Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1407
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Nick Fury Jr is currently a part of Infinite Destinies Event and had a back up story in both the Iron Man and Captain America Annuals.

I have only read the Iron Man Annual but I did like the Nick Fury Jr part.
    Thanks for that but of info; I’ll check them out. I was unaware of them.

Mighty Member

Have read up to issue 5 (Nighthawk). For the most part, the tie-ins are better than the main event. While this is not unusual for a Marvel event, the main event being nearly unreadable while the tie-ins more competently handle the main schtick is a problem.

I am nostalgic for the original Silver Age team of ass-clowns.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Having just Read HR #6, I am glad that religion has been addressed as this criticism of its failures as an institution, and how Mephisto is reversing the arguments that used to support religions. This was done very well in American Knights, by Cleric Matt Murdoch, denouncing “Confessions” as just plain indulgences, while continuing the same criminal behaviour. This rings so true of all Religions who preach an ultruistic self-piety, while hanging African Americans during the slavery days after the Civil War. Mephisto may be some things, but he rings true that Religions are contradictory to what they term piety. At least the “Saint” rejected his religion of Mephisto as no better than those it supplanted, which were just the same. Interesting premise that the Devil is just as piese as the so called gods, of religions Maybe it’s because you can’t tell the difference.
    That is a pretty interesting way of looking at a world in which Marvel's Devil stand-in has taken the place of God in terms of organized worship, especially taking American Knights into account.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    There is certainly a smattering of conventional super villains mixed in with other 616 super heroes, all getting killed now and then. Big heavy hitters too, like Galactus, King in Black, Odin, Mangog, Hercules. Did the Celestials make a showing? Mephisto has taken the essential elements of the 616, to illustrate all the events he does on Mephisto-world, taking aspects of old stories, Peter Parker’s story, Spider-world, and other dimensions, like NZ, Darkhold, and Hel via the magic mirror.

I can only imagine Mephisto made such a strong gambit, because something very bad was going to happen soon, and old Mephisto is getting his rocks off before everything ends? Mephisto shouldn’t be making his move unless he feels it’s now or never. About the thing that would scare Mephisto is if Ulysses showed up. Ulysses has only one function in the Multiverse - to let everyone know a Death Celestial is going to come. Death Celestials are a vacuum cleaner. If they don’t like birds, all the birds are gone. If they don’t like humans…you get the,picture. When Ulysses gets the vision, everybody sees it and feels it.
    Hmm, that's a take.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The new cube itself probably weakened most villians.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have to remind myself that this is a lampoon and not a serious take on a Wonder Woman homage. That said, people are spending real money on this tripe. Somehow I expect more from Marvel for their hard-earned dollars.
    This is heroes reborn in a reality where Squadron Supreme are somewhat evil and the whole world worships Memphisto ..based on that foundation I think this version of Zarda is written brilliantly.

Fantastic Member

I would buy the *heck* out of a Nighthawk series where he’s in the Marvel Universe but has all of his memories of effectively Spider-Man’s life.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Mighty Member

The end of this event was not even of the level of a bad marvel saturday morning cartoon. Everything was rushed, it's just a boring fight where the powers of every fighter change just for the sake of the story. We don't know how Mephisto has a cosmic (hellish) cube, why he doesn't use it himself if he is so powerful, how he is so powerful in our reality now, what is the true nature of the squadron supreme... Nothing make sense, everything is stupid, it's like Jason Aaron doesn't even care anymore.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    The end of this event was not even of the level of a bad marvel saturday morning cartoon. Everything was rushed, it's just a boring fight where the powers of every fighter change just for the sake of the story. We don't know how Mephisto has a cosmic (hellish) cube, why he doesn't use it himself if he is so powerful, how he is so powerful in our reality now, what is the true nature of the squadron supreme... Nothing make sense, everything is stupid, it's like Jason Aaron doesn't even care anymore.
    Sometimes I forget the avengers even exist
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm just ready for a different (better) writer that will come in later to explain away all of Aaron's mess - starting with the 1 million Avengers and ending with Evil Coulson and the faux SSoA.

Mighty Member

The way Aaron is setting these stories up, im not sure it makes sense for people to keep saying they're just waiting for another writer. He's laid enough foundation to keep going for a few more years if he really wants to. Thought this issue was fine as a climax/resolution. Deeply upset that they built up Blade as a central character in this story and he basically made some empty threats then got fried.

This was the most anticlimactic ending for an event of this magnitude I've ever read. To be fair, Aaron does leave a pretty big cliffhanger, but I'm just not expecting too much from that. Idk if it's the art style, but it didn't do it for me.

Overall it was an interesting idea and I liked some elements of the storyline, but it could have been way better. As Tracks said, this really should have been more of a Blade story ... but it wasn't. He's super backgrounded after the first issue.

We get very few concrete answers to certain plot points. We can make some educated guesses but there are several vague elements throughout this story. I'm not even sure Aaron's going to tie up all his storylines. I thought this event was supposed to wrap everything up with Mephisto. We didn't even get closure to the Squadron Supreme, who the Red Widow is, and what was going on with Namor. Are all those questions going to be answered?
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-23-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Sounds like a fitting ending to an Avengers Assemble arc.

BANNED

Wow that was surprisingly boring for a climax.

spoilers:
    Well…. At least the SS remembers….
    end of spoilers

I wish the Avengers vs Squadron Supreme fight was better.