Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 428288899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1407

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Hopefully if he does, he can at least teach Hyperion what true heroism is especially given how Hyperion was willing to fight to preserve a false reality while Peter did the opposite in the face of a similar situation.
    We are talking about Mephisto dealings here. Peter has not the best record about that. At least, until Spencer publish his last issue, apparentely.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    We are talking about Mephisto dealings here. Peter has not the best record about that. At least, until Spencer publish his last issue, apparentely.
    Fair point, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Hopefully if he does, he can at least teach Hyperion what true heroism is especially given how Hyperion was willing to fight to preserve a false reality while Peter did the opposite in the face of a similar situation.
    I'm thinking the same. Since they are creations of Mephisto, I doubt it happens, but it would be appropiated if Spider-Man, somehow, makes Hyperion to understand what being a hero truly means. Nighthawk is really worrying me in the Infinite Destinies, and there's definitely no way to reason with him as he's a twisted version of Batman. But I wonder if Falcon (Sam Wilson) could have an effect of him. I mean, Nighthawk is obssessed with restoring his world, but facing the alternative version of his "partner" make him have second thoughts?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm thinking the same. Since they are creations of Mephisto, I doubt it happens, but it would be appropiated if Spider-Man, somehow, makes Hyperion to understand what being a hero truly means. Nighthawk is really worrying me in the Infinite Destinies, and there's definitely no way to reason with him as he's a twisted version of Batman. But I wonder if Falcon (Sam Wilson) could have an effect of him. I mean, Nighthawk is obssessed with restoring his world, but facing the alternative version of his "partner" make him have second thoughts?
    Maybe, yeah. That could be something, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

double post
    Last edited by Montressor; 07-10-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Marvel writers should know better. Sise-Neg, a Nexus Being capable of affecting all realities simultaneously, traveled all the way back to the Big Bang and re-created the universe after appropriating the powers of creation. It's canon. That effectively ends any and all discussions about whether or not a super-powered human being, albeit a mystic, existed prior to the modern era. Paradoxical or not, Sise-Neg's feat stands. I wouldn't get roped in on any bets with Mephisto over whether or not a human existed at the dawn of time. Easiest way yet to lose your soul.
    THANK YOU.

I love seeing Sise-Neg acknowledged. Epic, epic story and probably the most powerful character in the 616 (he did destroy and recreate the entire Marvel Universe on New Years 1974, as told in-story, I know the date is non-canon but I love that they threw it in there). It amazes me that no writer since has really touched the character, even in a flashback just to note the event itself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, this mini definitely needed some damn quality control.

Coulson's characterization made no sense whatsoever.
    I was like 'WTF, Coulson's evil now?!?!' I remember him talking with pride about his SHIELD status and the legacy of Fury back in that old issue where they used some previously-unseen Kirby art. I had to Google the character to see where this evil turn came from. From what I read the entire situation that made him this way was something totally out of his control, on top of him being betrayed.

Not enough explanation...was this actual reality warping, or just some pocket universe illusion? I enjoyed it well enough, and Hyperion remains one of my favorite characters (love his costume).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I was like 'WTF, Coulson's evil now?!?!' I remember him talking with pride about his SHIELD status and the legacy of Fury back in that old issue where they used some previously-unseen Kirby art. I had to Google the character to see where this evil turn came from. From what I read the entire situation that made him this way was something totally out of his control, on top of him being betrayed.

Not enough explanation...was this actual reality warping, or just some pocket universe illusion? I enjoyed it well enough, and Hyperion remains one of my favorite characters (love his costume).
    Betrayed by captain America and resurrected by the devil. And he used his evil to install different superheroes with more of a nationalistic flair which I think tracks with a career of government service. Altogether, I think his shift makes sense, I think they shouldn't have made him look so diabolical in the art though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Betrayed by captain America and resurrected by the devil. And he used his evil to install different superheroes with more of a nationalistic flair which I think tracks with a career of government service. Altogether, I think his shift makes sense, I think they shouldn't have made him look so diabolical in the art though.
    It really doesn't, though.

Why would Coulson make a deal with the devil? Since the world knows about Stevil, he knows his Cap didn't really betray him.

More than that, Steve and Deadpool weren't really targeted by Coulson. They were more collateral damage than anything else

Mighty Member

It really doesn't, though.

Why would Coulson make a deal with the devil? Since the world knows about Stevil, he knows his Cap didn't really betray him.

More than that, Steve and Deadpool weren't really targeted by Coulson. They were more collateral damage than anything else
    It was covered in Coates series, but most of the public still didn't trust Cap or believe that hydra had actually shifted reality. Also why would Spiderman make a deal with the devil? It's mephisto, people make deals with the devil to try and use the power for good all the time. Also cap was directly targeted, its suggested one of the main shifts Coulson made was no one ever finding Steve in the ice. So he doesn't kill him, he just removes him from history.
    Last edited by Tracks; 07-11-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    It was covered in Coates series, but most of the public still didn't trust Cap or believe that hydra had actually shifted reality. Also why would Spiderman make a deal with the devil? It's mephisto, people make deals with the devil to try and use the power for good all the time. Also cap was directly targeted, its suggested one of the main shifts Coulson made was no one ever finding Steve in the ice. So he doesn't kill him, he just removes him from history.
    The difference between most people, and Coulson, is that Coulson is deeply embedded in the intelligence community. He's not some Joe Slob off the street, but a high ranking spy with the ability to get and vet his own information.

Coulson's entire character prior to this was 'bad ass nice guy'. To go from that, to a mustache twirling villain, you need more than being killed by Deadpool on the orders of a Cap he knows/knew is compromised.

But Aaron's never bothered to give his villains a puddle worth of depth, and it's especially unconvincing here.

Mighty Member

The difference between most people, and Coulson, is that Coulson is deeply embedded in the intelligence community. He's not some Joe Slob off the street, but a high ranking spy with the ability to get and vet his own information.

Coulson's entire character prior to this was 'bad ass nice guy'. To go from that, to a mustache twirling villain, you need more than being killed by Deadpool on the orders of a Cap he knows/knew is compromised.

But Aaron's never bothered to give his villains a puddle worth of depth, and it's especially unconvincing here.
    I mean if American politics has taught us anything it's that government officials, however high up, aren't immune to conspiracy...and more than that Coulson was dead and then Mephisto got ahold of him. Again, I think most of the criticisms of Aaron re: depth of characters/emotional development are good. But the complaints about the actual logic of the way things play out usually aren't as great.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Marvel writers should know better.
    Writers just want to write. It's the job of the editors to say no. If the editors are cool with it we really can't get annoyed at the writers.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The Hyperion from "Heroes Reborn", just like the rest of the Squadron Supreme, were just Simulacrum (artificial humans) created by Mephisto and programmed by Coulson. They don't come from an alternative dimension, and they are not even real. It has been revealed that they don't have souls, no figertips and no even navels.
    as such, I hope all three of them eventually are destroyed/dissolved, and don't get to become some kind of permanent "anti-heroes" on the regular Marvel world, (while also building real-life fan followings to the degree that they overwhelm the traditional Marvel heroes). Marvel hasn't learned its lesson from the Venom about-face decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    as such, I hope all three of them eventually are destroyed/dissolved, and don't get to become some kind of permanent "anti-heroes" on the regular Marvel world, (while also building real-life fan followings to the degree that they overwhelm the traditional Marvel heroes). Marvel hasn't learned its lesson from the Venom about-face decades ago.
    If any of the previous versions of the Squadron are anything to go off of, even if they do last beyond Aaron, they’ll eventually just fade into limbo before the cycle starts anew with the next. I don’t think Marvel really cares to really invest into their parodies of the Justice League to make them anything more than a once in a while kind of deal.