Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: April X-Books

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Inhale...a slow deep breath.
    Exhale...slowly and completely.
    Inhale....Exhale...
    There you go.
    Reading stuff without punctuation reminds me of the time the surgeon left an adrenaline strip inside my head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nyssane View Post
    marrow vs. Feral according to the writer on twitter. With no hellions, this might be the only book i'm really interested in for april.
    what??????????!!!!!!!!????????

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue, Mystique and Marrow will be in Women of Marvel

It's not an x-book, but it will feature three female mutants
    I wish they would put the actual characters who are going to be in the book instead of putting the ones I want to read on the cover only for them not to be included.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Reading the april solicitations on the Women of Marvel book, i notice the writer (and likely artist) for the Marrow story is Sophie Campbell. Which makes the choice of character less weird, since if i remember right Campbell wanted to write her for quite a while.

Also given it's written by an experienced indi-comic writer, with several books under the belt, might bode well for the quality of the story.

But now i wonder if it will entirely be out of continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    what??????????!!!!!!!!????????
    Yeah quite a suprise. Seeing how Marrow is the one name dropped, i guess she has the better chances in that duel, but the writer seems to like Feral too, so it might be presented as an even fight.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-21-2021 at 04:36 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

BREAKOUT! A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!

release date 4/7/21
    Awesome, man I have been waiting for this for so long.

I don't know why they kept delaying it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Awesome, man I have been waiting for this for so long.

I don't know why they kept delaying it.
    Same. Idk when my disdain for this book turned into excitement but I’m ready to see what Vita has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Weird concept, but I'd take that in a heartbeat. Just want me other favorite character back. This kid ain't him... I mean, he is. But he's not.

Yeah, if you read Spurrier's X-Force then... well... pray for Feral.
    I like Kid Cable, but as a Cyclops fan who suffered Tyke, I know hou you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That Bishop look is so cool, It is shame he never does anything.
    Exactly, it's laughable at this point. Now that they have switched out Storm, I get the feeling this book is for the triumvirate of Callisto, Kitty and Emma. The bait and switch of Duggan is lame at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I like Kid Cable, but as a Cyclops fan who suffered Tyke, I know hou you feel.
    Thanks. I appreciate when fans who have been through the same treatment of favorites can empathize. But he'll be back. The OG versions always return... eventually. I feel like 2021 is when it happens. Seems like they're building to it now.

Fantastic Member

Where is Children of The Atom?
    Comicspit had this:

https://comicspit.com/2021/01/21/mar...solicitations/

CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #2
    VITA AYALA (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A)
    Cover by R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HENDERSON –
    MAR200891
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    BREAKOUT!
    A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Order using MAR200890

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Everything so far points towards this being a "what you see is what you get" deal which seems to be the writers going "How you do fellow kids? Look at these teen heros, they are just as trendy as you but cooler and mutants.".
    So this is might all just be to expand on the current trend of taking "elements of civilization", adding the word mutant to it and trying to make it seem like it's something revolutionary. In this case trying to pick up current youth culture trends or what the writers percieve as them. Rather than trying to set up elements for a major story in the core book.

That's quite a claim for characters who are just mutants who happen to have powers similar to those of allready established and well known older mutant characters, especialy in a world which also features all kinds of super natural teens of alien or mystic origins (or even mutants with alien or mystic half parentship. Hello Pixie!).
    Until I get more information, it just reminds me too much of DC and an Bob Haney-esque silver age Teen Titans. That would be lame, so I hope my feeling is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Same. Idk when my disdain for this book turned into excitement but I’m ready to see what Vita has in store for us.
    I hear ya, yeah the concept is wonky AF but that is the nature of the X-Men.

I am willing to give any X-Men title a chance in the Hickman Era

I hear ya, yeah the concept is wonky AF but that is the nature of the X-Men.

I am willing to give any X-Men title a chance in the Hickman Era
    yeah i feel u i got every x book since house of x 1 and rite now i havent added this book on my pull list..

hopefully my comic guy lets me get the 1st issue for free lol

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    yeah i feel u i got every x book since house of x 1 and rite now i havent added this book on my pull list..

hopefully my comic guy lets me get the 1st issue for free lol
    That's a cool comic guy, never hurts to ask.

Can't wait for Way Of X; Spurrier is easily one of the best out there at the moment! After the trauma of his Constantine getting canceled prematurely, I hope Marvel have realistic expectations about sales for a new off-brand X-Book and give him a nice long leash. I was pleasantly surprised his X-Men Legacy was able to last 25 issues and hope the same for Way Of X.

Excited for all the X-Books still, although I could do without Dracula/Vampires in an X-Book ever again. Stay away from Jubilee!