Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What if they cast Amanda Seyfried as Storm or Dolph Lundgren as Bishop?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If Hollywood's goal is diversity, they should stop adapting old stuff and give us new stuff.
    "Cable was right!"

I want the characters to be the way they are in the books. Jean is white. If they want diversity, use storm, thunderbird, sunfire as part of the first class. There are a lot of good mutants of color. I don't like race bending for the sake of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never wrote white woman. Someone with fairer skin can be white, as well as Asian, latina, biracial, native american and even a light skin black woman.
    I'm not even going to into the racist connotation of "fair skin" hint: it implies its inherently more beautiful and "gentle" , but its quite clearly what you imagined starfire to be, someone with lightskin simply bronzed. and you're mad they didnt make her that... Glad you didnt deny that you did indeed imagine starfire to have "fair" skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    I'm not even going to into the racist connotation of "fair skin" hint: it implies its inherently more beautiful and "gentle" , but its quite clearly what you imagined starfire to be, someone with lightskin simply bronzed. and you're mad they didnt make her that... Glad you didnt deny that you did indeed imagine starfire to have "fair" skin.
    Please don't come here to attack other users.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I want the characters to be the way they are in the books. Jean is white. If they want diversity, use storm, thunderbird, sunfire as part of the first class. There are a lot of good mutants of color. I don't like race bending for the sake of it.
    what if the characters were not racebent for the sake of it and the actors were simply suitable for the role?? Jean grey's identify has nothing to do with her being white. So being black really wouldn't change her character at all.

BANNED

when did I attack him?? Calling out someone's blatant bias is not attacking said person now is it?

You misintrepreted my words and I offered an expanded explanation. There's nothing more to say about that. I also didnt say I was mad about Starfire onscreen. I dont watch the show nor do I follow DC comics. I dont have a horse in that race

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Please don't come here to attack other users.
    Thank you

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Yupp. This in a nutshell for me too.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

when did I attack him?? Calling out someone's blatant bias is not attacking said person now is it?
    You took their "they should've used make-up on a lighter actress like Gamora" comment and turned it into racism. Get a grip.
    "Cable was right!"

You took their "they should've used make-up on a lighter actress like Gamora" comment and turned it into racism. Get a grip.
    and I didnt say they should have but rather they could have and that was only mentioned as an alternative to what was done to get the character looking more like her comicbook counterpart which is an alien that isnt of the races that humans are
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-21-2021 at 10:15 AM.

BANNED

Huh... Funny how NOW you say you have no interest on the show and on the character, but just moments ago you for some unearthly reason pointed out that they could have not picked the black actress and simply picked someone with "fair" skin and simply painted her... which is literally just an excuse and implies that it shouldn't be a black actress playing the role.

Dude its really not that serious. Again, Ive explained myself. Whether you recieve it or not, it is what it is

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If Hollywood's goal is diversity, they should stop adapting old stuff and give us new stuff.
    Exac-fockin-tatiously!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Which is literally just completely unnecessary because there's literally no reason to believe that it would even look good... It was a literal excuse used by racists during the time of her announcement to say that a black woman shouldn't play the role... sorry that I called out the exact same racist rhetoric being posted... i guess???