Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

So...this is supposed to be AoA for the Avengers? Right down to the black hero that remembers everything as it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So...this is supposed to be AoA for the Avengers? Right down to the black hero that remembers everything as it should be?
    Yeah, that "coincidence" didn't escape me either.

Peace

I knew I was gonna hate it but I just hoped Aaron would shock me...no. It sucked.

I felt the writing being smug about DC and it was poking me and saying EH GET IT EH?

The fact this delayed Cap Marvel and Cap America for this month is even more of an insult.

Just a quick question, I haven't been following this but do you have to know anything to read the first issue? Was there like a buildup to the event at all?

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Just a quick question, I haven't been following this but do you have to know anything to read the first issue? Was there like a buildup to the event at all?
    It drops you right into the action, no real set up. If you're like me you'll initially mistake the opening dialogue as being spoken by the wrong guy for a couple of mildly confusing panels.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Yes, I agree this was an interesting start,
    but Aaron will definitely rotate back to Starbrand and Phoenix, and he just haven't delivered on those yet.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    no. It wouldn't hurt to know the current Avengers roster, but other then that you don't need to have read the current Avengers run.

If you had read the run it might give you some additional satisfaction to see some of the plot points set in place from 2018 come to fruition. Other then that Aaron's writing is incredibly new reader accessible
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    It drops you right into the action, no real set up. If you're like me you'll initially mistake the opening dialogue as being spoken by the wrong guy for a couple of mildly confusing panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no. It wouldn't hurt to know the current Avengers roster, but other then that you don't need to have read the current Avengers run.

If you had read the run it might give you some additional satisfaction to see some of the plot points set in place from 2018 come to fruition. Other then that Aaron's writing is incredibly new reader accessible
    Ok thanks!! Appreciate the info!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, I'm done with this one. If you're sitting here arguing Aaron wasn't having fun with the DC heroes with the dialogue, you're lost at sea. When you get a chance, read the reviews that have been published then take a second to appreciate that maybe a large part of this series just sailed over your head.
    You are right about one thing, you are done. He wasn't because first i was making fun of DOOMs dialogue not Hyperions, so making fun of DC by making fun of Doom makes no sense, secondly i already explained to you the reason for Hyperions dialogue it's not to make fun of DC heroes, it's literally because of this

RCO013_1556113164.jpg

Also more of that "genius" Aaron dialogue from evil Coulson "think Thor but with boobs", hilarious.

It's not because he is making fun of DC heroes, it's because they are TRAINED to talk like this, how am i understanding Aarons references better than an Aaron defender, you are not capable of distinguishing between a reference from an earlier Avengers issue with Aaron trying to satirize JL, this is amazing. What are reviews suppose to prove? You do know reviews get things constantly wrong? Like i read an Immortal Hulk review that called Joe Fixit the Devil Hulk lol and also what about all those reviews that never mentioned the making fun of DC heroes thing? I guess we can ignore those because it must have went over their head as well.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-05-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    You are right about one thing, you are done. He wasn't because first i was making fun of DOOMs dialogue not Hyperions, so making fun of DC by making fun of Doom makes no sense, secondly i already explained to you the reason for Hyperions dialogue it's not to make fun of DC heroes, it's literally because of this

RCO013_1556113164.jpg

Also more of that "genius" Aaron dialogue from evil Coulson "think Thor but with boobs", hilarious.

It's not because he is making fun of DC heroes, it's because they are TRAINED to talk like this, how am i understanding Aarons references better than an Aaron defender, you are not capable of distinguishing between a reference from an earlier Avengers issue with Aaron trying to satirize JL, this is amazing. What are reviews suppose to prove? You do know reviews get things constantly wrong? Like i read an Immortal Hulk review that called Joe Fixit the Devil Hulk lol and also what about all those reviews that never mentioned the making fun of DC heroes thing? I guess we can ignore those because it must have went over their head as well.
    Yup. You got it. As everyone reading this event will tell you, there's no intent to poke fun at DC. Hard hitting analysis! Be sure to let all the other posters and reviewers know about your genius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yup. You got it. As everyone reading this event will tell you, there's no intent to poke fun at DC. Hard hitting analysis! Be sure to let all the other posters and reviewers know about your genius.
    This is just sad at this point lol. Be sure to let all the others reviews and posters that disagree with you about your hard hitting analysis as well, where you missed the whole point of the way Hyperion speaks in the first place being a reference to evil Coulson teaching him and PP how to act and speak much earlier in the Avengers run something no reviewer has actually referenced so far.

Once again all of this from me calling Dooms talking cringe... not even Hyperions...

Astonishing Member

I wasn't really enamored with the first issue. This is a set up we have seen countless times before with AOA, AOXM, AOX, Heroes Reborn 96/97, House Of M etc. This one is even complete with a black character being the one to remember it all. So many things don't make sense either with numerous plots holes - Spidey, for one, was around before the Avengers. Still, it is just the first issue. But resorting to alternative timeline storylines every few years is old hat by this point.

I do agree with some sentiments that this was scheduled to go up against DC's 5G. It just screams Marvel saying to customers - Don't like Jon Kent as Superman? Here is Hyperion doing Silver Age Superman things. Here is Peter Parker as Jimmy Olsen. Here is a LoSH books in Hyperion and The Imperial Guard. Obviously 5G was canned and we got Infinite Frontier instead.

I dropped Aaron’s Avengers, but I guess I’ll give this a shot. Was Tony in this issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I dropped Aaron’s Avengers, but I guess I’ll give this a shot. Was Tony in this issue?
    He appeared in 3 panels and had a couple of lines.

Amazing Member

I like it. I love to see “What If...?” And this is just one example.