Default DCeased Dead Planet #7 Discussion and Spoilers

Alright, its the final issue of this big mini-series. Personally this has been a favorite of mine, I like all the characters that Taylor is using, I like how he has expanded the role of certain characters and who they have become, and if you ask me it does a lot better then any standard zombie story. So with this being the last issue of the series it is time to find out what goes down in this series, and probably what it will lead to in the future.

I will say that this issue is a great culmination of all the events that have transpired, all or at least all the earth plots such as the cure, Trigon, the Amazo's all collide here in a crescendo of our heroes trying to save the planet and its people while up against impossible odds. It's an exciting story that if it didn't have the undead/anti-living in it, you could be excused into thinking its just a big event series in a further down the road continuity. Honestly it is not even that gory, really only one confirmed death goes down while two others could be considered dead though we never really see what happens to them. But honestly by the end of this, the story is much more hopeful this time around. Of course even with hope there is the fear of what comes next, because there are still a few strands left hanging that could have dire consequences in a potential sequel, one such thread I cannot see Taylor ignoring. I had a great time and I recommend this series, probably the entire series if I am honest.

I'm going to put in spoilers some of my favorite moments from this issue, a lot of Jon Superman moments if I am honest.

spoilers:

- Jon getting to punch Trigon and basically defy fate (the idea that he would die if he fought Trigon, not Kent Nelson) was great.
    -I thought the Pa kent moment was great, its brief but I didn't expect him to be alive and it's just a sweet moment.
    -Wallace getting to save the people was great
    -Damian being his best Batman self
    -Cyborg getting to make up for the first series by shutting down the Amazo Army
    -Ollie and Dinah together in the end
    end of spoilers

As for why I think there is going to be a DCeased 3
    spoilers:
    I mean anti-life Superman is still in the sun and the anti-life Darkseid is still out there and probably one of the biggest threats to the universe, especially if he has infected the New Gods.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    As for why I think there is going to be a DCeased 3
    spoilers:
    I mean anti-life Superman is still in the sun and the anti-life Darkseid is still out there and probably one of the biggest threats to the universe, especially if he has infected the New Gods.
    end of spoilers
    There's also
    spoilers:
    All those anti-life zombies trapped in the nightshade realm from DCeased: Hope At World's End
    end of spoilers

With that said, I've loved this entire series. Really do hope there's some sort of continuation. Doesn't even necessarily need to be a sequel. There was that 5 year time jump, I'm sure there's plenty of story to tell between then and the conclusion of Dead Planet.
    Last edited by Murrocko; 01-19-2021 at 09:40 PM.