Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Giantman vs the Hulk (MCU)

Who wins a fight in London?

What gientman?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What gientman?
    As in Scott Lang, but not when he’s shrunk.

Assume late Endgame power levels I guess.

If we take the presentation that Cull is supposed to be Hulk level seriously then Scott CAN kill Hulk in 1 good hit or in a small number of bad hits.

It's a weird fight. I think Hulk can pull a "Surtur" and leap up to the dudes head faster then he can react and do some damage. If he plays it safe and avoids the follow up, he can probably beat Scott down eventually.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Current mcu hulk is professor hulk so I wold say GM wins.

Current mcu hulk is professor hulk so I wold say GM wins.
    Is there anything canonically in MCU that says Prof Hulk is explicitly weaker than “Sun’s gettin’ real low” savage Hulk, or have we just extrapolated that from comics and that he doesn’t have as many high-end feats?

I know feats are everything, but if there’s nothing that says he’s weaker (like actually failing to do something that Mean-Green-and-Dumb-as-a-Spleen could do) wouldn’t he just keep old Hulk’s feats?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Would tend to agree, Beadle. He should at least have 'base-level' Hulk strength, even if we go with the idea that the angrier Hulk is the stronger he is (which...I don't really think is shown in the movies, correct me if I'm wrong?). And as an example of that, immediately on transforming, Hulk punches out the space-whale.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Exactly.

And to be clear, I’m not saying that means Hulk wins (because by Endgame, Giant Scott’s feats were getting pretty up there) or that he loses. I’m just saying I don’t think he loses BECAUSE it’s Prof Hulk. I think that’s a red herring. Or a green herring I guess. Green pilchard? Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Exactly.

And to be clear, I’m not saying that means Hulk wins (because by Endgame, Giant Scott’s feats were getting pretty up there) or that he loses. I’m just saying I don’t think he loses BECAUSE it’s Prof Hulk. I think that’s a red herring. Or a green herring I guess. Green pilchard? Whatever.
    ...I get your point. I think.

^_^

Yeah, I'm not sure who wins. Giant Man tends to be kind of slow, but clearly dishes out a lot of impact. If Hulk can get up to his head and start hammering away, and not get grabbed and...well, have Giant Man do to him what he did to Loki and Thor ('Puny Hulk'), I think he has a chance of taking it. If Giant Man gets his hands on Hulk, there's a problem. So... ??
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Hang on, this isn't the arena. Not an open area. I would say, myself, that fighting in a city actually benefits Hulk - he's not as constricted and enjoys greater mobility by doing his 'building jumping' stuff. ESPECIALLY with him being smart, and able to use the buildings as an advantage to both mobility and breaking line of sight.

Edging toward Hulk in this case. Not an easy win, but barring someone coming in with a better argument, I'm favoring the green guy.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is there anything canonically in MCU that says Prof Hulk is explicitly weaker than “Sun’s gettin’ real low” savage Hulk, or have we just extrapolated that from comics and that he doesn’t have as many high-end feats?

I know feats are everything, but if there’s nothing that says he’s weaker (like actually failing to do something that Mean-Green-and-Dumb-as-a-Spleen could do) wouldn’t he just keep old Hulk’s feats?
    I personally don't spot him regular hulk feats for the same reason we don't spot apex predator cheetah the feats of normal cheetah for all intents and perpos it is a new transformation of the hulk on top of him being smaller then normal hulk but that's just my opinion intill we see more of him thers really no way to tell for sure.
    Last edited by choptop; 01-21-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Is Giant Man allowed to use his shrinking tech on himself or Hulk? I'm not seeing any version of Bruce being able to SMASH out of the Quantum Zone without gear.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I personally don't spot him regular hulk feats for the same reason we don't spot apex predator cheetah the feats of normal cheetah for all intents and perpos it is a new transformation of the hulk on top of him being smaller then normal hulk but that's just my opinion intill we see more of him thers really no way to tell for sure.
    Cheetah was explicitly a different form though - she no longer had her original powerset, having wished it away, and having wished for a different one. Her wish was "I don't wanna be like anyone anymore (undoing her first wish), I wanna be number one. An apex predator." That's literally her quote, she expressly wished away what she had before (wishied to be like Diana) and asked for something different.

Hulk wasn't in a different form. He was still Hulk. He explicitly stated that he had "all the brains, all the brawn" when he was talking about his situation. I would like to see him fail at a strength thing that he would have succeeded at before, rather then just, I dunno, guessing?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Cheetah was explicitly a different form though - she no longer had her original powerset, having wished it away, and having wished for a different one. Her wish was "I don't wanna be like anyone anymore (undoing her first wish), I wanna be number one. An apex predator." That's literally her quote, she expressly wished away what she had before (wishied to be like Diana) and asked for something different.

Hulk wasn't in a different form. He was still Hulk. He explicitly stated that he had "all the brains, all the brawn" when he was talking about his situation. I would like to see him fail at a strength thing that he would have succeeded at before, rather then just, I dunno, guessing?
    Thing is he is smaller then before he is a different color green maybe you are right but like fat Thor he didn't seem to be as powerful as before ist hulks whole power putting on musl mass right? O well it's just my opinion I'm fine with whatever power level cbr wants to put him at.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thing is he is smaller then before he is a different color green maybe you are right but like fat Thor he didn't seem to be as powerful as before ist hulks whole power putting on musl mass right? O well it's just my opinion I'm fine with whatever power level cbr wants to put him at.
    I hear you, and I don't know for sure. Ruffalo is still under contract for some more movies so I imagine we'll find out.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan