Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1407

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Thor is gonna come out looking way better in this tittle then he did in Wonder Woman lol
    Of course, Thor is the hero and Power Princess is the villain, as opposed to Thor in the Wonder Woman comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What happened between WW and Thor?
    spoilers:
    WW beat up Thor and crushed his hammer, which was actually a fake hammer forged by Dr. Psycho to control him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.

So Hyperion, Nighthawk, and Blur feel like they can be redeemed, Spectrum could be an interesting zealot character to play with but is definitely a villain, and Princess Power is just too chaotic to be anything but a sheer villain

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Of course, Thor the hero and Power Princess the villain, as opposed to Thor in the Wonder Woman comic.

spoilers:
    WW beat up Thor and crushed his hammer, which was actually a fake hammer forged by Dr. Psycho to control him.
    end of spoilers
    LOL...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LOL I'm fine with different iterations of myths but what WW did to Thor was so dumb.
    At least the WW comic was nice enough to make DC's Thor looked nothing like Marvel's Thor. They even gave him an updated costume to make him look less like Marvel's.

Power Princess honestly looks like Wonder Woman with a re-color, I bet some casual fans even had to google to see if WW crossed over into a Marvel comic. I know most of the Squadron Supreme was updated to look more like their DC counterparts, but PP was the most blatant knockoff of the lot.

At least the WW comic was nice enough to make DC's Thor looked nothing like Marvel's Thor. They even gave him an updated costume to make him look less like Marvel's.

Power Princess honestly looks like Wonder Woman with a re-color, I bet some casual fans even had to google to see if WW crossed over into a Marvel comic. I know most of the Squadron Supreme was updated to look more like their DC counterparts, but PP was the most blatant knockoff of the lot.
    yeah, I like this different version of Norse deities.

as for rip offs, personally I never cared about them at all nor was I ever bothered by it.

I find PP to be pretty cool.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-10-2021 at 11:13 AM.

yeah, I like this different version of Norse deities.

as for rip offs, personally I never cared about them at all nor was I ever bothered by it.

I find PP pretty cool.
    Yeah she's cool, just not sure I like how much of a xerox she is of WW. Of course, their similarities are very surface level if you actually read WW comics (or watch her movie's, lol).

Plus, PP's personality in this kind-of serves DC right since they actually made WW exactly like this for a while in their comics. Lo-and-behold, a battle happy barbarian who only slices-and-dices doesn't come off as very heroic.

Yeah she's cool, just not sure I like how much of a xerox she is of WW. Of course, their similarities are very surface level if you actually read WW comics (or watch her movie's, lol).

Plus, PP's personality in this kind-of serves DC right since they actually made WW exactly like this for a while in their comics. Lo-and-behold, a battle happy barbarian who slices-and-dices doesn't come off as very heroic.
    I think that's pretty much how she is supposed to be in this fake reality.

pretty sure she'll go back to being heroic or something after this mess is dealt with.

I think that's pretty much how she is supposed to be in this fake reality.

pretty sure she'll go back to being heroic or something after this mess is dealt with.
    Indeed.

But they aren't the real/original Squadron, correct? Unless a reformation is in order, I'm not sure they are going to become heroes.

I think they will either die, or perhaps after learning the truth of their creation join the Avengers to combat Mephisto (and then maybe die as real heroes, or something like that).

Indeed.

But they aren't the real/original Squadron, correct? Unless a reformation is in order, I'm not sure they are going to become heroes.

I think they will either die, or perhaps after learning the truth of their creation join the Avengers to combat Mephisto (and then maybe die as real heroes, or something like that).
    they'll probably join the Avengers.

then again, it's Aaron so anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Oh it's a given that those "encounter" were watered down versions. I'm just saying in general. Gruenwald's Hype was much weaker than Hickman's version. Will Hickman's reappear or will this clone thing survive? If it does, will he match the classic or the most recent version. Same with PP. Gruenwald's version was only in the 20 tons range. That's quite low compared to, let's say classic She-Hulk (75 tons), Thundra (60 tons) - even Lady Sif was stronger at 30 tons. Should this version be stronger?

Or am I overthinking this? It seems Marvel doesn't care about power levels anymore and to them, a character is as strong (or as weak [looking at you, Thor]) as the writer needs them to be to tell their story.

Like, I just got the OHBOMU omnibus recently and I'm too obsessed with ranking and stats. LOL
    No way was Hyperion ever in the 20 ton range. He fought the villain Hyperion in Gruenwald’s run and beat him. That Hyperion smacked Thor around until Thor outsmarted him. Hyperion has always been class 75- 100 ton. Now he is like Class 3000. I have all the old Marvel handbooks and gaming books and they all say at least class 75 ton.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    No way was Hyperion ever in the 20 ton range. He fought the villain Hyperion in Gruenwald’s run and beat him. That Hyperion smacked Thor around until Thor outsmarted him. Hyperion has always been class 75- 100 ton. Now he is like Class 3000. I have all the old Marvel handbooks and gaming books and they all say at least class 75 ton.
    While I agree that Hyperion was never that weak, I do believe that Hickman's Hyperion is one of the 2-3 strongest versions of Hyperion ever. He could move planets. He one-punched 616 Hulk back into Bruce Banner. He fought Beyonders with Thor. They presumably "died" in the end, but merely lasting longer than a nanosecond against an army of Beyonders speaks volumes.

Depending on how people view King Hyperion's feat of having killed multiple versions of Thor, Galactus and others across various alternate Earths, Hickman's Hyperion is probably at the top of the Hype heap with King Hyperion. All of the other Hyperions land somewhere below that.

As for Heroes Reborn Hyperion, I'm still hedging on him. I don't think he's all that powerful, I just think Mephisto created a reality and conditions where all of the other counterparts of 616 characters are weaker. Hyperion's punching a hole through the brain of Galactus pretty much speaks to that. 616 Galactus has been attacked by beings that represent cosmos tier powers and never had his dome rocked, let alone penetrated like a melon at an AR firing range. There's so much bollox in this Heroes Reborn stuff that I bet all of these "feats" get downgraded once the series ends.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-10-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So you're telling me that Hyperion is going to kill Nighthawk?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So you're telling me that Hyperion is going to kill Nighthawk?
    It would mirror their feud in the Secret Wars (2015) Squadron Sinister mini.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES