Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Creator Roulette marvel 2021 and beyond big books have openings

so with cates off venom in april there are going to be a few huge books looking for creators come late summer fall, a lot of creator shuffling to occur al lot of what im posting is here is guesswork, , basic logic and a few things ive heard and been told in the last few weeks so the books opening up
    venom in may hulk by late summer , a more high profile creative team on ms marvel,DR STRANGE AND black panther both get very huge relaunches later this year and contrary to rumors by bleeding cool hes staying coates is wrapping his cap run later this year. aaron on avengers for the long haul, cates on thor and cantwell locked in on iron man. Spencer has amazing thru 2021 maybe beyond would have thought chip would replace him sooner than later but with his dc batman work and the completely unnecessary spidey what if series doubtful.
    i can say with confidence that a couple high profile dc creators are taking over one of the books opening up we probably wont hear about it at least til summer though

Mighty Member

I'm half expecting Ewing to get Amazing once Spencer is off the title.
    At first, I started to think Cates and Stegman would continue Venom elsewhere, but I'm now starting to think that it's the end of that story now. We'll just have to see what happens next.

Spencer may do Doctor Strange next, you said there was a relaunch, I don't know if a creative team has been announced yet, but with Doctor Strange appearing in Amazing lately, it'll make sense.

Saying that, I wouldn't he surprised is Rosenberg does Amazing for a while and the tie-in issues to Last Remains where to ease him into the series.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Spencer isn’t going away for a while.

I’m not 100% convinced on Cates/Stegman leaving Venom. I feel it could be hype and it’ll continue on in either a different name or as something else.
    After Immortal Hulk, I would LOVE to see Ewing on Doctor Strange.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so with cates off venom in april there are going to be a few huge books looking for creators come late summer fall, a lot of creator shuffling to occur al lot of what im posting is here is guesswork, , basic logic and a few things ive heard and been told in the last few weeks so the books opening up
    venom in may hulk by late summer , a more high profile creative team on ms marvel,DR STRANGE AND black panther both get very huge relaunches later this year and contrary to rumors by bleeding cool hes staying coates is wrapping his cap run later this year. aaron on avengers for the long haul, cates on thor and cantwell locked in on iron man. Spencer has amazing thru 2021 maybe beyond would have thought chip would replace him sooner than later but with his dc batman work and the completely unnecessary spidey what if series doubtful.
    i can say with confidence that a couple high profile dc creators are taking over one of the books opening up we probably wont hear about it at least til summer though
    Writers or artists from DC? Please. God. NOT. Bendis.

And it's way past time for a new, QUALITY, Doctor Strange book. Hoping the alleged high profile creative team will avoid trashing the character. No More Deconstruction.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

aaron on avengers for the long haul
    *Sigh*. This long haul will be long indeed.

I think Ewing is probably next in-line for Avengers after Aaron leaves. Either him or Cates.

35BDDD8D-A6CA-40B9-94FD-650E6AA86BB2.jpg

A tweet from a few months back from Cates fuels my beliefs they won’t be leaving just yet.

That's not a lie. Venom #200 isn't a KIB tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Spencer isn’t going away for a while.
    Yeah, unless he decides to wrap up all the plot threads with Kindred for the 100th issue, I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Assuming that Avengers is getting relaunched with the recently announced Heroes Reborn, I can see Marvel sliding Donny Cates over to helming it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not a lie. Venom #200 isn't a KIB tie-in.
    It’s not, but I’ve also seen him discuss on Twitter the origins of the Venom symbiote and how it got to Battleworld in its first appearance in Secret Wars.

I suppose they could address it in the big finale issue, but I just don’t know if I’m convinced or not yet.

I kind of hope they are, so that they don’t overstay their welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    35BDDD8D-A6CA-40B9-94FD-650E6AA86BB2.jpg

A tweet from a few months back from Cates fuels my beliefs they won’t be leaving just yet.
    Odd, IGN and the solicits say it's his last issue.

But if it ended with KIB, it'd be ending with LGY #199.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Black Panther is heading for a relaunch. Likewise Hulk. We know plans are in place for Doctor Strange.

Spencer is staying on Amazing until 2022 (Spidey's 60th anniversary and #900). I doubt Cates is entirely done with Venom.

Mighty Member

I don't think Marvel will give Avengers to Cates, Cates has said he doesn't think he gels well with team books band has said both Guardians and Inhumans are his worst work.

I doubt Marvel will give their flagship team to someone who doesn't like writing team books that much.
    I also doubt Spencer will stay on for another 50 issues, he seems pretty content with doing his story and moving on. What may happen is that he will get to #75 or 80, and the volume continues with a new writer, that way Marvel get both a #900 and #100 like they did before with 850 and 50.

At first I was thinking Cates isn't finished with Eddie, but really every major plotline besides the Maker will be wrapped up with #200. The Maker can easily be moved to a different title.
    There was also the Kang looking guy seemly covered in a Symbiote, but that could come either towards the end of KiB or the next Cates/Stegman project could continue plot threads from Venom.

We've seen that Cates is willing to connect all of his comics in a sort of Cates Verse, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I also doubt Spencer will stay on for another 50 issues, he seems pretty content with doing his story and moving on. What may happen is that he will get to #75 or 80, and the volume continues with a new writer, that way Marvel get both a #900 and #100 like they did before with 850 and 50.
    Spencer has been pretty open with the fact Last Remains caps off the first "Act" of his plans for Amazing. So I don't think he'll walk away just yet. Some assume he'll stay on past #900. I don't think so, myself. I do think he'll likely stay until #900. Marvel will get 3 big numbers that way - #100, #900 and a brand new #1 with a new creative team. 2022 will be the 60th anniversary and Marvel will milk it for all its worth.

I also think Homecoming 3 might be delayed so that it drops in 2022 as well.