Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reality is bending at their whim, so that might explain what happened to Galactus.
    It really could be anything. Like we've had a single issue so far in this universe. I don't think it makes sense in general to rush to critique before we know what is going on.

All-New Member

Default Vibe Check on Heroes Reborn

I loved the first issue of Heroes Reborn. However, I’ve also loved many of events number ones only to have it flounder later on. Is Heroes Reborn for real? What do you all think?

Previews for Heroes this week

Heroes Reborn 2

https://comicbookdispatch.com/heroes-reborn-2-preview/

Shutterbug

https://comicbookdispatch.com/heroes...bug-1-preview/

Hyperion Imperial Guard

https://comicbookdispatch.com/heroes...ard-1-preview/

I really do love the flexibility with what if stories. Anyone else in on HEROES REBORN?

BANNED

The whole reason this is all happening how Hyperion can one-shot Galactus casually, how Power Princess can fight Mangog who has the Odin Force, how Spectrum can fight Thanos with the Infinity Rings, etc... all of this, every single event is SCRIPTED as in it's controlled by Evil Coulson and Mephisto. There have been plenty of hints already dropping that this is happening, we even saw Doom attack Coulson and even though his security is panicking Coulson is standing there smiling not giving a damn because he knows all of this is exactly as they scripted it, they made their little perfect universe that goes EXACTLY the way they want it. None of the Squadron Supreme can lose a fight, they have never lost a fight, because it's all basically "fake". That is where the Avengers come in they are the one thing Mephisto and Coulson have not scripted and planned for, which is why that is exactly where the Squadron Supreme is gonna lose. It's gonna be funny seeing Hyperion one-shot Galactus like it's nothing and then in the end fight a human Thor with no experience who picked up a hammer for the first time ever and lose to him.

I don't know if I'll read any of the secondary stories, but this event has my attention. Curious to see how this plays out and if Aaron can stick the landing

We've never seen Blade in an event like this so I find that intriguing. It also feels like the recent Squadron Supreme build-up might have some worthwhile payoff. It's been hitting me with a mix of nostalgic and refreshing vibes. However, we're only one issue in and it's usually the later issues for events like this that tend to unravel. But so far so good, the story is leaning into an Elseworlds vibe.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    OK, it's official, THIS CANNOT BE REAL!!!

There's no way Hyperion could have defeated Galactus just like that easy! Hyperion is essentially a mirror copy of Superman, and Superman is not powerful enough to do something like this. There was a crossover, years ago, when Superman and the Fantastic Four faced Galactus and Darkseid. Superman was incapable of defeating Galactus, and Galactus was even temporally capable of turning Superman into his Herald.

Besides, there are cosmic forces in the Marvel Universe that proved, even if by any chance you kill a powerful being like Galactus, you won't get away with it.

So, I still don't get the nature of this reality (although I bet Mephisto has something to do with it), but it's clear that some events from "its past" couldn't have happened at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

There's no way Hyperion could have defeated Galactus just like that easy! Hyperion is essentially a mirror copy of Superman, and Superman is not powerful enough to do something like this. There was a crossover, years ago, when Superman and the Fantastic Four faced Galactus and Darkseid. Superman was incapable of defeating Galactus, and Galactus was even temporally capable of turning Superman into his Herald.

Besides, there are cosmic forces in the Marvel Universe that proved, even if by any chance you kill a powerful being like Galactus, you won't get away with it.

So, I still don't get the nature of this reality (although I bet Mephisto has something to do with it), but it's clear that some events from "its past" couldn't have happened at all.
    Personally as i said i think all of this is staged of "fake" if you will, but even if my theory isn't true, this is a featless, alternate version of Galactus. This is at the end of the day meaningless. King Hyperion used to brag how he killed Galactus of his own universe then he came to 616 and got his ass kicked by Blue Marvel and broke his hand fighting a DEPOWERED Juggernaut.

This is completely irrelevant to 616 Galactus, who has admittedly been getting the short end of the stick these last few years himself but nothing on this level obviously because he isn't a featless plot device like HR Galactus clearly is.

Mighty Member

The events in the past could not have happened because Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme don't have a past, all their memories are implanted by Coulson.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The whole reason this is all happening how Hyperion can one-shot Galactus casually, how Power Princess can fight Mangog who has the Odin Force, how Spectrum can fight Thanos with the Infinity Rings, etc... all of this, every single event is SCRIPTED as in it's controlled by Evil Coulson and Mephisto. There have been plenty of hints already dropping that this is happening, we even saw Doom attack Coulson and even though his security is panicking Coulson is standing there smiling not giving a damn because he knows all of this is exactly as they scripted it, they made their little perfect universe that goes EXACTLY the way they want it. None of the Squadron Supreme can lose a fight, they have never lost a fight, because it's all basically "fake". That is where the Avengers come in they are the one thing Mephisto and Coulson have not scripted and planned for, which is why that is exactly where the Squadron Supreme is gonna lose. It's gonna be funny seeing Hyperion one-shot Galactus like it's nothing and then in the end fight a human Thor with no experience who picked up a hammer for the first time ever and lose to him.
    I think that is how this illusion will start to fall apart when the Squadron Supreme starts to question what is going on around them and Coulson starts to lose control.

Right now only Nighthawk seems to be aware that something is wrong with this universe but we cannot say how much of that is genuine because he was also programmed to be very suspicious

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The events in the past could not have happened because Hyperion and the rest of the Squadron Supreme don't have a past, all their memories are implanted by Coulson.
    Yeah, good point! I forgot about that. But still, this is really confusing.

I think that is how this illusion will start to fall apart when the Squadron Supreme starts to question what is going on around them and Coulson starts to lose control.

Right now only Nighthawk seems to be aware that something is wrong with this universe but we cannot say how much of that is genuine because he was also programmed to be very suspicious
    Well, Nighthawk is Batman's mirror copy, which means he will be the one who always distrust EVERYONE; even his own allies. And his programming could be the downfall of the Squadron, because it's like when you program an AI to do something and it ends up doing it... Too well!.

All-New Member

Yeah, good point! I forgot about that. But still, this is really confusing.

Well, Nighthawk is Batman's mirror copy, which means he will be the one who always distrust EVERYONE; even his own allies. And his programming could be the downfall of the Squadron, because it's like when you program an AI to do something and it ends up doing it... Too well!.
    It’s true they are all facsimiles of DC heroes. They was the premise when they were introduced years ago. However, I feel like Jason Aaron is a much better writer than the obvious. Could Mephisto and Coulson be doing this? Sure. But Aaron usually has a wrinkle that’s involved. Checking out some variant covers, you’ll find Mephisto on one or two leading me to believe he’s involved. PLUS the hints already assigned throughout prior issues Yet I hope Aaron throws in a unique wrinkle that we didn’t see coming. And only after two weeks... I’m already more interested in this event than I was for King in Black, EMPYRE, and even X of Swords. It so far easy to understand compared to recent DC events. Right now, I’m pretty jazzed. Maybe in a week or two that may not still be the case. But currently... I’m in!! The tie ins were pretty solid!!!

Astonishing Member

You know something funny? The Squadron Supreme were programmed to act as USA's defenders, and they are clearly based on DC's Justice League, but I believe part of their programming could actually be based on "twisted versions" of the Avengers' own personalities.

+ Hyperion: By the way he talked to Dr Juggernaut in the first issue, I would say his personality is a twisted version of Captain America's; with his patriotism taken to the wrong levels.

+ Nighthawk: All things considered, there's a chance this Nighthawk could have been programmed with traces from both, Tony Stark and T'Challa; as one of the greatest and most dangerous minds in the planet.

+ Power Princess: Coulson already said she should be programmed to be like "Thor, but with boobs". When Jane Foster was Thor, I don't think she acted like this woman.

+ Dr Spectrum: I don't know, honestly, but maybe it could have traces from Carol Danver as Captain Marvel? I 'm not sure.

+ Blurr: I'm not sure about this.

You don't need to limit it to current Avengers. Spectrum would clearly be Nova, maybe Quasar, and Blur's counterparts would be the Blur from the previous Squadron Supreme, who Coulson should personally know as he was a SHIELD agent last we saw, and obviously, Quicksilver.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You don't need to limit it to current Avengers. Spectrum would clearly be Nova, maybe Quasar, and Blur's counterparts would be the Blur from the previous Squadron Supreme, who Coulson should personally know as he was a SHIELD agent last we saw, and obviously, Quicksilver.
    I'm not liited to the current Avenger. DC's Trinity are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman; which means Hyperion, Nighthawk and Power Princess. The closest thing in Marvel Universe is the Avengers' Trinity: Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. So it's fitting their programmed them with traces from Marvel's own Trinity.

BANNED

Yep, although it wont fall apart until the very end obviously, since we know they will fight the Avengers, i imagine they will still perceive the Avengers as the "villains".

Hmm. Did anybody read Avengers Stand-off and Maria Hill used a cosmic cube and put everyone in her little Pleasant Hill town so she could keep an eye on everyone?