Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hah, Namor is such a dick and so right.

No wonder he and Emma had a thing.

Astonishing Member

the art of this book is wonderful but it felt short

Spectacular Member

Wasn't my favorite issue. The fact that Namor was able to resolve the issue so easily makes me wonder why X-Force was even tasked to eliminate the tumor in the beginning. A simple call to Namor and the whole problem could have been resolved.

In fact the tumor and how it interacted with the world felt like the Krakoan equivalent of a symbiote. Sort of felt it should have just tied it to the Black is King storyline and been been a way that Krakoa defended itself from the Krull invasion.

Also how is Quentin alive. I thought that resurrection required proof of death. He was captured and killed away from Krakoa. Without his body, which is with the Xeno, as proof of death his resurrection should never have been attempted. I actually thought I might have missed an issue upon my initial read. hopefully they will explain this in the next issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Wasn't my favorite issue. The fact that Namor was able to resolve the issue so easily makes me wonder why X-Force was even tasked to eliminate the tumor in the beginning. A simple call to Namor and the whole problem could have been resolved.

In fact the tumor and how it interacted with the world felt like the Krakoan equivalent of a symbiote. Sort of felt it should have just tied it to the Black is King storyline and been been a way that Krakoa defended itself from the Krull invasion.

Also how is Quentin alive. I thought that resurrection required proof of death. He was captured and killed away from Krakoa. Without his body, which is with the Xeno, as proof of death his resurrection should never have been attempted. I actually thought I might have missed an issue upon my initial read. hopefully they will explain this in the next issue.
    I don't think Namor was shown solving anything, he just kicked them out

Spectacular Member

I really enjoyed this issued. Loving Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I have to say, and it may be because of other life events, but I'm starting to get no real enjoyment out of any of the books. Like, it's not bad or anything, but I'm just realizing I get absolutely no thrill at all. That really hit home after this issue for some reason. It just doesn't matter. I've been reading X-books for over 30 years and this is the first time I've felt this apathetic, like I'm just reading out of a sense of duty.

But yeah, it was a decent issue. It just isn't jiving with me anymore. But all the books feel that way at the moment, Hellions is the only one that seems to leave any real impression.
    I feel you. For me, it's definitely the weight of real life for me. I have a hard time enjoying certain things. Like I'm still entertained by light comedic stuff that I've always watched. But I'm pretty numb to a lot of things. And I'm findind it hard to motivate to watch movies or a TV series that covers difficult subjects.

I've been spending so much of my time following current events. I know I should take a break or look away, but I feel like it's so important right now to pay attention. I'm also trying to make sure my parents are healthy and safe. So then when it comes to comics, I'm just like meh now.

So with this issue being kind of inconsequential, I just don't see ever having to read it again... and repeat reading and appreciating is what I love most about comics!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I don't think Namor was shown solving anything, he just kicked them out
    Using his trident he electrocuted all the sea life that were attacking the team and after kicking them out it was he who went on to destroy the actual tumor that the team had been sent after.

Interesting point: Black Tom could not detect the presence of Moira’s No Place, which is also a kind of tumour somewhere in Krakoa. Could Xavier have removed a memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Interesting point: Black Tom could not detect the presence of Moira’s No Place, which is also a kind of tumour somewhere in Krakoa. Could Xavier have removed a memory?
    Thinking over the course of events, it feels kinda like Doug/Krakoa were a part of the picture before Black Tom would have been.

While anything could be the case, it does feel like Doug/Krakoa/Charles/Erik could have built a "Blind Spot..." into what Black Tom can detect for the No Place to exist in.

Astonishing Member

I'm likely far too late with realising it, but the No Place seems inspired by the No Rooms from Dune. Which were vaults protected from the visions of precogs via technological means. Essentialy allowing someone to form, discuss, fabricate or change plans without people who can see the past/future ever being able to see what they did inside leaving these crucial moments invisible.

In case of the No Place i guess they also put some psy-blockers, phase-shield and what not inside to make it undetactable. Except for seeing the windows under water, unless those aren't windows but monitors displaying the environment around it and it's just a rock or part of the island from the ouside.

I dropped in to say two things:

1) Cassara SLAYS.
    2) Forge calling Wolverine Short Stack (iirc?) just elevated Forge in my mind palace. <3

So, Wolverine wants to kill this underwater Leviathan creature... just because? I have not read this issue so I may be missing something, but that seems really messed up. I could understand if it was actively causing trouble and hurting or killing people, but to kill it simply out of some kind of trophy hunter/primal conquest instinct is just disturbing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    So, Wolverine wants to kill this underwater Leviathan creature... just because? I have not read this issue so I may be missing something, but that seems really messed up. I could understand if it was actively causing trouble and hurting or killing people, but to kill it simply out of some kind of trophy hunter/primal conquest instinct is just disturbing to me.
    We'll see where it goes but yes. lol
    But also: Wolverine is ....disturbing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    He had the instinct. He did not try to kill it. It's OK.

BANNED

The art was spectacular. The story not so much and Namor Ex Machina was kinda lame. "We're underwater, so bring in Namor!. Lazy.

The Leviathan seems to be another innocuous thing to throw in, to set up something in the future. I guess we'll get resolution on how the hell Quentin escaped from Mikhail next issue?

It's a 5/10. This book is so terribly average that it hurts.