Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: April X-Books

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This honestly doesn't look that interesting to me except -- Sword, which I wasn't planning to follow, "pure Giallo" - misspelling of Selene's last name Gallio? I could be tempted to pick this up if that's the case. She is my favorite X-villain.

Giallo means "Yellow" in italian and is the name of a style of literature focused on murder misteries.. Is a play of words on the tone of the story and Cortez department colour.

Also, Scot Eaton is drawing that issue of Wolverine and I really liked his work on Wolverine Origins, despite not thinking much of that series. His Logan is bulky and stout, like he should be. Really enjoyed when he killed Omega Red in that series...

http://super-dupertoybox.blogspot.co...-hard-way.html

Not sure how he came back actually. During Remender’s Uncanny X-Force someone created three versions of Omega Red from his remains. One of them looked like a skinnier Arkady actually and went by Omega Red (in addition to Omega Black and Omega ???). But not sure how the real deal ended up coming back. Anyone recall?

I hope this thing of skipping some books every month is not because the X-line has many titles and they are doing this to make the line smaller. Because if that's the case, I'd prefer fewer books.

Cable's cover looks like the kind of cover for a last issue. I hope it is the case and we have OG Cable back. I'm tired of this twink.

Very excited for all the rest, quite honest. I'm very happy with the X-franchise and almost everything looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Also, Scot Eaton is drawing that issue of Wolverine and I really liked his work on Wolverine Origins, despite not thinking much of that series. His Logan is bulky and stout, like he should be. Really enjoyed when he killed Omega Red in that series...

http://super-dupertoybox.blogspot.co...-hard-way.html

Not sure how he came back actually. During Remender’s Uncanny X-Force someone created three versions of Omega Red from his remains. One of them looked like a skinnier Arkady actually and went by Omega Red (in addition to Omega Black and Omega ???). But not sure how the real deal ended up coming back. Anyone recall?

He was brought back to life in X-men Gold 9-10, by Guggeinheim. I don't remember what happened, just that it was a very horrible arc. The title was very bad and this was one of the worst stories for me, so don't lose your time reading it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Cable's cover looks like the kind of cover for a last issue. I hope it is the case and we have OG Cable back. I'm tired of this twink.

Very excited for all the rest, quite honest. I'm very happy with the X-franchise and almost everything looks cool.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

He was brought back to life in X-men Gold 9-10, by Guggeinheim. I don't remember what happened, just that it was a very horrible arc. The title was very bad and this was one of the worst stories for me, so don't lose your time reading it lol.
    Thanks. Now I remember. Greatly appreciate the reminder.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Disappointed that X-Factor is taking more time off. I understood why during XOS but this is kinda frustrating.

Hopefully Jean steps back into the spotlight (even if briefly) in X-Force.

Hoping she steps into the spotlight in the new X-men book after Hellfire Gala. I’m guessing launching sometime this summer, perhaps coinciding with other changes... hmmm... like someone else major returning perhaps? Could be awesome.

I can already see the 90s tastic Brett Booth cover in my head. Ha.

Looks like just S.W.⨂.R.D. and X-Men Legends for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

Mutantkind has built a new Eden...but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts... Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only Nightcrawler can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he—and the curious crew he assembles (including fan-favorites Dr. Nemesis, Pixie, and Blink)—can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. This is the WAY OF X.
    Wait is this a new ongoing or one shot or mini?!?!?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

No Hellions?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    No Hellions?
    Or X-factor and xmen... covid slowing down releases again

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I believe it was mentioned somewhere (AiPT?) that there are missing months to re-align the stories, concurrently.
    I would say it was XoS that threw things off, as ongoing plot threads had to be stopped and rescheduled in order for the books to tell a cohesive event-story. Not covid-19.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    May be premature hope, but does this mean Callisto has been upgraded from reoccurring to the official lineup of Marauders? Possibly taking over Storm’s spot? I hope so as last issue was a great showing for her and I want to see more.
    At this point, I think Callisto has had more development in the book than either Iceman or Pyro, so they may as well make her a main cast member. I've enjoyed her presence in the book, so I'm glad to see more of her. And maybe Bishop will get to do something? Maybe?

Way of X looks promising. I love the idea of seeing Nightcrawler take a more prominent role in an X-Book. I think this is and overdue boost.

Everything else looks solid. Feels like things are going to be just settled enough for the next big event, whatever that might be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I loved Vita's Marauders XoS issue and her recent New Mutants so I'm actually going to give CoTA a looksee.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This honestly doesn't look that interesting to me except -- Sword, which I wasn't planning to follow, "pure Giallo" - misspelling of Selene's last name Gallio? I could be tempted to pick this up if that's the case. She is my favorite X-villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Giallo means "Yellow" in italian and is the name of a style of literature focused on murder misteries.. Is a play of words on the tone of the story and Cortez department colour.
    This is correct. They are published by Mondadori... the cover is a clear homage: