Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1407

Overall, I enjoyed the event as a whole, but the main series was extremely underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    spoilers:
    Well…. At least the SS remembers….
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hmm, I wonder if Doctor Spectrum will still have his powers? His prism is destroyed, but Kid Spectrum didn't have one, so in theory it shouldn't be required.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    so what do people make of the vampires being in hell with all the other mephistos
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

The **** did I just read

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I agree it was underwhelming, but I enjoyed seeing the Avengers triumph at least. Felt kind of sad for the Squadron Supreme trapped in our world, especially Hyperion looking for Peter Parker. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I agree it was underwhelming, but I enjoyed seeing the Avengers triumph at least. Felt kind of sad for the Squadron Supreme trapped in our world, especially Hyperion looking for Peter Parker. :/
    That was probably my favorite scene in this issue. This guy who secretly hated him that he viewed as a nuisance is the one person he's looking for to ground him and he's just... not there. Well, he actually is there but not in the form Hyperion wants him to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The **** did I just read
    A mini series devoted to hating Phil Coulson?

Wonder who'll end up fixing the hack job.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I wish the Avengers vs Squadron Supreme fight was better.
    Same here.

Some inconsistencies in the fight made it a bit hard to make sense of.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I wish the Avengers vs Squadron Supreme fight was better.
    Personally I would prefer if it was better written , I think it was the worst I read this week by far

I'm not even shocked that ended with a fart.

After reading my friend’s copy I can say that the only redeeming quality of this issue is that it was the last.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-23-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This was the most anticlimactic ending for an event of this magnitude I've ever read. To be fair, Aaron does leave a pretty big cliffhanger, but I'm just not expecting too much from that. Idk if it's the art style, but it didn't do it for me.

Overall it was an interesting idea and I liked some elements of the storyline, but it could have been way better. As Tracks said, this really should have been more of a Blade story ... but it wasn't. He's super backgrounded after the first issue.

We get very few concrete answers to certain plot points. We can make some educated guesses but there are several vague elements throughout this story. I'm not even sure Aaron's going to tie up all his storylines. I thought this event was supposed to wrap everything up with Mephisto. We didn't even get closure to the Squadron Supreme, who the Red Widow is, and what was going on with Namor. Are all those questions going to be answered?
    Agreed. Not only does it not provide any more substance to Mephisto (we still don't know what is Mephisto's deal in-story aside from knowing out-of-story that he's the Devil so he is bad), it instead promises more Mephisto going forward.

One thing that is funny is, in contrast to DC Comics' Superman/Batman, here I find the motivation and character of Hyperion far more interesting than Nighthawk. I also find Blur to be more interesting than the Flash (But of course I don't think Blur could support years of comic book solo stories).

That's because Blur lacks two things Flash has - a decent rogues gallery and a large family of heroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think this could had be better if it would had be a three issue story inside the Avengers series.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A mini series devoted to hating Phil Coulson?

Wonder who'll end up fixing the hack job.
    Hope it’ll be soon. Doesn’t sound like it’ll happen in avengers though.