Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
you how you gonna dismiss every other character's skill as being defined by popularity, but then in the same breath talk about how Batman is limitless? an percieved "limitlessness" attributed to Batman is purely due to popularity, you're drinking the kool-aid. lets stop the cap, Batman has limits and without tech or planning ahead, going purely on hand to hand like the rest if these people, he's not fighting Superman, Darksied, or any superpowered individual that these other fighters couldn't. if he could trade hands at that level, that would break the premise of Batman as a superhero.
What I was saying is that is more of a combination, of Batman skills and the fact that because he is popular DC, in general, will put him against characters way above his power level, and because he is constantly put against world levers he was equiped by writers over the years with the skills that allows him to level up using whatever he needs to do it.

The example I gave is a good one I think. If Batman is walking around one night and ends up fighting Lady Shiva, chances are he would lose, but if he knew he was going to face against her, he probably would have the "one move" preped to take her out in a hand-to-hand face off. It's just how Batman works.