Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: April X-Books

Incredible Member

No Hellions, X-Men, or X-Factor.
    X-Factor just had a two month break in Oct/Nov. Looks like that "pencils down" stretch during the early stages of the pandemic really hit the X books. Kind of surprised, I would have thought that one be the one portion of the line they would have pushed forward with.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Where is Children of The Atom?

Is that a dead Snark?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Marauders, New Mutants, Excalibur, SWORD all look and read very interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to April.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who's girl fighting along Omega and Wolverine?
    The french vampire hunter than he met in the first issue.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    No Hellions, X-Men, or X-Factor.
    X-Factor just had a two month break in Oct/Nov. Looks like that "pencils down" stretch during the early stages of the pandemic really hit the X books. Kind of surprised, I would have thought that one be the one portion of the line they would have pushed forward with.
    As far as I know these are not the full solicitations, are any of those explicitly said to be getting a skip month?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Where is Children of The Atom?
    #2 is coming out in April, any solicited books had been pushed back. Who knows if it gets pushed back anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Damn all of that looks intriguing except WOLVERINE
    I actually think that one looks like the most exciting one. Lol. Definitely the best cover IMO.

May be premature hope, but does this mean Callisto has been upgraded from reoccurring to the official lineup of Marauders? Possibly taking over Storm’s spot? I hope so as last issue was a great showing for her and I want to see more.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BREAKOUT! A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!

release date 4/7/21

Children Of The Pouch, more like!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

BREAKOUT! A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!

release date 4/7/21
    I like it. It's like an X-Men version of Champions.

Astonishing Member

release date 4/7/21
    The only way I see this book working for me is if it's revealed at the end of the issue these are Krakoa's first attempts at making Chimeras. I'll give this one arc to see if I can get behind it but I'm really not expecting much. Ya never know though.

X-Men Main Title -Skip Month

CABLE #10

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)

THE CHILD OF SUMMER!

As Cable and company draw closer to the secret of the missing child, a reckoning draws ever closer.
    Great looking cover but... damn. This story about the missing children is still going on in April!? Hopefully the reveal this last issue about who is behind it goes someplace. As others have said, I think Duggan may have been building towards this all the way back to his Uncanny Avengers run.

And I’ll just add that “a reckoning draws ever closer” sure sounds to me like that poster who claimed that OG Cable was returning and this book ending with issue #12 might have been onto something... just saying. Fingers crossed! Bring back my silver-haired grizzled badass Cable, Duggan! You know you want to! You wrote him so well in your UA run. Best Cable in a long, long time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who's girl fighting along Omega and Wolverine?
    Probably the vampire hunter waifu from the #1
    "Cable was right!"

This honestly doesn't look that interesting to me except -- Sword, which I wasn't planning to follow, "pure Giallo" - misspelling of Selene's last name Gallio? I could be tempted to pick this up if that's the case. She is my favorite X-villain.