Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1407
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I agree it was underwhelming, but I enjoyed seeing the Avengers triumph at least. Felt kind of sad for the Squadron Supreme trapped in our world, especially Hyperion looking for Peter Parker. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That was probably my favorite scene in this issue. This guy who secretly hated him that he viewed as a nuisance is the one person he's looking for to ground him and he's just... not there. Well, he actually is there but not in the form Hyperion wants him to.
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A mini series devoted to hating Phil Coulson?

Wonder who'll end up fixing the hack job.
    I'm wondering the same thing! They did Phil so dirty!!!

Not the best event I have ever read. The best part was the Starbrand baby at the end. I laughed my ass off. Now can we finally get a new writer for the Avengers? I hope this doesn’t ruin the Squadron. I have some thoughts about that but don’t want to give away any spoilers so I’ll leave it alone for now. One last thing. Thor’s classic garb is superior to any other garb he has worn IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyDJ View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing! They did Phil so dirty!!!
    Agreed. Like what did Coulson ever do to deserve this? Like, you could have replaced Coulson with any government figure who dislikes the super hero community and it would have changed nothing because this portrayal of Coulson is so nonsensically ooc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Not the best event I have ever read. The best part was the Starbrand baby at the end. I laughed my ass off. Now can we finally get a new writer for the Avengers? I hope this doesn’t ruin the Squadron. I have some thoughts about that but don’t want to give away any spoilers so I’ll leave it alone for now. One last thing. Thor’s classic garb is superior to any other garb he has worn IMO!
    The Squadron Supreme of America is but one particular version among many of the Squadron Supreme. The Squadron will survive this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agreed. Like what did Coulson ever do to deserve this? Like, you could have replaced Coulson with any government figure who dislikes the super hero community and it would have changed nothing because this portrayal of Coulson is so nonsensically ooc.
    I'm still waiting for the revelation that Mephisto exploited Coulson's despair at having been killed on the orders of someone he once idolized and used it to twist him into this mad, power-hungry abomination. At the very least, that's my rationale and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gyrich is too good for this run, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gyrich is too good for this run, I guess?
    Gyrich is still plotting away and recruiting for ORCHIS, last I checked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The **** did I just read
    A turd. Remember to wash your hands afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    A turd. Remember to wash your hands afterwards.
    Nah, that won't be enough, they need to use rubbing alcohol then light them on fire.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This was such an odd duck of a "event"

I don't understand why this wasn't in the pages of The Avengers; I mean they used to have gimmicks all the time where the actual title would change to signify some weird parallel timeline thing.

Aaron is really delving into the Saturday morning cartoon playbook here: things get resolved in a panel or two, crazy reveals, and language geared towards younger readers.

If you didn't show me the creators and just showed me some random panels I would have sworn this was a YA comic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This was such an odd duck of a "event"

I don't understand why this wasn't in the pages of The Avengers; I mean they used to have gimmicks all the time where the actual title would change to signify some weird parallel timeline thing.

Aaron is really delving into the Saturday morning cartoon playbook here: things get resolved in a panel or two, crazy reveals, and language geared towards younger readers.

If you didn't show me the creators and just showed me some random panels I would have sworn this was a YA comic.
    Yeah and like a saturday morning cartoon, nothing need to really make sense: Hyperion can kill Galactus in one blow, Spectrum can kill Thanos and his infinity stones, Tchalla has suddenly super-speed and Mephisto is as powerful as he needs to be for the story. I hate this kind of stories where there is no internal consistencies, and villains villains or heroes use absurd super-powers that they have never used before, from nowhere (like a hellish cosmic cube, or for Black Panther super-speed that he will never use again) . And seriously, if he has a cosmic cube, why Mephisto don't use it himself ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah and like a saturday morning cartoon, nothing need to really make sense: Hyperion can kill Galactus in one blow, Spectrum can kill Thanos and his infinity stones, Tchalla has suddenly super-speed and Mephisto is as powerful as he needs to be for the story. I hate this kind of stories where there is no internal consistencies, and villains villains or heroes use absurd super-powers that they have never used before, from nowhere (like a hellish cosmic cube, or for Black Panther super-speed that he will never use again) . And seriously, if he has a cosmic cube, why Mephisto don't use it himself ?
    Exactly!

For me, I stopped taking this title "seriously" for a while now. I just read it for the pretty pictures I mean for issue #4 they had James Stokoe!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    i think someone else pointed out, t'challa was probably absorbing blur's kinetic energy and using it to propel himself

This was literally the same as an actual plot from a Saturday Morning Cartoon Avengers show.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I hope this doesn’t ruin the Squadron.
    That's the beauty of the Squadron Supreme. If you don't want to use the previous version or honor what came before, just create another iteration of the analog characters, slap the SS label on them and you're good to go.