Extraordinary Member

Default Shonen Jump 2010s Gauntlet Match

This will be a WWE Gauntlet Match. The first two enter, the winner faces the next in line, and so on.

The order of entry will be determined by when their respective series debuted.

1. Koro-Sensei
    2. Osamu Mikumo
    3. Hinomaru Ushio
    4. Izuku Midoriya
    5. Asta
    6. Tanjiro Kamado
    7. Boruto Uzumaki
    8. Yuji Itadori
    9. Denji
    10. Andy

This match will be run twice: Once normally, and once with equalized speed
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 01-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I will note, I have not read whatever Osamu Mikumo is from (World Trigger?) and I assume "Denki" is meant to be Denji from Chainsaw Man.

Well, without speed equalised, Koro-sensei blitzes everyone else into the ground.

He'll have issue with Andy because he's all but impossible to meaningfully put down without severe gimmicks and Denji can cut someone else up to regenerate but no one can touch him in terms of speed.

So... Koro-sensei defeats everyone but Andy who eventually outlasts him.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-22-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I will note, I have not read whatever Osamu Mikumo is from (World Trigger?) and I assume "Denki" is meant to the be Denji from Chainsaw Man.

Well, without speed equalised, Koro-sensei blitzes everyone else into the ground.

He'll have issue with Andy because he's all but impossible to meaningfully put down without severe gimmicks and Denji can cut someone else up to regenerate but no one can touch him in terms of speed.

So... Koro-sensei defeats everyone but Andy who eventually outlasts him.
    both of your assumptions are correct.

How do you think the Speed equalized round goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    both of your assumptions are correct.

How do you think the Speed equalized round goes?
    Umm... Deku and Asta are a ton more effective and dangerous as are Denji and Andy but to a lesser extent.

No one can really put Andy down except possibly Denji if he eats him because that would erase Andy from the universe retroactively.

Asta's swords might negate his regeneration but... being a negator isn't magic.

Yeah, I'd still back Andy simply because his comedically overpowered immortality is too much to overcome and I think his stats are higher than Denji's to the point where eating him isn't really on the table.

Are Sukuna or Victor in play, btw? That could change stuff.

Ushio vaguely wonders why he's here before being obliterated.

Extraordinary Member

Umm... Deku and Asta are a ton more effective and dangerous as are Denji and Andy but to a lesser extent.

No one can really put Andy down except possibly Denji if he eats him because that would erase Andy from the universe retroactively.

Asta's swords might negate his regeneration but... being a negator isn't magic.

Yeah, I'd still back Andy simply because his comedically overpowered immortality is too much to overcome and I think his stats are higher than Denji's to the point where eating him isn't really on the table.

Are Sukuna or Victor in play, btw? That could change stuff.

Ushio vaguely wonders why he's here before being obliterated.
    Sukuna and Victor are in play.

Could anyone put Andy down long enough for a ten count?

Sukuna and Victor are in play.

Could anyone put Andy down long enough for a ten count?
    Oh. Well, in which case Sukuna kills everyone pretty much instantly, Victor and him them throw down and I honestly don't know how that goes.

Victor is harder to keep down and, technically, operates at a higher scale if the most recent chapters are anything to go by. But Sukuna has better offensive gimmicks.

I figure Sukuna does have a limit to his cursed energy so eventually Victor will outlast him but that match could take decades.

Extraordinary Member

Come to think of it, Boruto would logically also get Momoshiki given his situation. Though I'm not sure if he'd be able to pull momo out before Sukuna can come out

Come to think of it, Boruto would logically also get Momoshiki given his situation. Though I'm not sure if he'd be able to pull momo out before Sukuna can come out
    Also Monoshiki can't really do much against omnidirectional continuous slicing attacks against everything living thing for like a mile radius beyond die.

Extraordinary Member

Also Monoshiki can't really do much against omnidirectional continuous slicing attacks against everything living thing for like a mile radius beyond die.
    Are those slashes energy attacks, or at least chakra/ki/curse energy/etc.? One of Momoshiki's main things is that he can absorb chakra attacks, so that might work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Are those slashes energy attacks, or at least chakra/ki/curse energy/etc.? One of Momoshiki's main things is that he can absorb chakra attacks, so that might work here.
    1) No real evidence that chakra and cursed energy are contiguous enough that Momoshiki could absorb them. One is essentially chi, the other is weaponised negative emotion.

2) Momoshiki can only absorb chakra through his hands and these attacks would be coming from all sides so he's getting cut to pieces even if he can absorb them.

Also a note, Sukuna's domain expansion range is actual 200 metres not a mile, I misremembered that.

Extraordinary Member

1) No real evidence that chakra and cursed energy are contiguous enough that Momoshiki could absorb them. One is essentially chi, the other is weaponised negative emotion.

2) Momoshiki can only absorb chakra through his hands and these attacks would be coming from all sides so he's getting cut to pieces even if he can absorb them.

Also a note, Sukuna's domain expansion range is actual 200 metres not a mile, I misremembered that.
    Ok, just wanted to check off that possibility.

Currently watching the JJK anime and will catch up with the manga once the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok, just wanted to check off that possibility.

Currently watching the JJK anime and will catch up with the manga once the season is over.
    Oh, apologies for talking about spoilers openly then. :/

Extraordinary Member

Theoretically he could tank them, though I dunno if Momo!Boruto has regular Momoshiki's durability.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, apologies for talking about spoilers openly then. :/
    That's fine.

It!s a thread discussing current characters. I know what I'm risking by being here. I mentioned mainly to clarify that I don't know the particulars of the characters that well yet.

And so far we've only talked abilities rather than story spoilers. So it's all good.

Oh man, no Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Jiren, or Whis? Man, so unfair. [/sarcasm]