Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That makes her closer to Thundra and Big Barda physique-wise.
    Quite true. Although PP is quite a bit weaker than all of these females (going by the Handbook of only 20 tons)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

That makes her closer to Thundra and Big Barda physique-wise.
    I've always had a soft spot for what I call the baby giantesses, like Power Princess (6'8"), Hela (7'), Frenzy (6'11") She-Hulk (6'7"), Thundra (7'2"), Bouncing Betty (her exact height hasn't been published, but she looks taller than 6'8"), and a few others that I'm forgetting.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quite true. Although PP is quite a bit weaker than all of these females (going by the Handbook of only 20 tons)
    I think Power Princess' strength and power levels can vary, if the writer wants. Kind of like Hyperion. We've seen versions of Hype that were just below the "Class 100" field and others that had strength that put them in the elite, virtually unlimited strength range. Even Wonder Woman herself started out as far weaker than Superman. It's only recently that her strength levels were amped up to the point that she can hang with most Kryptonians. And it doesn't hurt that they made her the biological daughter of Zeus. If Marvel wants to put forth a consistent analog, Power Princess could get a boost as well.

But not really.

This wonderful woman, is not blessed by her gods/goddesses, does not have super-speed, super reflexes, indestructible uniform/body armor nor an invisible jet. I never saw this Princess deflect bullets with her bracelets.

Zarda is way taller than Diana (6'8" vs 6'0") and quite a bit heavier (282 pounds vs 160 for Diana).
    Design-wise Zarda looks exactly like Diana here.

Like, take a New 52 Diana and put her next to Zarda here, they would look identical.

I think that entry might be a bit out of date. Ever since the Gruenwald series, she has increasingly been shown to be much more formidable. I'd venture a guess that she might be in the 60-70 ton bracket. Maybe even higher. Hype was nce also listed at 75 ton, and has since been shown to be in the class 100 category.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (She really is just color-swap Wonder Woman).
    It doesn't help that Frank Cho draws them with a near identical face.

But not really.

This wonderful woman, is not blessed by her gods/goddesses, does not have super-speed, super reflexes, indestructible uniform/body armor nor an invisible jet. I never saw this Princess deflect bullets with her bracelets.

Zarda is way taller than Diana (6'8" vs 6'0") and quite a bit heavier (282 pounds vs 160 for Diana).
    Wow really?

Judging by the recent group shot though, it looks like they shrunk her... (unless the rest of them are really tall too.)

And I would hope she doesn't have all of those things, she should be still her own character regardless if she's based off of Wonder Woman.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    To be fair it's common among artists. Put B&W John Byrne She-Hulk and Wonder Woman faces next to each other and you'd say they're twins.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

To be fair it's common among artists. Put B&W John Byrne She-Hulk and Wonder Woman faces next to each other and you'd say they're twins.
    Yeah, I know some artists are more notorious with it than others. Frank Cho is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for what I call the baby giantesses, like Power Princess (6'8"), Hela (7'), Frenzy (6'11") She-Hulk (6'7"), Thundra (7'2"), Bouncing Betty (her exact height hasn't been published, but she looks taller than 6'8"), and a few others that I'm forgetting.
    Here are those forgotten ones:

Valkyrie 6'3, Magdelene 6'7, Amazon 7', She-Thing 6'0.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I think Power Princess' strength and power levels can vary, if the writer wants. Kind of like Hyperion. We've seen versions of Hype that were just below the "Class 100" field and others that had strength that put them in the elite, virtually unlimited strength range. Even Wonder Woman herself started out as far weaker than Superman. It's only recently that her strength levels were amped up to the point that she can hang with most Kryptonians. And it doesn't hurt that they made her the biological daughter of Zeus. If Marvel wants to put forth a consistent analog, Power Princess could get a boost as well.
    This is true. Valkyrie needs a major upgrade too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Design-wise Zarda looks exactly like Diana here.

Like, take a New 52 Diana and put her next to Zarda here, they would look identical.
    Oh, I "like totally" agree, lookwise, lol.

I was speaking of power-wise, PP is not a copy of WW.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I've always had a soft spot for what I call the baby giantesses
    I'm not sure if all those dames would appreciate you calling them that in front of them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It would have been funny if Frank Cho just recolored one of his pre-existing Diana drawings and got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think that entry might be a bit out of date. Ever since the Gruenwald series, she has increasingly been shown to be much more formidable. I'd venture a guess that she might be in the 60-70 ton bracket. Maybe even higher. Hype was nce also listed at 75 ton, and has since been shown to be in the class 100 category.

Peace
    I think they all need to be reviewed, especially many of the women who may be quite a bit higher today.

Valkyrie should be boosted up to 90 tons as the strongest Valkyrie and strongest woman of Asgard (not counting Hela).

With Hyperion (s), there are different versions of him/them. I believe even the last Handbook had them at different levels, like 70 tons, 90 tons, 100 tons and 100+ tons.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Wow really?

Judging by the recent group shot though, it looks like they shrunk her... (unless the rest of them are really tall too.)

And I would hope she doesn't have all of those things, she should be still her own character regardless if she's based off of Wonder Woman.
    I kid you not, lol.

Maybe for this story run, the height, weight and strength levels will be all new.