Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Here are those forgotten ones:

Valkyrie 6'3, Magdelene 6'7, Amazon 7', She-Thing 6'0.
    Don't forget Angela and Sif. I think they're both in that 6 ft or taller group, weighing in at 400+ lbs.

I know Frank Cho catches a lot of flack for his artistic style, but his rendering is perfect for women with tall frames and dense musculature.

This is getting good reviews, now I'm nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm not sure if all those dames would appreciate you calling them that in front of them.
    Perhaps not. But in my defense, in the original myths Hela was the daughter of Angrboda, a giantess, and Loki, whose biological parents were giants. Anyone approaching Hela's height is a giantess.

Either way, I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss the sobriquet and other terms of endearment with any of them. Charm being my only shield.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    it's not like Aaron is a bad writer. I think people don't appreciate his approach to the Avengers (trying to make every single arc feel like an event), but his approaches to other series have been generally well-received.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    it's not like Aaron is a bad writer. I think people don't appreciate his approach to the Avengers (trying to make every single arc feel like an event), but his approaches to other series have been generally well-received.
    I really hope he is back to the best of his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Could that be the U.S.S.Representative?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Doesn't everything get good reviews these days due to the fact that the reviewers themselves are desperate to work in the industry and don't want to piss off the talent with bad reviews? As long as you aren't in the wrong group of comic creators (Liefeld, Cho, etc) pretty sure you will get a good review.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Doesn't everything get good reviews these days due to the fact that the reviewers themselves are desperate to work in the industry and don't want to piss off the talent with bad reviews? As long as you aren't in the wrong group of comic creators (Liefeld, Cho, etc) pretty sure you will get a good review.
    It happens in just about every industry. The professional reviewers, some of whom are on the dole in some form or another, become part of the hype machine. Then the fans get their mitts on the finished product and more honest critiques are launched.

At this point, this event looks like it could be fun, as long as readers don't take it too seriously. But I also see the dangers of having a major event built on DC assimilations. From a novelty stance, I hope it works out. But from the standpoint that I think Marvel needs to seriously stop playing around and produce better events featuring its own characters, I hope this flops to the point that they never, never, ever, ever, ever do this again. Marvel has too many great characters of its own wasting away in limbo that would greatly benefit the attention.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    John Walker....as a commie???

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But not really.

This wonderful woman, is not blessed by her gods/goddesses, does not have super-speed, super reflexes, indestructible uniform/body armor nor an invisible jet. I never saw this Princess deflect bullets with her bracelets.

Zarda is way taller than Diana (6'8" vs 6'0") and quite a bit heavier (282 pounds vs 160 for Diana).
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for what I call the baby giantesses, like Power Princess (6'8"), Hela (7'), Frenzy (6'11") She-Hulk (6'7"), Thundra (7'2"), Bouncing Betty (her exact height hasn't been published, but she looks taller than 6'8"), and a few others that I'm forgetting.
    yeah, I hope they don't shrink down Zarda.

they already shrunk down Hela from 7'0 to 6'5 lol.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-04-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Wait, does this mean the Soviet Union never collapsed in the Heroes Reborn reality?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Not always, some sites I'm suspicious because they always give above 9. But some books get bad reviews like Tom king batman/catwoman book

I like the artwork. The inside panels seem as good as the cover which sometimes does not happen.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!