Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1407
    Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Aaron can no longer write, between this and his Avengers, it's over.

Last edited by juan678; 06-11-2021 at 06:54 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Surprised Aaron got away with writing Power Princess as such a hedonistic bitch. Better than the Nighthawk one. Loses to Spectrum in terms of art.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    No way was Hyperion ever in the 20 ton range. He fought the villain Hyperion in Gruenwald’s run and beat him. That Hyperion smacked Thor around until Thor outsmarted him. Hyperion has always been class 75- 100 ton. Now he is like Class 3000. I have all the old Marvel handbooks and gaming books and they all say at least class 75 ton.
    I forgot to put Power Princess, the classic one was a 20 tonner. The first Hyperion (the evil one) was as strong as Wonder Man according to the original handbook (90 tons) by the 89 update the hero version was in 75 ton range even though he defeated the evil version.

But like I said, I doubt Aaron's versions will make it out "alive". Not with the Avengers having a Phoenix and starbrand host on their side. I would add All-Father Thor as an advantage too, but we all know Aaron don't write him as such.

Too bad there's no way Aaron will give an answer on where the previous versions are. The SS story will end after evil Coulson and Mephisto are defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surprised Aaron got away with writing Power Princess as such a hedonistic bitch. Better than the Nighthawk one. Loses to Spectrum in terms of art.
    Well, she's one of the "bad guys"...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I forgot to put Power Princess, the classic one was a 20 tonner. The first Hyperion (the evil one) was as strong as Wonder Man according to the original handbook (90 tons) by the 89 update the hero version was in 75 ton range even though he defeated the evil version.

But like I said, I doubt Aaron's versions will make it out "alive". Not with the Avengers having a Phoenix and starbrand host on their side. I would add All-Father Thor as an advantage too, but we all know Aaron don't write him as such.

Too bad there's no way Aaron will give an answer on where the previous versions are. The SS story will end after evil Coulson and Mephisto are defeated.
    Apart from Blur (last seen as a SHIELD agent, which means his last known status quo is now null and void), and Nighthawk (killed off in Occupy Avengers) we can assume the others are still where Robinson left them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's quite unlikely considering this Squadron's nature, but I can't stop thinking Nighthawk MIGHT actually betray the Squadron and help the Avengers to restore the real world.

By the way, it's really weird I'm with Jameson in this reality who chases Nighthawk instead of Spider-Man. (Sometimes I wish Batman would have someone like Jonah after him, especially now that he has so many troubles by his own incompetence).

By the way, this "Civil War" between Jyperion and Nighthawk makes me think about DC's Injustice, with the endless conflict between Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    those feats are either fake or Mephisto made them too weak.

the fact that Power Princess struggled with Thor even though she stomped All-Gog and caught Gorr's Necrosword with one hand while not sustaining any injury+no effort pretty much tells you they are weak.

however Power Princess will most likely get a bump in power to make her a Thor peer.
    They are not weak, but they are clearly not as powerful as they look. There's no way Galactus, Gorr and the others were so easily defeated and killed. That was clearly manipulation from Mephisto with fake villains for the Squadron to defeat.

The Squadron are "lies", and they are weak facing "the truth" (the Avengers). It was shown how Hyperion felt weak in front of Captain America, because he was created as Coulson's vision of what Captain America should be. And even although she hit him hard, Zarda's strength was clearly reduced because she was programmed thinking about Coulson's vision of Thor. Following the examples, the other members must be weak in front of other Avengers. Nighthawk should be weak facing Iron Man or Black Panther. Dr Spectrum and Blurr, I'm not sure, but Blurr's weakness could be Doctor Strange, wherever he is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's quite unlikely considering this Squadron's nature, but I can't stop thinking Nighthawk MIGHT actually betray the Squadron and help the Avengers to restore the real world.

By the way, it's really weird I'm with Jameson in this reality who chases Nighthawk instead of Spider-Man. (Sometimes I wish Batman would have someone like Jonah after him, especially now that he has so many troubles by his own incompetence).

By the way, this "Civil War" between Jyperion and Nighthawk makes me think about DC's Injustice, with the endless conflict between Superman and Batman.

They are not weak, but they are clearly not as powerful as they look. There's no way Galactus, Gorr and the others were so easily defeated and killed. That was clearly manipulation from Mephisto with fake villains for the Squadron to defeat.

The Squadron are "lies", and they are weak facing "the truth" (the Avengers). It was shown how Hyperion felt weak in front of Captain America, because he was created as Coulson's vision of what Captain America should be. And even although she hit him hard, Zarda's strength was clearly reduced because she was programmed thinking about Coulson's vision of Thor. Following the examples, the other members must be weak in front of other Avengers. Nighthawk should be weak facing Iron Man or Black Panther. Dr Spectrum and Blurr, I'm not sure, but Blurr's weakness could be Doctor Strange, wherever he is.
    Speaking of, post-Joker War, the citizens of Gotham have more-or-less turned against Batman and his "family" of fellow vigilantes, and the current arc in Detective Comics has him openly accused of murder by the press, which has further increased the public's anger toward him. Shouldn't be long before we get a J. Jonah Jameson-style media figure railing against him, as even Screen Rant has noted that Batman is currently suffering the same "bad publicity" problem Spider-Man has endured for years/decades. As for Nighthawk and Hyperion's Civil War in comparison to Injustice's take on Batman vs. Superman, well, Hyperion's right about one thing: "In a civil war, no matter who wins, both sides bleed."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of, post-Joker War, the citizens of Gotham have more-or-less turned against Batman and his "family" of fellow vigilantes, and the current arc in Detective Comics has him openly accused of murder by the press, which has further increased the public's anger toward him. Shouldn't be long before we get a J. Jonah Jameson-style media figure railing against him, as even Screen Rant has noted that Batman is currently suffering the same "bad publicity" problem Spider-Man has endured for years/decades. As for Nighthawk and Hyperion's Civil War in comparison to Injustice's take on Batman vs. Superman, well, Hyperion's right about one thing: "In a civil war, no matter who wins, both sides bleed."
    If Batman would have stopped the Joker and the other villains as dangerous as him in a "permanent way" as she should have, none of the crazy stuff happening now would have happened. He let the Joker live one time after another, it was obvious it would reach a moment when he will go too far and Gotham would no longer tolerate Batman; as he was the culprit for letting the Joker live.

"Both sides bleed", that's true, but that doesn't stop them from fighting without sense just because no side wants to compromise.

If Batman would have stopped the Joker and the other villains as dangerous as him in a "permanent way" as she should have, none of the crazy stuff happening now would have happened. He let the Joker live one time after another, it was obvious it would reach a moment when he will go too far and Gotham would no longer tolerate Batman; as he was the culprit for letting the Joker live.

"Both sides bleed", that's true, but that doesn't stop them from fighting without sense just because no side wants to compromise.
    I would personally blame the corrupt justice system in Gotham more than Batman, as Batman didn't believe he was entitled to completely usurp the justice system even though it kept on failing to keep the likes of the Joker imprisoned or contained. At some point, relying on a vigilante to do what the justice system should have been doing itself would backfire, but that, to me, was more on the justice system and its corruption than it ever was on Batman, no matter what sense of responsibility Batman imposed on himself to take on for that city. That aside, your point in response about how the unwillingness to compromise is indeed the root of so much bloodshed and suffering in civil wars, whether fought by superhumans or normal people, is a good one.

Astonishing Member

I would personally blame the corrupt justice system in Gotham more than Batman, as Batman didn't believe he was entitled to completely usurp the justice system even though it kept on failing to keep the likes of the Joker imprisoned or contained. At some point, relying on a vigilante to do what the justice system should have been doing itself would backfire, but that, to me, was more on the justice system and its corruption than it ever was on Batman, no matter what sense of responsibility Batman imposed on himself to take on for that city. That aside, your point in response about how the unwillingness to compromise is indeed the root of so much bloodshed and suffering in civil wars, whether fought by superhumans or normal people, is a good one.
    It's not a matter of corrupted justice, they simply can't blame an insane individual for the crimes he commit. And yet, we all know there's only one way to dual with a rabid dog; but Batman never did what it had to do with the Joker, so the rabid expanded. There was even a time when the Joker was framed by a crime and, by mere miracle, he was going to be sent to the electrical chair, freeing the world from him. And what happened? Batman had to prove the Joker didn't commit THAT crime and saved his life. James Gordon didn't want to talk with him for months after that.

It's not a matter of corrupted justice, they simply can't blame an insane individual for the crimes he commit. And yet, we all know there's only one way to dual with a rabid dog; but Batman never did what it had to do with the Joker, so the rabid expanded. There was even a time when the Joker was framed by a crime and, by mere miracle, he was going to be sent to the electrical chair, freeing the world from him. And what happened? Batman had to prove the Joker didn't commit THAT crime and saved his life. James Gordon didn't want to talk with him for months after that.
    Hmm, yeah, though DC goes back and forth on whether or not the Joker is genuinely insane. It doesn't help, either, that the Batman comics have been just about the worst, or at least most infamous, offender within the mainstream superhero genre regarding how mental illness gets treated and handled in popular fiction.

Astonishing Member

Hmm, yeah, though DC goes back and forth on whether or not the Joker is genuinely insane. It doesn't help, either, that the Batman comics have been just about the worst, or at least most infamous, offender within the mainstream superhero genre regarding how mental illness gets treated and handled in popular fiction.
    I have to say, however, they made an excellent choice turning the Green Goblin into Nighthawk's "Joker". Just too bad Peter Parker's life in this reality turned up being such garbage. If Nighthawk would have been there to become the Green Goblin's nemesis and take him out of Peter's life, pretty sure his life would have been way happier.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, I like this different version of Norse deities.

as for rip offs, personally I never cared about them at all nor was I ever bothered by it.

I find PP to be pretty cool.
    After Avengers versus DC, there did need to be some revisiting of the respective power levels between the two companies characters. Those two “versus” events had a lot to answer for. The writers saw DC as the clear superiors to Marvel, and though they cooperated in the endgame, I got the distinct impression Marvel got shafted on the power levels. That DC revisited a Norse Pantheon in their own universe, makes for a discussion on the perspectives held between DC and Marvel, especially now that we are discussing DC power levels in a Marvel Event, Heroes Reborn.