Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Creator Roulette marvel 2021 and beyond big books have openings

so with cates off venom in april there are going to be a few huge books looking for creators come late summer fall, a lot of creator shuffling to occur al lot of what im posting is here is guesswork, , basic logic and a few things ive heard and been told in the last few weeks so the books opening up
    venom in may hulk by late summer , a more high profile creative team on ms marvel,DR STRANGE AND black panther both get very huge relaunches later this year and contrary to rumors by bleeding cool hes staying coates is wrapping his cap run later this year. aaron on avengers for the long haul, cates on thor and cantwell locked in on iron man. Spencer has amazing thru 2021 maybe beyond would have thought chip would replace him sooner than later but with his dc batman work and the completely unnecessary spidey what if series doubtful.
    i can say with confidence that a couple high profile dc creators are taking over one of the books opening up we probably wont hear about it at least til summer though

Mighty Member

I'm half expecting Ewing to get Amazing once Spencer is off the title.
    At first, I started to think Cates and Stegman would continue Venom elsewhere, but I'm now starting to think that it's the end of that story now. We'll just have to see what happens next.

Spencer may do Doctor Strange next, you said there was a relaunch, I don't know if a creative team has been announced yet, but with Doctor Strange appearing in Amazing lately, it'll make sense.

Saying that, I wouldn't he surprised is Rosenberg does Amazing for a while and the tie-in issues to Last Remains where to ease him into the series.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Spencer isn’t going away for a while.

I’m not 100% convinced on Cates/Stegman leaving Venom. I feel it could be hype and it’ll continue on in either a different name or as something else.
    After Immortal Hulk, I would LOVE to see Ewing on Doctor Strange.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so with cates off venom in april there are going to be a few huge books looking for creators come late summer fall, a lot of creator shuffling to occur al lot of what im posting is here is guesswork, , basic logic and a few things ive heard and been told in the last few weeks so the books opening up
    venom in may hulk by late summer , a more high profile creative team on ms marvel,DR STRANGE AND black panther both get very huge relaunches later this year and contrary to rumors by bleeding cool hes staying coates is wrapping his cap run later this year. aaron on avengers for the long haul, cates on thor and cantwell locked in on iron man. Spencer has amazing thru 2021 maybe beyond would have thought chip would replace him sooner than later but with his dc batman work and the completely unnecessary spidey what if series doubtful.
    i can say with confidence that a couple high profile dc creators are taking over one of the books opening up we probably wont hear about it at least til summer though
    Writers or artists from DC? Please. God. NOT. Bendis.

And it's way past time for a new, QUALITY, Doctor Strange book. Hoping the alleged high profile creative team will avoid trashing the character. No More Deconstruction.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Spencer isn’t going away for a while.
    Yeah, unless he decides to wrap up all the plot threads with Kindred for the 100th issue, I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Assuming that Avengers is getting relaunched with the recently announced Heroes Reborn, I can see Marvel sliding Donny Cates over to helming it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    aaron on avengers for the long haul
    *Sigh*. This long haul will be long indeed.

I think Ewing is probably next in-line for Avengers after Aaron leaves. Either him or Cates.

35BDDD8D-A6CA-40B9-94FD-650E6AA86BB2.jpg

A tweet from a few months back from Cates fuels my beliefs they won’t be leaving just yet.

That's not a lie. Venom #200 isn't a KIB tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not a lie. Venom #200 isn't a KIB tie-in.
    It’s not, but I’ve also seen him discuss on Twitter the origins of the Venom symbiote and how it got to Battleworld in its first appearance in Secret Wars.

I suppose they could address it in the big finale issue, but I just don’t know if I’m convinced or not yet.

I kind of hope they are, so that they don’t overstay their welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    35BDDD8D-A6CA-40B9-94FD-650E6AA86BB2.jpg

A tweet from a few months back from Cates fuels my beliefs they won’t be leaving just yet.
    Odd, IGN and the solicits say it's his last issue.

But if it ended with KIB, it'd be ending with LGY #199.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ewing is probably next in-line for Avengers after Aaron leaves. Either him or Cates.
    Mighty Avengers (both volumes, despite all the AXIS crap that hampered the opening of the second one), New Avengers and U.S. Avengers were all criminally underrated gems, so that'd be great.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So realistically some guesses for writers i'm thinking of is:

The Hulk: Donny Cates
    Dr. Strange: Al Ewing
    Venom: Jason Aaron
    Captain America: Saladin Ahmed
    Black Panther: Eve Ewing

Been posting over on the Spider-forum but I'm fully convinced that this Venom storyline is not going to be the last we see of Knull and it's only a matter of time before Aaron loops the character into his Avengers 100000000 BC storyline.

Hulk I feel like Marvel is going to want to strike while the iron is still hot and Cates is their current golden boy so it makes sense.

Saladin Ahmed I feel like has been doing a backdoor audition to write Captain America with his guest appearances in the Miles Morales book.

With Eve Ewing not returning to Champions I have to imagine she might have another title lined up at Marvel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Mighty Avengers (both volumes, despite all the AXIS crap that hampered the opening of the second one), New Avengers and U.S. Avengers were all criminally underrated gems, so that'd be great.
    Ewing getting the main book would feel deserved after all the craziness he had to go through with his satellite Avengers books, whether it be relaunches or event tie-ins.

I wonder if his Guardians run might foreshadow his approach to Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I would think either Ewing or Zub would be next in line. Maybe Kelly Thompson a shot, maybe even Nick Spencer.
    I think Spencer said as much about the Avengers as he would in Secret Empire. He doesn't seem like a team book guy, although I know he was on Secret Avengers and Superior Foes (but the latter had a definitive main character in Boomerang).

I think the next big book from Thompson is...honestly, Scarlet Witch? I know people have been complaining about Wanda or Vision not being in a book while their TV show is doing well, but I'm just thinking that Marvel has been putting Thompson on their high-profile MCU heroines, and Wanda fits the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Saladin Ahmed I feel like has been doing a backdoor audition to write Captain America with his guest appearances in the Miles Morales book.
    He even had Cap show up in his Black Bolt run.

And it would give Marvel credit for having another POC writer work on Cap after Coates leaves.