Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1407
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    But the injures that Black Panther caused him shouldn't be a reason to lose his speed, just temporaly lose his ability to walk. In DC, Flash heals at superspeed too, which means Blur should have been able to walk again very quickly. That was no reason to lose his speed.
    It all depends if they healed correctly, though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It all depends if they healed correctly, though
    Even losing his ability to walk, both Blur and Flash wouldn't lose their superspeed. They would still able to do things at superspeed with their hands, like writing.

Mighty Member

But the injures that Black Panther caused him shouldn't be a reason to lose his speed, just temporaly lose his ability to walk. In DC, Flash heals at superspeed too, which means Blur should have been able to walk again very quickly. That was no reason to lose his speed.
    Blur still had his powers (he tried to wind tunnel Black Panther away with his arm) it just didn't work. Also seems like this Blur doesn't heal quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blur still had his powers (he tried to wind tunnel Black Panther away with his arm) it just didn't work. Also seems like this Blur doesn't heal quickly.
    I know, but when he was back in the real world an in custody, he didn't seem to have his powers anymore. I mean, even he was talking slowly.

Mighty Member

I know, but when he was back in the real world an in custody, he didn't seem to have his powers anymore. I mean, even he was talking slowly.
    oh based on the dialogue, it seems like he was depressed not that he lost his powers. he doesn't say he doesn't have powers, he says "i just don't really feel much like moving".

Astonishing Member

oh based on the dialogue, it seems like he was depressed not that he lost his powers. he doesn't say he doesn't have powers, he says "i just don't really feel much like moving".
    Good point. On the other hand, it seems Power Princess has been weakened enough to keep her under custody, which surprises me.

The shield is vibranium and we found out the reason captain America made Hyperion woozy back in the 2nd issue is because vibranium is effectively his kryptonite. So it was the combination of Wakanda being built on vibranium weakening him, the fight with Thor, then finally the shield to the face.
    Thanks Tracks. I forget so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The problem is that this Coulson takes his revenge on the entire world, never once focused on the people who hurt him.

Deadpool only appears in the tie ins, Cap remains frozen in ice and oh yeah, Coulson uses a variant of the same plot devise that made Cap evil in the first place.

It's hard to buy this as 'Coulson wanting revenge' when he doesn't hurt the people responsible, but absolutely devastates the world and the entire damn galaxy instead.

Also, don't wanna get too 'Vs thread', but I have a hard time seeing a cosmic cube being that damn powerful as to literally change everything. They're not new, yet Aaron never bothers to try to 'sell' his new plot devise.
    I’m not that fussed with Aaron not portraying Coulson wanting specific revenge on individuals just a general loathing of Avengers. I like how you picked up on Coulson using a cube here similarly as in Secret Empire, that turned Cap.

I’m okay with this cosmic cube being all-powerful as distinct from your general run of the mill cube though.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-24-2021 at 07:49 PM.

I believe the best word to describe this Squadron Supreme is "delusive", especially Nighthawk. He really thinks his team made the world safer than the Avengers ever could, when he's incapable of realizing they were just following orders from the Devil to remove any threats to his power, like I said in a previous post. And Hyperion really thought Peter Parker was his friend when he actually hated him because Aunt May died by his recklessness. I would have liked to see Peter storming on his face and face the truth, that he was nothing but a brute ox with no brain.

Coulson was really delusive too. He said the Avengers brought nothing but chaos ever since they emerged. Well, maybe he should check the history of his own world. The Civil Wars, Norman Osborn's Dark Reign, the King in Black... All those "chaotic events" that Coulson blames on the Avengers also happened in "Heroes Reborn". So how does that make the Squadron better than the Avengers when they couldn't stop those events from happening? There's something else about Coulson, if he's not trapped in Hell paying for his failure, how is it possible he will meet Fury during the events of "Infinity Destinies"?

So, the Squadron Supreme don't have fingertips or navels. And how is it possible they never notice this and found it suspictious?

Now let's see. Blur, Doctor Spectrum and Power Princess have been incarcerated. Spectrum is now a cry baby because his prism was broken, Blurr is so depressed he lost his speed, and Power Princess... Well, she doesn't seem to have been affected, but it appear she was weakened enough to keep her under custody. Hyperion seems to be depressed too, even although he never faced the truth about Peter Parker; but what will he do now? As for Nighthawk, it seems he's going to be a serious threat in the future. Will he try to restore the Heroes Reborn's world? He said it was a world that made sense, and I said "only if you are insane". He really has to be stopped, and it would be very appropiated if they lock him on Ravencroft's Assylum.
    Since when should Parker hate Hyperion? Early on Peter was in love with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Since when should Parker hate Hyperion? Early on Peter was in love with him.
    Haven't you read the issue? The solicitation was a mislead from the actual content in the comic. Because of Hyperion acted recklessly during a fight against a villain, he threw a publicity sign against the bad guy and missed. The sign then smashed part of a building and caused some people dying, including Peter's Aunt May. From then, Peter tried to show the world just how reckless and uncared Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme really were.

I thought this was a fun little side-story. CAn't say I liked the ending with Mephisto, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I thought this was a fun little side-story. CAn't say I liked the ending with Mephisto, though.
    This only proofs something worse than "Heroes Reborn" is comming, so be prepared.

By the way, the side story "Infinity Fury" of the current "Infinity Destinies" worries me. If Coulson is now trapped in Hell paying for his failure, how is it possible he will back in the real world in this story? Is Mephisto giving him a second chance? That's very unlike from the Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As far as I can tell, it’s about punishing AoS the same as they did Iron Fist and Inhumans
    Don't be silly. Marvel would never use the comics to take out grudges against characters due to what happened in movies or television.....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Haven't you read the issue? The solicitation was a mislead from the actual content in the comic. Because of Hyperion acted recklessly during a fight against a villain, he threw a publicity sign against the bad guy and missed. The sign then smashed part of a building and caused some people dying, including Peter's Aunt May. From then, Peter tried to show the world just how reckless and uncared Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme really were.
    A lot has been going on lately. I completely forgot any of that.

Astonishing Member

Unless they pulled their own version of the speed force ability where they siphon speed or cut it off. Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy doesn't it?