Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 187
  1. #166
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Just because you regocnise anti-blackness in the comic-industry does not mean it will simply fade away in that particular instant. And what did I make up fam?? You're literally telling me that marvel only having main white characters is pure coincidence??? It was quite literally aimed at a white audience until Stan and jack said "f*** the insecure white people who would for some reason turn away a comic simply because there's people with a different skin colour in it". TO say that the issue is completely resolved only shows ignorance in your part.

  2. #167
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    When they are climbing over capital walls in 2021 and blaming a system they created for their own erasure while still pretending not to see what's in front of them. i can't get too excited about losing some representation to people who have been asking for any crumbs for years with people not doing the right thing. If you think all else is equal on the situation you don't really have anything else to respond to me about because now your falling into what you claim you don't like, hypothetical theories.
    I wasn't hypothesising...not really.

    I'm specifically referring to the moral dilemma of if it's wrong (to race-bend)...can it ever be right and acceptable to do so?
    Regardless...
    You've clearly answered the question and personal stance on the matter so...yes. Our (yours and mine) conversation is at an end.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  3. #168
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    The X-franchise has the most diverse cast in comics. No need to race-bend anyone when you have a plethora of amazing characters, colours and backgrounds to choose from.
    "Plethora of amazing charactera"
    Name me 5 black male leads in the x-verse that are still proped up in recent times

  4. #169
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Just because you regocnise anti-blackness in the comic-industry does not mean it will simply fade away in that particular instant. And what did I make up fam?? You're literally telling me that marvel only having main white characters is pure coincidence??? It was quite literally aimed at a white audience until Stan and jack said "f*** the insecure white people who would for some reason turn away a comic simply because there's people with a different skin colour in it". TO say that the issue is completely resolved only shows ignorance in your part.
    An artist only drawing white characters isn't anti-blackness. And yes, most comic book readers in the 50s and 60s were white boys because that's how USA was in the 50s and 60s.
    "Cable was right!"

  5. #170
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And my biggest gripe is the wall around the system that people act like they don't see. They say go create new characters because they know no one is going to do it and no one is going to do it because mostly everybody else in the room is white too. I find it hard to believe in 75 year history marvel could only find a handful of black writers and artists. And why are they always put on the same already black franchises if we trying to diversify. They really need to stop trying to catch people in that catch 22 everybody sees.
    Exactly. the fact that then people literal dismiss something quite visible becomes frustrating.

  6. #171
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    "Plethora of amazing charactera"
    Name me 5 black male leads in the x-verse that are still proped up in recent times
    If you want to see some characters propped up, there is no better way right now than to have the MCU use them.

  7. #172
    Mighty Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    "Plethora of amazing charactera"
    Name me 5 black male leads in the x-verse that are still proped up in recent times
    That will be the movies' job, to prop them up as you say, if they want to. They don't need to be big players in the comics, but the movies can turn them into ones.

  8. #173
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Exactly. the fact that then people literal dismiss something quite visible becomes frustrating.
    But isn't that what you are doing? Dismissing Jean's visible Whiteness?
    Just an example, reverse racism is still racism. Which is wrong...that's not debatable.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  9. #174
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    "Plethora of amazing charactera"
    Name me 5 black male leads in the x-verse that are still proped up in recent times
    Race bending white characters onscreen does the complete opposite of propping up black leads.

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If you want to see some characters propped up, there is no better way right now than to have the MCU use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    That will be the movies' job, to prop them up as you say, if they want to. They don't need to be big players in the comics, but the movies can turn them into ones.
    Ditto. The X-franchise does have alot of great minority characters and its the books fault for not doing more with them. Using them in the MCU will definitely increase their profile and push them to more people than the comics (which is a media thats on the decline) ever can
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-21-2021 at 12:00 PM.

  10. #175
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But isn't that what you are doing? Dismissing Jean's visible Whiteness?
    Just an example, reverse racism is still racism. Which is wrong...that's not debatable.
    They're just gonna say 'reverse racism isn't a thing', man.
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #176
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    An artist only drawing white characters isn't anti-blackness. And yes, most comic book readers in the 50s and 60s were white boys because that's how USA was in the 50s and 60s.
    >Artists purposefully is against drawing black characters
    >"iTs nOT aNtI BLacK"
    Truly a genius of your ahead of your time

    IF THE COMICS THEMSELVES WERE AIMED AT WHITE BOYS THEN OFC YOUR AUDIENCE IS GOING TO BE WHITE BOYS.

    Yes how the USA was in the 50's and 60's... anti-black. rampant white supremacy.

  12. #177
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But isn't that what you are doing? Dismissing Jean's visible Whiteness?
    Just an example, reverse racism is still racism. Which is wrong...that's not debatable.
    Yikes what?????????? I'm legit baffed at this throwing of words you don't actually understand...
    You're literally saying "well she's white... and i can see her... so that must be what visibility means"
    visibility is not a term applied to white people because white people have never been completely ignored and pushed aside in media, they've always been the majority.

    Omds I keep reading this comment and everytime I think of calling you an idiot... But let's not do that. How is me saying that jean's whiteness has literally never been part of her character "reverse racism"?? even though this doesnt even exist...

  13. #178
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wasn't hypothesising...not really.

    I'm specifically referring to the moral dilemma of if it's wrong (to race-bend)...can it ever be right and acceptable to do so?
    Regardless...
    You've clearly answered the question and personal stance on the matter so...yes. Our (yours and mine) conversation is at an end.
    Pretty much. I just don't think you can racebend a fictional character. When it is a non fiction character it's wrong. It just so happens that based on society i am on the side of this argument where it would be a bigger deal if they race bend fictional black characters after ignoring fictional black characters and racebending actual historical figures for decades. You on the other hand tried to equate a real life moral dilemma of oppressing actual people with the changing of fictional characters paint job. I was hoping you were hypothesizing i guess.

    Like how can you racebend an idea. LMAO
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-21-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  14. #179
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They're just gonna say 'reverse racism isn't a thing', man.
    ??yh... Because it isnt. There's racism. Racism againsnt white people might exist, but in this world, its quite unlikely, most of it is minor prejudice. like "white people can't jump". It literally affects white people in no way.

  15. #180
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    And on THAT note...I'm out of this.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •