Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yep, although it wont fall apart until the very end obviously, since we know they will fight the Avengers, i imagine they will still perceive the Avengers as the "villains".
    I would really like it if the Squadron did in the end turn out to be heroic but I’m getting the feeling they will do the full slide to villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    I would really like it if the Squadron did in the end turn out to be heroic but I’m getting the feeling they will do the full slide to villains.
    The smart and interesting thing would be to have the Squadron Supreme be the "good guys" until the end, basically have them be victims of Mephistos and Coulsons plan, that would make it more mortally questionable for Avengers to beat them and take over for them. But i am not sure Aaron will go that route, i imagine Hyperion and the rest will go crazy and evil in the end.

Read the three issues from today. I was not expecting to like this event at all, but I’m really enjoying this world...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Read the three issues from today. I was not expecting to like this event at all, but I’m really enjoying this world...
    Do you recommend the other two side stories? I just read the main one which built on the last issue pretty well.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Compared to Phoenix Tourney, this is pretty good. Although I hope the remaining 6 issues are more than just Squadron highlight issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Compared to Phoenix Tourney, this is pretty good. Although I hope the remaining 6 issues are more than just Squadron highlight issues.
    I think they might be. The general focus of each issue seems to be highlighting a different part of the world through a different character, giving some subtle hints as to what's going on, all while Blade assembles the Avengers in the background. Have a feeling the series will be more driven by world building.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Blade bringing up Iron Fist. Like Moon Knight has been in this volume more than Iron Fist.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

it will probably be highlights for the next four, going over the squadron members in each with the parts avengers being back up stories.
    i liked this issue more than the first and the references to supermans villains were kinda cool, though a little surprised he made ultron into metallo instead of braniac.

Has Carol showed up in this AU yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Has Carol showed up in this AU yet?
    yeah, she showed up in issue 1 for a panel. She's an Air Force pilot but was never promoted to captain because of constant insubordination.

Mighty Member

Blade bringing up Iron Fist. Like Moon Knight has been in this volume more than Iron Fist.
    yea but I think the ironfist is more central because the first ironfist is a part of the ancient avengers

Characters whose fates have been explained so far:
    spoilers:

Iron Man: origin never happened so Tony's not a superhero.
    Captain America: was frozen, Blade revived him
    Hulk: memory unaffected, killed by Hyperion
    Hank Pym: was Ant-Man at some point, merged with Ultron, killed by Hyperion
    Namor: villain, imprisoned by Hyperion
    Spider-Man 1: origin averted by Flash Thompson, thus not a superhero.
    Fantastic Four: Reed is a SHIELD Labs tech, Ben is his security chief, and Johnny becomes Nova (specifically Sam Alexander's powers). Sue has yet to appear.
    Captain Marvel: powers not activated, though she should still have the Kree genes.
    Scarlet Witch: villain. Has Quicksilver's powers as well as her own, renamed Silver Witch.
    Quicksilver: deceased.
    She-Hulk: origin averted, not a superhero.
    Cyclops, Havok, Rocket, Groot: joined the Starjammers instead of the Guardians and the X-Men.
    Imperial Guard: taken over by the Brood.
    Winter Soldier, Black Widow: are Communist villains.
    Ghost Rider 3: doesn't have his powers.
    Ghost Riders 1 and 2: Spirit of Vengeance was trapped in the Negative Zone.
    Thor Odinson: only just got his powers, much later than in the main universe. Doesn't appear to have maintained the Don Blake identity.
    end of spoilers
    Known from solicits:
    spoilers:
    Ms. Marvel: has completely different powers as Girl Power
    Spider-Man 2: origin averted, becomes Nighthawk's sidekick instead as Falcon 2.
    Nova: has different powers as Kid Spectrum.
    Sam Wilson: was still Falcon, but dies in Marvel Double Action.
    Ghost-Spider: Gwen is in exactly the same situation as Miles, and becomes Nightbird.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-12-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Compared to Phoenix Tourney, a steaming dump is pretty good.
    This has been okay so far though.
    #EmmaWasRight

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Characters whose fates have been explained so far:
    spoilers:

Iron Man: origin never happened so Tony's not a superhero.
    Captain America: was frozen, Blade revived him
    Hulk: memory unaffected, killed by Hyperion
    Hank Pym: was Ant-Man at some point, merged with Ultron, killed by Hyperion
    Namor: villain, imprisoned by Hyperion
    Spider-Man 1: origin averted by Flash Thompson, thus not a superhero.
    Fantastic Four: Reed is a SHIELD Labs tech, Ben is his security chief, and Johnny becomes Nova (specifically Sam Alexander's powers). Sue has yet to appear.
    Captain Marvel: powers not activated, though she should still have the Kree genes.
    Scarlet Witch: villain. Has Quicksilver's powers as well as her own, renamed Silver Witch.
    Quicksilver: deceased.
    She-Hulk: origin averted, not a superhero.
    Cyclops, Havok, Rocket, Groot: joined the Starjammers instead of the Guardians and the X-Men.
    Imperial Guard: taken over by the Brood.
    Winter Soldier, Black Widow: are Communist villains.
    Ghost Rider 3: doesn't have his powers.
    Ghost Riders 1 and 2: Spirit of Vengeance was trapped in the Negative Zone.
    Thor Odinson: only just got his powers, much later than in the main universe. Doesn't appear to have maintained the Don Blake identity.
    end of spoilers
    Known from solicits:
    spoilers:
    Ms. Marvel: has completely different powers as Girl Power
    Spider-Man 2: origin averted, becomes Nighthawk's sidekick instead as Falcon 2.
    Nova: has different powers as Kid Spectrum.
    Sam Wilson: was still Falcon, but dies in Marvel Double Action.
    Ghost-Spider: Gwen is in exactly the same situation as Miles, and becomes Nightbird.
    end of spoilers
    So no mention of Blue Marvel and many of the other heroes that were active between Cap's disappearance and 1963? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Do you recommend the other two side stories? I just read the main one which built on the last issue pretty well.
    Everyone has different tastes, but I enjoyed them. Especially the Imperial Guard. Both side stories are more flashback than anything. Imperial Guard felt more like how the Amalgam comics were and referred to past non-existing comics and a fake letters page. I’m glad I read the ties-ins doers, since they were both referenced in the main book. I hope the next few weeks are as fun as these. I’ll buy the complete hardcover if they do one.