Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1407

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If any of the previous versions of the Squadron are anything to go off of, even if they do last beyond Aaron, they’ll eventually just fade into limbo before the cycle starts anew with the next. I don’t think Marvel really cares to really invest into their parodies of the Justice League to make them anything more than a once in a while kind of deal.
    I think that is understandable. It is better invest in your own characters instead in parody characters of the competition. Once and again intermitent appearance it is good, even a maxiseries, but I don't see the need to make them a constant fixture of their landscape.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 07-14-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think that is understandable. It is better invest in your own characters instead in parody characters of the competition. Once and again intermitent appearance it is good, even a maxiseries, but I don't see the need to make them a constant fixture of their landscape.
    You know something strange? In the current side story "Infinite Fury", it would appear Nighthawk kidnapped Nick Fury and he's trying to brainwashing him to work for him. But even although we have seen it's clearly Nighthawk, they didn't show us his face clearly. We can assume is because his "Batman's style", but maybe there's another reason. What do you think?

Mighty Member

Just to be a bit off thread for a second, I forgot for a second that Heroes Reborn was referring to the Comic and thought it meant the 2015 show that was a sequel to the mid 00's show "Heroes".

Still... neither were missed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know something strange? In the current side story "Infinite Fury", it would appear Nighthawk kidnapped Nick Fury and he's trying to brainwashing him to work for him. But even although we have seen it's clearly Nighthawk, they didn't show us his face clearly. We can assume is because his "Batman's style", but maybe there's another reason. What do you think?
    Could be misdirection. But if it is Nighthawk, you know than Fury is going to win. What better way to show how awesome is Fury than winning against (expy)Batman?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Could be misdirection. But if it is Nighthawk, you know than Fury is going to win. What better way to show how awesome is Fury than winning against (expy)Batman?
    The solicitations said this story would be Fury vs Coulson, maybe Coulson had a "back up" plan for Nighthawk in case he was defeated? Anyway, it's obvious Fury will win, but we still can't underestimate a character based on Batman.

The solicitations said this story would be Fury vs Coulson, maybe Coulson had a "back up" plan for Nighthawk in case he was defeated? Anyway, it's obvious Fury will win, but we still can't underestimate a character based on Batman.
    That for sure. However, the interesting point on the expy characters is when they are taken in directions than aren't or can't be explored in the original characters. Carbon copies are just not that interesting, in my opinion.

And on a second note, we could move this kind of questions to a Squadron Supreme appreciation page. Heroes Reborn kinda ended already, with more downs than ups, isn't?.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 07-15-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

That for sure. However, the interesting point on the expy characters is when they are taken in directions than aren't or can't be explored in the original characters. Carbon copies are just not that interesting, in my opinion.

And on a second note, we could move this kind of questions to a Squadron Supreme appreciation page. Heroes Reborn kinda ended already, with more downs than ups, isn't?.
    Technically, yes, "Heroes Reborn" is over; and the current plans of Marvel for incomming events seems to indicate this reality is not precisely comming back soon. Even so, this is a story with cliffhangers open, so I don't think we have seen the last of it.

I can't avoid to feel sorry for them, to certain degree. They are jerks, but it's not like they chose to be what they are. If only they could find redemption and a chance to be real heroes.
    Do we ever relate to the characters from Kobiks Hydra world reality? Why should we invest in something made by a cosmic cube wishfullfilment? The personalities of the Squadron are synthetic, and can be overlooked as being significant because they were prepared as subconscious mind wanks. Maybe they have a popularist affectation by their cute appearance, I don’t know. But anything revealed to be made up shouldn’t have legs. (I know we’re talking about fictitious comic book characters anyway - how ironic?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Conan, soloman kaine, red sonja and kull during conans era. Tons of magic, shape changers and powered people!

Phantom rider, and others in the west.

Frankenstains monster and other monster books that take place in the past.

Doc savage and tarzan in the past. The shadow if his old marvel one shot is canon.

Marvel has had heroes before ww2.
    That’s not the point I’m making. All the characters you mention above didn’t appear from 1961 onwards. The Silver Age characters appeared, who were completely unheard of, who didn’t have parents, ( or not until much later did they show up - Mr Storm). That is the facinating thing that happened in Marvel Comics. The reintroduction of Golden and Atlas characters was an afterthought. Cap on ice had never been mentioned before, nor was vagrant Namor, or Vision made of an Android. These were all Silver Age inventions.

This event is long over and you all are still taking this thread to 100+ pages

The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This event is long over and you all are still taking this thread to 100+ pages

The event is over, the pain is not

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The event is over, the pain is not
    There's also the cliffhangers. 3 members of the Squadron are in custody, Hyperion is in no-one-knows, and Nighthawk is trying to restore "his" world. So I would say this is not over yet.

Finally read the last two issues. Intrigued by nighthawk, who works for the government, yet secretly against it. Wonder what will become of Hyperion, who seems to be lost. And I wish they could do something positive with doctor spectrum. Sadly, I don't care about the blur, or power princess. And coulson's 180 degree turn made no sense. How much of that insanity was him, and how much was due to mephisto's influence?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Finally read the last two issues. Intrigued by nighthawk, who works for the government, yet secretly against it. Wonder what will become of Hyperion, who seems to be lost. And I wish they could do something positive with doctor spectrum. Sadly, I don't care about the blur, or power princess. And coulson's 180 degree turn made no sense. How much of that insanity was him, and how much was due to mephisto's influence?
    If you believe the narration, it was all him. He never admired heroes, he simply wanted to be the guy who ordered them around.

...God, I don't envy whomever has to fix Aaron's poor writing.

Fantastic Member

Feels like Aaron has become the new Bendis proxy here at Marvel?