Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1407

I still consider Coulson more of a live-action character than a comic page one. Aside from two stories, I can't remember too many memorable 616 adventures, in his short comic tenure.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I still consider Coulson more of a live-action character than a comic page one. Aside from two stories, I can't remember too many memorable 616 adventures, in his short comic tenure.
    He is mostly a tv based character, but that doesn’t mean it it’s not suspiciously mean-spirited to turn him into a literal agent of Satan around the time the comics side started being bitter about the MCU

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    He means Mephisto rebuilt the universe making the Squadron members way more powerful than they used to be in the 616 universe. And he made it impossible for them to lose, it's probably a jab at the idea that in the DC universe Superman cannot lose because the universe itself wants him to win and finds ways to make it happen even when it should be impossible (that's how Doctor Manhattan explains it). This is basically saying that their characters operate on cheat mode, and that's what we are seeing here, only it's not the universe that wants them to win, it's Mephisto, aka the devil.
    Perhaps. But I doubt that Mephisto would ever devise a creation, either individually or collectively, that is more powerful than himself. Perhaps it isn't a case of the Squadron being more puissant, but the other characters, like Mephistophelean Galactus, that were created as weaker facsimiles of their 616 counterparts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd say Battle Scars was it. That was when they introduced Marcus who becomes Nick Fury Jr. Coulson was his army buddy "Cheese" which gave them an interesting dynamic I wouldn't mind exploring more.

But isn't most of Battle Scars "Cheese" history retconned by the SHIELD series with Coulson as main character? Or not? Somebody could explain if this is true?
    (By the way, Battle Scars was a very contrived way to introduce Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury into 616 Marvel. Most honest and simple way would had been made Ultimate Nick Fury travel to 616 Marvel and start living there. Marvel have no problem with that kind of situation.)
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But isn't most of Battle Scars "Cheese" history retconned by the SHIELD series with Coulson as main character? Or not? Somebody could explain if this is true?
    (By the way, Battle Scars was a very contrived way to introduce Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury into 616 Marvel. Most honest and simple way would had been made Ultimate Nick Fury travel to 616 Marvel and start living there. Marvel have no problem with that kind of situation.)
    Yeah, is odd consideringh they just did the very thing you said with Miles! (btw you forgot original sin to remove classic nick from table...but honestly eveyrone froget OS ever happened)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Yeah, is odd consideringh they just did the very thing you said with Miles!
    I was thinking of Spider-Gwen more like. But yes, Miles is also a good example.
    (btw you forgot original sin to remove classic nick from table...but honestly eveyrone froget OS ever happened)
    Every one wants to forget original sin, but at least that shows than OG Nick Fury was not strange to the cosmic side of Marvel.
    Well, the guy who wrote is not... oh, right. I remember now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

if this ends like a lot of these stories end, who will be the "survivor" character from this universe, that ends up causing problems later?
    I hope nothing does, it's not like anybody among the squadron's heroes is super-moral here.

Then again, I can see the writers deciding to save "Night Gwen" and put her in another city, and have her eventually wonder where Peter Parker is.. another "clone saga" part 7...

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He is mostly a tv based character, but that doesn’t mean it it’s not suspiciously mean-spirited to turn him into a literal agent of Satan around the time the comics side started being bitter about the MCU
    Comics aren't bitter about MCU, they just dont need to follow everything

Mighty Member

I have only read the first 2 issues and the Imperial Guard tie-in. I was really hoping that the polemics I noticed in issue 2 were Hyperion-specific. Based on this thread, I am thinking that I was hoping in vain.

I have to agree that Aaron is botching this. (Not familiar enough with him to know how surprised I should be by this.)

It's a shame Aaron didn't even acknowledge the previous Squad. I mean, I don't recall the Avengers questioning which of the multitude of versions this SSA is. Like Thor and Hyperion were friends pre-Secret War and Thor hasn't wondered what happened to him? But that one was not a redhead, so we know he has nothing to do with this current one.
    That Hyperion (first appearing in Hickman's run of Avengers") died in "Secret Empire", or one of the cross-overs. He was last seen being dragged away from a battle. (It was one of those, "if the writers want to use him again, he is only injured....but, he is dead otherwise" deals.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't know, I just thought the reveal made Coulson more appealing. I disagree about Ultimate Nick Fury. The son as a successor angle was a good pitch. The comics just botched it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if this ends like a lot of these stories end, who will be the "survivor" character from this universe, that ends up causing problems later? I hope nothing does, it's not like anybody among the squadron's heroes is super-moral here.

Then again, I can see the writers deciding to save "Night Gwen" and put her in another city, and have her eventually wonder where Peter Parker is.. another "clone saga" part 7...
    Good question. I obviously don't want any of this iteration of the SS to survive, but we all know that this bus is driven by Marvel fans, many of whom find value in nontraditional heroic archetypes.

I'm curious: Is there a character in this event that fans really like?

Astonishing Member

I need to mention something.

Bleeding Cool has revealed more spoilers from the incoming "Heroes Reborn" issues, and it seems the 5 main members of the Squadron are not the only characters from their "original world". I mean, the original Squadron Supreme came from a reality called "Earth-712", which was very close to DC universe. In the latest issues, we have seen other characters from this reality adapted into "Heroes Reborn"; like other Squadron's members like Skymax (Martian Manhunter), Tom Thumb (Atom), Blue Eagle (Hawkman).... And in the new revealed spoilers, we have Lonni Lattimer too, which is essentially Hyperion's Lois Lane.

We can assume they are all more lies created by Mephisto, but do you think we will see even more character from "Earth-712" in the remaining issues of "Heroes Reborn"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I need to mention something.

Bleeding Cool has revealed more spoilers from the incoming "Heroes Reborn" issues, and it seems the 5 main members of the Squadron are not the only characters from their "original world". I mean, the original Squadron Supreme came from a reality called "Earth-712", which was very close to DC universe. In the latest issues, we have seen other characters from this reality adapted into "Heroes Reborn"; like other Squadron's members like Skymax (Martian Manhunter), Tom Thumb (Atom), Blue Eagle (Hawkman).... And in the new revealed spoilers, we have Lonni Lattimer too, which is essentially Hyperion's Lois Lane.

We can assume they are all more lies created by Mephisto, but do you think we will see even more character from "Earth-712" in the remaining issues of "Heroes Reborn"?
    Late news man. Check page 65 of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't know, I just thought the reveal made Coulson more appealing. I disagree about Ultimate Nick Fury. The son as a successor angle was a good pitch. The comics just botched it.
    A matter of tastes, I suppose. I found the way they presented the character and how they make him "Nick Fury" far-fetched, even for comics. ANd how they made him a SHIELD agent is almost nepotist.