Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91

Thread: April X-Books

  1. #46
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,971

    Default

    Missed opportunity of a Doctor Nemesis variant cover homage.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    With X-men missing.I think they should change that to Uncanny

  3. #48
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The only way I see this book working for me is if it's revealed at the end of the issue these are Krakoa's first attempts at making Chimeras. I'll give this one arc to see if I can get behind it but I'm really not expecting much. Ya never know though.
    Everything so far points towards this being a "what you see is what you get" deal which seems to be the writers going "How you do fellow kids? Look at these teen heros, they are just as trendy as you but cooler and mutants.".
    So this is might all just be to expand on the current trend of taking "elements of civilization", adding the word mutant to it and trying to make it seem like it's something revolutionary. In this case trying to pick up current youth culture trends or what the writers percieve as them. Rather than trying to set up elements for a major story in the core book.

    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    The strangest teens of all are on the case!
    That's quite a claim for characters who are just mutants who happen to have powers similar to those of allready established and well known older mutant characters, especialy in a world which also features all kinds of super natural teens of alien or mystic origins (or even mutants with alien or mystic half parentship. Hello Pixie!).
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-21-2021 at 12:26 PM.

  4. #49
    Hi, Sage. nandes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    We know which heroes they are inspired in, but I don't think we know what their powers are yet.

  5. #50
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    201

    Default

    i know with covid and other unforeseen circumsances some books have to be delayed and shifted around but is inexcusable that there is no x-men book shipping in april ...what does this accomplish besides losing sales and making us lcs unhappy makes no sense i can sure as hell sell a lot more copies of x-men than the garbage children of the atom book or the new way of x religiois nonsense with z list characters . And ive seen early numbers for children of the atom and they are not good and i dont expect way of x to be much better. HOX AND POx overperformed greatly and even the first 6 plus issues of the dawn of x-book exceeded all expectations as well and the trades on each continue to sell. But i think Mr white and company have to be put on notice the honeymoon period is over i know upper mgmt tinkered with the format but and this ive heard from several inside sources with the real numbers that X-of SWORDS sold well well below what they were expecting. Im a huge x-guy and i can even say all the books can defintly be better an for all the idiots that bitched about the double shipping when they first launched Us comic book retailers would much rather have the better books ie x-men maureders x-force and wolvie double ship each month or at least 16-18 issues a year than some of the lesser fringe x-books marvel is putting out and planning to put out, so when retailers bitched about too many x-books they didnt mean skipping the flagship book dammit

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's quite a claim for characters who are just mutants who happen to have powers similar to those of allready established and well known older mutant characters, especialy in a world which also features all kinds of super natural teens of alien or mystic origins (or even mutants with alien or mystic half parentship. Hello Pixie!).
    "The strangest teens of all" is what the original X-Men were referred to as in the 60s.
    Last edited by The Man With The Stick; 01-21-2021 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #52
    Incredible Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Rogue, Mystique and Marrow will be in Women of Marvel

    It's not an x-book, but it will feature three female mutants

  8. #53
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Great looking cover but... damn. This story about the missing children is still going on in April!? Hopefully the reveal this last issue about who is behind it goes someplace. As others have said, I think Duggan may have been building towards this all the way back to his Uncanny Avengers run.

    And I’ll just add that “a reckoning draws ever closer” sure sounds to me like that poster who claimed that OG Cable was returning and this book ending with issue #12 might have been onto something... just saying. Fingers crossed! Bring back my silver-haired grizzled badass Cable, Duggan! You know you want to! You wrote him so well in your UA run. Best Cable in a long, long time.
    What If... The relaunch it as team-up comic, between Cable and OG Cable?

  9. #54
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know with covid and other unforeseen circumsances some books have to be delayed and shifted around but is inexcusable that there is no x-men book shipping in april ...what does this accomplish besides losing sales and making us lcs unhappy makes no sense i can sure as hell sell a lot more copies of x-men than the garbage children of the atom book or the new way of x religiois nonsense with z list characters . And ive seen early numbers for children of the atom and they are not good and i dont expect way of x to be much better. HOX AND POx overperformed greatly and even the first 6 plus issues of the dawn of x-book exceeded all expectations as well and the trades on each continue to sell. But i think Mr white and company have to be put on notice the honeymoon period is over i know upper mgmt tinkered with the format but and this ive heard from several inside sources with the real numbers that X-of SWORDS sold well well below what they were expecting. Im a huge x-guy and i can even say all the books can defintly be better an for all the idiots that bitched about the double shipping when they first launched Us comic book retailers would much rather have the better books ie x-men maureders x-force and wolvie double ship each month or at least 16-18 issues a year than some of the lesser fringe x-books marvel is putting out and planning to put out, so when retailers bitched about too many x-books they didnt mean skipping the flagship book dammit
    Inhale...a slow deep breath.
    Exhale...slowly and completely.
    Inhale....Exhale...
    There you go.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  10. #55
    Incredible Member Captain Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This is correct. They are published by Mondadori... the cover is a clear homage:

    Thank you both! Well at least that saves me picking up the book!

  11. #56
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    "The strangest teens of all" is what the original X-Men were referred as in the 60s.
    Oh how uninformed of me. Just a reference flying over my head. Thanks for correcting. Still a bold statement to make, but fitting to them trying to hype that book up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue, Mystique and Marrow will be in Women of Marvel

    It's not an x-book, but it will feature three female mutants
    Marrow? That's unexpected.

    I mean i like her (even though she is 20 years behind in terms of good character development and a proper redemption), but she seems to be only valued as c-list "bottom of the barrel" choice by most writers and while she is relatively well know despite said status, (even outside the comic fandom thanks in large part to her appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 i assume), she doesn't seem to have too many fans.

    Also it's somewhat questionable given her crimes, which she never had to face any true judgement for (at least at hands of heros) or displayed enough "magnificent" villain qualities (ala Mystique) that the whole subject could be disregarded.

    So unless that awareness for the character really does give her enough value to be worth putting into that title, it makes her inclusion in such a book odd. Or because she is an a-typical powered and looking female character.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-21-2021 at 02:16 PM.

  12. #57
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue, Mystique and Marrow will be in Women of Marvel

    It's not an x-book, but it will feature three female mutants
    Marrow vs. Feral according to the writer on Twitter. With no Hellions, this might be the only book I'm really interested in for April.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Marrow vs. Feral according to the writer on Twitter. With no Hellions, this might be the only book I'm really interested in for April.
    Not to disregard Feral but is that even a fair fight? In theory Marrow has much more combat experience (spend her entire youth fighting vicious other mutants), is physicaly equal if not stronger than Feral and has a much stronger set of powers.
    Just compare how the two performed in their respective X-force runs.

    Though thematically it's interesting. Given that both were Morlocks and Marrow as kid liked Thornn, but would likely have feared Feral.

  14. #59
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    What If... The relaunch it as team-up comic, between Cable and OG Cable?
    Weird concept, but I'd take that in a heartbeat. Just want me other favorite character back. This kid ain't him... I mean, he is. But he's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not to disregard Feral but is that even a fair fight? In theory Marrow has much more combat experience (spend her entire youth fighting vicious other mutants), is physicaly equal if not stronger than Feral and has a much stronger set of powers.

    Just compare how the two performed in their respective X-force runs.

    Though thematically it's interesting. Given that both were Morlocks and Marrow as kid liked Thornn, but would likely have feared Feral.
    Yeah, if you read Spurrier's X-Force then... well... pray for Feral.

  15. #60
    Mighty Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I loved Vita's Marauders XoS issue and her recent New Mutants so I'm actually going to give CoTA a looksee.
    Vita's non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •