree...or whatever), it's going to be pretty tough for Ultra Girl to see daylight. I like the character, though.
    They need to do something to define her as not just a Carol clone. Define exactly what the Sentinel meant by "mutant Kree". I think it would be interesting if her origin was a little dark. The Pink Kree decided not to wait around for their savior and created her with a breeding program that involved abducting human mutants from Earth and breeding them with Pink Kree in an attempt to make their savior.

They need to do something to define her as not just a Carol clone. Define exactly what the Sentinel meant by "mutant Kree". I think it would be interesting if her origin was a little dark. The Pink Kree decided not to wait around for their savior and created her with a breeding program that involved abducting human mutants from Earth and breeding them with Pink Kree in an attempt to make their savior.
    There are an endless number of stories that you can tell with a character like Ultra Girl.

Oddly enough, UG's fate will be tied to Carol either way. How popular Carol is will determine whether or not there will be a call for an in-universe analog of the character. Just as there are multiple versions of Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor, there will someday be multiple iterations of Carol, if she becomes popular enough. If that happens, maybe then they can tap Ultra Girl for a more prominent role? Star seems to occupy the pole position on that right now, but anything is possible.

Definitely at the top of the unappreciated list. I've seen a number of previews for titles to be released in 2021, but none with Adam Brashear. That's not entirely surprising, though. The last series he was in he didn't even make the cover of any of the issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

There are an endless number of stories that you can tell with a character like Ultra Girl.

Oddly enough, UG's fate will be tied to Carol either way. How popular Carol is will determine whether or not there will be a call for an in-universe analog of the character. Just as there are multiple versions of Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor, there will someday be multiple iterations of Carol, if she becomes popular enough. If that happens, maybe then they can tap Ultra Girl for a more prominent role? Star seems to occupy the pole position on that right now, but anything is possible.
    Definitely at the top of the unappreciated list. I've seen a number of previews for titles to be released in 2021, but none with Adam Brashear. That's not entirely surprising, though. The last series he was in he didn't even make the cover of any of the issues.
    People keep poopooing on my desire for a new Avengers West...but both of them are on my list for that dream book.

Extraordinary Member

Adding to the list....Tara / Invader-1. The female Human Torch android from the New Invaders comic series.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Invader-1_(Earth-616)

People keep poopooing on my desire for a new Avengers West...but both of them are on my list for that dream book.
    In one of the dormant threads I had proposed a revamped Ultimates team that included both Ultra Girl and Blue Marvel on the roster. Smart minds....