• Black Canary

9 8.91%
  • Ra's al Ghul

1 0.99%
  • Jason Todd

5 4.95%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Best Fighter in DC [Poll]

Who is the best fighter in DC? Vote here!

All theoretical matchups to determine the best are purely hand to hand, testing a characters full strength, speed, agility, skill and wits.

I've excluded super enhanced characters like Deathstroke and Midnighter. Characters with inconsistent feats (Prometheus) or little wider exposure (Constantine Drakon - although his speed feats would classify as metahuman anyway) aren't included either. Of course, Val Armorr (Karate Kid) is excluded, otherwise he would obviously steamroll the competition.

My ranking is:
    1. Cassandra Cain
    2. Richard Dragon
    3. Lady Shiva
    4. Bronze Tiger
    5. Dick Grayson
    6. Bruce Wayne
    7. Connor Hawke
    8. Jason Todd
    9. Black Canary
    10. Ra's al Ghul

Extraordinary Member

Why is Val Armorr excluded? I came in here to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Why is Val Armorr excluded? I came in here to vote for him.
    Because he so obviously wins every time. At least with something like Richard Dragon vs. Cassandra Cain, there's at least a discussion to be had about who would win. Put Val against anyone on this list and he wins easily. It's like putting the Kid Flash on a "Who's the fastest Teen Titan" thread. I've just removed the obvious winner and the superhuman martial artists to make the thread a little more interesting than Val stomps.
    Last edited by km_sus; 01-19-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Voted for Bruce.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Extraordinary Member

Why is Jason on this list

Cassandra Cain gets my vote.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't think Bruce should ever be included in the best fighters list. I mean he is a top tier fighter but I feel he's more of a benchmark that separates the A tier and the S tier. The real dispute is between the O-trio (Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon), Cassandra Cain, and Black Canary. my rankings

1. Cassandra Cain - she's basically a metahuman with how good she is, and she's younger so she'll only get better. if she hasn't surpassed everyone else, she will.

i believe these next three are actually interchangeable (when written properly) and slightly edge each other out in particular techniques. if I had to rank them arbitrarily

2. Lady Shiva - Shiva first because she's stayed consistently deadly and relevant.
    3. Bronze Tiger - Ben goes here because, even though his skill waxes and wanes, he is always a top tier contender and I can see him being one good story away from reaching new heights. he got my vote just because I like him
    4. Richard Dragon - I put Richard Dragon arbitrarily last for the trio because his star faded once the white savior trope died off and I don't see him ever reaching the same heights again short of a reinvention.

5. Black Canary - underrated combatant for a while but she's getting her due now more than before. I think she could outfight most of the others on the list.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-19-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Sa'ar would be above the likes of everyone here. He owned Shiva. Val Armorr too.

Mighty Member

Oops. Just read OP. Shiva is at the top of my list.

Mighty Member

Where do you guys rank the Sensei's? Like Sensei O'Sensei, and I-Ching?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Where do you guys rank the Sensei's? Like Sensei O'Sensei, and I-Ching?
    I like to imagine O'Sensei in his prime was how people see Bang from One-Punch Man, just absolutely ridiculously skilled.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Still Shiva for me. Cass got in her to be better but I feel she is so less consistently than Shiva is.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I voted for Ra's.
    He's been around for centuries. As good as Shiva and Cass are, there's no way they'd be able to compete with a bloke with a century's worth of experience.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I voted for Ra's.
    He's been around for centuries. As good as Shiva and Cass are, there's no way they'd be able to compete with a bloke with a century's worth of experience.
    I've seen growth men get dog walked by teenagers, experience is all well and good but at a certain point overwhelming force wins out. I mean, Jason Todd beat him...

currently following:

I'm not sure that Ra's fight a lot anymore. Sure, he isn't a Luthor who needs power-armors and the like to fight but still. The Demon's head has many cultists to do his bidding, I highly doubt that, before Batman, he crossed hair with anyone more than once or twice in a decade. He trains sure, but training and experiencing true fight isn't the same I think.