Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

just hearing some gossip none of this 100 percent just some rumblings venom is either orlando, ewing or the beta ray bill guy as writer..ewing less likely...stegman has the deadpool wolvie miniseries/ongoing special not sure of format then look for him to take on one of the opening on one of the big books as writer maybe hulk. whats next with cates should be announced first week in april. and once again spencer is on amazing for the long haul run not ending any time soon

an aside would love to have tom king on cap but after the big breevort dust up and stuff that happended when vision ended doubtful hopefully we get a fresh voice because one word to describe coates run not good not bad just instantly forgetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ewing is probably next in-line for Avengers after Aaron leaves. Either him or Cates.
    Mighty Avengers (both volumes, despite all the AXIS crap that hampered the opening of the second one), New Avengers and U.S. Avengers were all criminally underrated gems, so that'd be great.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ewing is probably next in-line for Avengers after Aaron leaves. Either him or Cates.
    I would think either Ewing or Zub would be next in line. Maybe Kelly Thompson a shot, maybe even Nick Spencer.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So realistically some guesses for writers i'm thinking of is:

The Hulk: Donny Cates
    Dr. Strange: Al Ewing
    Venom: Jason Aaron
    Captain America: Saladin Ahmed
    Black Panther: Eve Ewing

Been posting over on the Spider-forum but I'm fully convinced that this Venom storyline is not going to be the last we see of Knull and it's only a matter of time before Aaron loops the character into his Avengers 100000000 BC storyline.

Hulk I feel like Marvel is going to want to strike while the iron is still hot and Cates is their current golden boy so it makes sense.

Saladin Ahmed I feel like has been doing a backdoor audition to write Captain America with his guest appearances in the Miles Morales book.

With Eve Ewing not returning to Champions I have to imagine she might have another title lined up at Marvel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just hearing some gossip none of this 100 percent just some rumblings venom is either orlando, ewing or the beta ray bill guy as writer..ewing less likely...stegman has the deadpool wolvie miniseries/ongoing special not sure of format then look for him to take on one of the opening on one of the big books as writer maybe hulk. whats next with cates should be announced first week in april. and once again spencer is on amazing for the long haul run not ending any time soon

an aside would love to have tom king on cap but after the big breevort dust up and stuff that happended when vision ended doubtful hopefully we get a fresh voice because one word to describe coates run not good not bad just instantly forgetable.
    Stegman as writer on Hulk, after Ewing? I think it is really unlikely.

I think Tom King is still DC exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Mighty Avengers (both volumes, despite all the AXIS crap that hampered the opening of the second one), New Avengers and U.S. Avengers were all criminally underrated gems, so that'd be great.
    Ewing getting the main book would feel deserved after all the craziness he had to go through with his satellite Avengers books, whether it be relaunches or event tie-ins.

I wonder if his Guardians run might foreshadow his approach to Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I would think either Ewing or Zub would be next in line. Maybe Kelly Thompson a shot, maybe even Nick Spencer.
    I think Spencer said as much about the Avengers as he would in Secret Empire. He doesn't seem like a team book guy, although I know he was on Secret Avengers and Superior Foes (but the latter had a definitive main character in Boomerang).

I think the next big book from Thompson is...honestly, Scarlet Witch? I know people have been complaining about Wanda or Vision not being in a book while their TV show is doing well, but I'm just thinking that Marvel has been putting Thompson on their high-profile MCU heroines, and Wanda fits the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Saladin Ahmed I feel like has been doing a backdoor audition to write Captain America with his guest appearances in the Miles Morales book.
    He even had Cap show up in his Black Bolt run.

And it would give Marvel credit for having another POC writer work on Cap after Coates leaves.

Thompson on a Scarlet Witch solo is unlikely, my guess it will be Orlando writing her solo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So realistically some guesses for writers i'm thinking of is:

The Hulk: Donny Cates
    Dr. Strange: Al Ewing
    Venom: Jason Aaron
    Captain America: Saladin Ahmed
    Black Panther: Eve Ewing

Been posting over on the Spider-forum but I'm fully convinced that this Venom storyline is not going to be the last we see of Knull and it's only a matter of time before Aaron loops the character into his Avengers 100000000 BC storyline.

Hulk I feel like Marvel is going to want to strike while the iron is still hot and Cates is their current golden boy so it makes sense.

With Eve Ewing not returning to Champions I have to imagine she might have another title lined up at Marvel.
    Eve Ewing actually is a big fan of Shuri and she fits the profile of who Marvel probably wants to head up the BP books. Is she any good though? I havenÂ’t read Champions or Ironheart outside the issues Shuri popped up in.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Eve Ewing actually is a big fan of Shuri and she fits the profile of who Marvel probably wants to head up the BP books. Is she any good though? I havenÂ’t read Champions or Ironheart outside the issues Shuri popped up in.
    Her Ironheart and Champions are pretty solid.

Do I think that makes her qualified to take over BP? Not sure, but she's a solid comic book writer.

Y’all forget that Marvel is working on stuff with John Ridley. I’ve had him pegged for BP since they announced that.