Default If You Could Revive "The Brave And The Bold"...

What would you do with it?

Boisterously Confused

Make a split book, with the main feature being a team-up story, and the backup featuring a rotating cast of solo characters. Sort of ladder it so that the star of the backup feature becomes one of the characters in the team-up story in the next issue.

Some of the best examples of what I'm thinking of were in Marvel's team-up books, Marvel Team-Up, and Marvel Two-In-One, where a story might run through several issues, but with at least half the cast changing from one issue to the next.

What I wouldn't do it with it is transforming it into another Batman book.
    DrNewGod had a good idea.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Make the recurrimg character someone iconic, but works better paired with others rather than solo. I nominate Martian Manhunter.

I think I’d make it a multiverse series. Hear me out but what if brave and the bold starred the Multiverse House of heroes and focused on the adventures they get into, whether it be the Justice Incarnate, or Just characters like Calvin Ellis or even just odd little adventures where worlds team up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'd start out the first arc with a few Batman team-ups to get it going, kind of like how Waid did it, but then the book would go into far more diverse and various team-ups.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Make the recurrimg character someone iconic, but works better paired with others rather than solo. I nominate Martian Manhunter.
    You know, as an homage to B&B as the cradle of the Justice League, maybe rotate the "recurring" role in the title among the O7, excluding Supes and Bats (as they were really only cameo characters in the first few issues).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You know, as an homage to B&B as the cradle of the Justice League, maybe rotate the "recurring" role in the title among the O7, excluding Supes and Bats (as they were really only cameo characters in the first few issues).
    I like that idea a lot. You could even do blocks of the Big 7: Flash as the "main" hero for 6 issues, then GL for 6, etc.
    And absolutely don't tie it to main continuity--that way you could tell stories from throughout the Metaverse/Multiverse/Whatever we are calling it now

The Brave & The Bold, starring Power Girl and...

...have multi issue storylines that feature different characters weaving in and out of the narrative as the story requires.