Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1407
    Mighty Member

yea it'll be serious feats for the avengers to contend at all with the squadron. even nighthawk took out sabertooth, moon knight, deadpool, bullseye, and a bunch of other people by himself in short order....black panther is trying to keep up with a guy we just saw outrace eternity.

Incredible Member

Question, what is the status of Nick Fury Jr. in this world? He and Coulson were best friends after all.

Or did Marvel drop the ball AGAIN in an opportunity to help flesh out Junior even more?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’m just looking forward to the fight. There is no hope of the Squadron returning to 616 after this. At least not for a long while. The tie ins have been very good. Really enjoyed Weapon X and Final Flight. I could see both of Logan’s and Walt’s point of view. Very tough decision that was made. It actually makes you want the Avengers to kick the Squadron’s back to 712 after reading Final Flight. I just want to see Thor smack the Princess down. He has no chance against Hyperion. Without the Phoenix force and Starbrand the Avengers would have no chance against the Squadron.
    Technically, this Squadron is a bunch of demonic simulacra created and programmed by Mephisto and Coulson, so not the same as the ones from Earth-712.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    yea it'll be serious feats for the avengers to contend at all with the squadron. even nighthawk took out sabertooth, moon knight, deadpool, bullseye, and a bunch of other people by himself in short order....black panther is trying to keep up with a guy we just saw outrace eternity.
    If he siphons off Blur's kinetic energy to speed himself up, he might stand a chance. Kind of like what Deathstroke did in The Lazarus Contract crossover storyline between Titans, Teen Titans, and his solo in DC Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Question, what is the status of Nick Fury Jr. in this world? He and Coulson were best friends after all.

Or did Marvel drop the ball AGAIN in an opportunity to help flesh out Junior even more?
    Sure sounds like it, which is a shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Honestly with how out of character Coulson has been acting this entire run with no explanation, I genuinely question whether Aaron actually knows about Coulson’s MU history and character or if he just doesn’t care. Given how characters will just act completely out of character just to service his plot sense be damned, I’m willing to bet it’s the latter.

Astonishing Member

In fairness, Aaron’s handling of Coulson has been pretty clearly the same hipster-ish “MCU bad!” That the comics have been doing for years now

Astonishing Member

Bleeding Cool published a lot of spoilers from this arc way ahead of the publishing dates. Anyone knows if there are spoilers from "Heroes Return"? I'm quite impatient to see it.

Pretty sure the Avengers will win and restore reality, but I want to know what will happen to this Squadron Supreme. I mean, sure, they are fakes and they are jerks; but it's not really their fault. They are literally "robots" just following their "programming".

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness, Aaron’s handling of Coulson has been pretty clearly the same hipster-ish “MCU bad!” That the comics have been doing for years now
    Lol really? Are there any other examples?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

If he siphons off Blur's kinetic energy to speed himself up, he might stand a chance. Kind of like what Deathstroke did in The Lazarus Contract crossover storyline between Titans, Teen Titans, and his solo in DC Rebirth.
    Looks like that's what T'Challe is going to go for. I don't think we've ever seen vibranium used like that against a speedster before. Which is something I appreciate about Aaron too, always looking for new ways to use powers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Looks like that's what T'Challe is going to go for. I don't think we've ever seen vibranium used like that against a speedster before. Which is something I appreciate about Aaron too, always looking for new ways to use powers.
    Indeed. Say what you will about his writing in general, this part he definitely nails.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Nick Fury Jr is currently a part of Infinite Destinies Event and had a back up story in both the Iron Man and Captain America Annuals.

I have only read the Iron Man Annual but I did like the Nick Fury Jr part.

Having just Read HR #6, I am glad that religion has been addressed as this criticism of its failures as an institution, and how Mephisto is reversing the arguments that used to support religions. This was done very well in American Knights, by Cleric Matt Murdoch, denouncing “Confessions” as just plain indulgences, while continuing the same criminal behaviour. This rings so true of all Religions who preach an ultruistic self-piety, while hanging African Americans during the slavery days after the Civil War. Mephisto may be some things, but he rings true that Religions are contradictory to what they term piety. At least the “Saint” rejected his religion of Mephisto as no better than those it supplanted, which were just the same. Interesting premise that the Devil is just as piese as the so called gods, of religions Maybe it’s because you can’t tell the difference.

Has Daredevil been part of this event? Does he worship Mephisto?

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    "annexed British Columbia and Alberta for their resources"

Ed Brisson, my new favorite writer of all time, recognizes the only two provinces worth a damn in Canada!!! Amen brother!!

Also I'm happy to be a minority here in saying I think this series rocks and I would read the *hell* out of a Nighthawk series that jumped back and forth through the eras in the fashion of some of the books. That Bronze Age death of Falcon was amazing.
    I was examining the artists Dan Jurgens, Scott Hanna, and Sotomayo to see what they did to hide their current styles, and delve into the 1970’s style. That must have been difficult, just to curtail all their instinctive patterns, or, they had to alter what they did by committee as a post-editing? Even the 7 or 8 references to other comics on the bottom of pages. Someone should make a list of all referenced comics made in all the books in this Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Has Daredevil been part of this event? Does he worship Mephisto?
    See Daredevil in American Knights. He is quite the demon. He’s called the ‘Saint’.

There is certainly a smattering of conventional super villains mixed in with other 616 super heroes, all getting killed now and then. Big heavy hitters too, like Galactus, King in Black, Odin, Mangog, Hercules. Did the Celestials make a showing? Mephisto has taken the essential elements of the 616, to illustrate all the events he does on Mephisto-world, taking aspects of old stories, Peter Parker’s story, Spider-world, and other dimensions, like NZ, Darkhold, and Hel via the magic mirror.

I can only imagine Mephisto made such a strong gambit, because something very bad was going to happen soon, and old Mephisto is getting his rocks off before everything ends? Mephisto shouldn’t be making his move unless he feels it’s now or never. About the thing that would scare Mephisto is if Ulysses showed up. Ulysses has only one function in the Multiverse - to let everyone know a Death Celestial is going to come. Death Celestials are a vacuum cleaner. If they don’t like birds, all the birds are gone. If they don’t like humans…you get the,picture. When Ulysses gets the vision, everybody sees it and feels it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-21-2021 at 05:33 AM.