Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We'll see where it goes but yes. lol
    But also: Wolverine is ....disturbing. lol
    True lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    He had the instinct. He did not try to kill it. It's OK.
    Well yeah, I got that. I also got the impression from the recap and other posts that he intends on trying to kill it in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Well yeah, I got that. I also got the impression from the recap and other posts that he intends on trying to kill it in the future though.
    Did Namor look like he was going to leave anything to mop up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We'll see where it goes but yes. lol
    But also: Wolverine is ....disturbing. lol
    He’s a hunter. A predator. Stryfe says as much about him in his Stryfe Files during X-Cutioner’s Song (loved those!). He says the same about Bishop, who at present is being criminally underused in the Dawn (now Reign) of X era.

But I found Logan’s monologue highly interesting and, yeah, maybe a little disturbing. But he knows what he is.

Incredible Member

A perfectly average issue. The only thing I really enjoyed was how Wolverine was sinking faster, which kinda seems logical for once.

Astonishing Member

So wait, Xavier and X-Factor know Kid Omega died, because they engaged his resurrection, but they don't know the circumstances,or at least aren't looking into it? I mean it could be off panel but I find this strange..Rasputin is cooking something nasty with Xeno and they seem clueless.Beast is totally inept.He seems more keen to reverse engineer weapons than protecting Krakoa, if beast knows and is playing a long game it wouldn't surprise me but anything less than is weird because Omega Red is a pawn against Dracula but there is no gameplan against Xeno ,yet they struck first.

I may be forgetting something, but I think they don't have many clues regarding Xeno, because they don't know who is the Peacock man and don't have much to do. We could assume they are investigating off panel until comes an arc about it. Sage should be doing that.

Quentin's situation might be explained in the next few issues. The solicitations for the next 3 issues have him in a prominent role.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    So, Wolverine wants to kill this underwater Leviathan creature... just because? I have not read this issue so I may be missing something, but that seems really messed up. I could understand if it was actively causing trouble and hurting or killing people, but to kill it simply out of some kind of trophy hunter/primal conquest instinct is just disturbing to me.
    The creature was with the other infected animals. Kind of like a rabid animal situation not a trophy hunting situation. I can understand your confusion based on my review of the data page entry though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The creature was with the other infected animals. Kind of like a rabid animal situation not a trophy hunting situation. I can understand your confusion based on my review of the data page entry though.
    Ah, yeah that makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Phoebe shows up to give Quentin a kiss and tell him not to die this time so he will remember the kiss, it was a sweet moment.
    Could have been, like, an ironic kiss of death sort of moment? 'Cause I don't recall if Phoebe is the specific cuckoo who had to burn out her telepathy and kill herself to quell Quentin's drug-and-telepathy-fueled 'Riot at Xaviers' or 'just one of the surviving sisters who felt her die in their mind but this seems super out of character...

Fantastic Member

On first read, I didn't really enjoy it because I kept thinking this has nothing to do with the 'mutant CIA' premise. I enjoyed it more when I thought of it more as a generic super-hero fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I have to say, and it may be because of other life events, but I'm starting to get no real enjoyment out of any of the books. Like, it's not bad or anything, but I'm just realizing I get absolutely no thrill at all. That really hit home after this issue for some reason. It just doesn't matter. I've been reading X-books for over 30 years and this is the first time I've felt this apathetic, like I'm just reading out of a sense of duty.

But yeah, it was a decent issue. It just isn't jiving with me anymore. But all the books feel that way at the moment, Hellions is the only one that seems to leave any real impression.
    I feel exactly the same... even down to Hellions being the only book that I seem to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    On first read, I didn't really enjoy it because I kept thinking this has nothing to do with the 'mutant CIA' premise. I enjoyed it more when I thought of it more as a generic super-hero fight.
    The "mutant CIA" angle definitely turned out to be a big red herring, as there's pretty much no spycraft or black ops going on. Charitably, they're the mutant Keystone Cops.

This may not be a CIA plotline, but I think it has a lot of potential. Krakoa is an enourmes living being with big powers. He being able to create some cancerous bits with big potential to be fatal is very interesting. It is like, the mutants may be in paradise, but they can't forget the nature of this paradise and must be always looking for something rotten under the surface. And it gives them the oportunity to use it as weapons. I don't trust Beast with it, because he could use that against innocents, but it could be cool if some science mutants could use it against the evil machines.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    As a whole this book isn't my cup of tea, but I do really appreciate the smaller character moments. Forge is just having a great time, and his slightly bro-y attitude is a welcome addition. That bit with the flame thrower was hilarious to me. He should be in the cast full-time. Same with Dr Reyes (who looks incredible drawn by Cassara). Someone need to stand up to Beast whom he actually respects as an intellectual peer.
    If there's a future issue of Wolverine where he goes all Ahab for a bit, I'd be down with that.
    I do wish the team had recruited Loa or Lifeguard or some other mutant with underwater capabilities, but I know X-force's work is technically classified.
    yeah...I think X-Force lost it "covert and classified" card after Krakoa's second or third invasion or maybe the Russian mutant inquisition

Spectacular Member

as someone already said, this feels like one of the more messy X-men teams we have currently going that don't really feel like they mesh well in chemistry as well as intended role, only beaten by Excalibur's lineup. Wolverine, Beast, Sage and Domino id say fit in the role the book is advertised to serve, Quentin initially felt like he fit with being the guy who can get the info they need in but he then ends up being quite flashy and also dies a lot, Jean played her role well for what Quentin ought to be but as we already saw her nature conflicts with it so she's not part of it now, Colossus is advertised but hardly feels like a member while Tom's role is more of someone to defend then go out like the others. remember also that this team is supposed to be like their only official team and is even given more authority than the others like being able to instruct the 5 in the resurrection but they feel sloppy and don't look all that impressive/strong.