Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Daredevil is still active in Heroes Reborn, under the name Saint.
    Yeah, I know. But all seems to indicate that any heroe that manages to still exist in the "Heroes Reborn" reality is seen as a supervillain. Hulk is turned into an enemy of Hyperion (making him something like either Solomon Grundy or Doomsday), it seems Hercules and Tigra became enemies of Power Princess (just like Wonder Woman's Hercules and Cheetah), and "Siege Society" show us several heroes who never had a chance to redemption under the Squadron Supreme. That includes Black Widow (Natasha), Hawkeye, Ant-Man (Scot Lang) and apparently, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver ended up merged somehow.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Apparently. I mean, the Green Goblin is Nighthawk's "Joker", Gwen Stacy is his "Batgirl", and Felicia Hardy could be his... Catwoman? (I don't like the sound of that). Also, it appears "Gwen Stacy's death" has become Marvel's version of "Jason Todd's death".

Anyway, I don't think Nighthawk has usurped just Spider-Man. Pretty sure it actually usurped ALL the Marvel Heroes of "street level". That should include Daredevil, Moon Knight and others.

Besides, not all Spider-Man's enemies would be at the level of Nighthawk. Some of them could be covered by Hyperion. For example, Electro could be Hyperion's "Live Wire".

Actually, it all depends of the abilities of each member of the Squadron Supreme. They all cover one aspect of Earth's most dangerous threats, which cover several Marvel Heroes. See:
    + Hyperion covers the most dangerous and physically powerful threats; like gamma monsters (Hulk), killer robots (Ultron) and several others.
    + Batman (I mean... Nighthawk) covers the "human factor" and the "street level". That would cover heroes like Spider-Man, Moon Knight and Daredevil. The human factor also cover heroes of that level, like Captain America or Black Panther.
    + Power Princess covers the "mystical and magic factor", like the usual enemies confronted by Hercules, Thor or maybe Doctor Strange.
    + Doctor Spectrum clearly cover the Alien threats, which covers the foe's galleries of the Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel and similar. That includes Thanos, Super Skrull and others.
    + I'm not sure about the part that Blurr could cover, but it might include "street level" that Nighthawk can not. Although some covers seems to indicate he has a connection with magic.

I think I know what Mephisto is planning with the Squadron Supreme, and it's not good.

First of all, since Tony Stark never became Iron Man, he never stopped making weapons, and that's a BIG problem. And second, in all realities where there's a Squadron Supreme, humanity ends up turning against them and try to destroy them with nuclear weapons. (Usually, only Hyperion survives). By the look of the solicitations, although the Squadron Supreme present themselves as "America's greatest heroes", it would appear the rest of the world sees them as a super-menace. It seems Canada has been destroyed, Europa rejects the idea of Nighthawk's own Squadron, and something tells me the reason Doctor Doom is Hyperion's nemesis is because Hyperion might have destroyed Latveria when it turned into a menace to the USA.

Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if (in a similar way to DC's Flashpoint), the story ends up with the whole world launching a nuclear holocaust against USA in an attempt to destroy the Squadron Supreme. That would definitely destroy the whole planet, unless someone undoes the "Rebirth" and restore the world back to how it was.
    Let's not forget that apparently, when the mutants wanted independence from the United States so the U.S. government wouldn't continue oppressing and repressing them, the Squadron responded by decimating them, definitely something that the Avengers --- for all their arguable failings with regards to the mutant community --- wouldn't have dared or thought to do.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Let's not forget that apparently, when the mutants wanted independence from the United States so the U.S. government wouldn't continue oppressing and repressing them, the Squadron responded by decimating them, definitely something that the Avengers --- for all their arguable failings with regards to the mutant community --- wouldn't have dared or thought to do.
    The Squadron are blindly obedient puppets of the USA goverment (or more like Coulson and Mephisto), so it's no wonder they kill without hesitation. Something funny, thought, if the Squadron actually decimated Mutants, what could have happened with the Sentinels and all the Hate Groups like the Purifiers?

The Squadron are blindly obedient puppets of the USA goverment (or more like Coulson and Mephisto), so it's no wonder they kill without hesitation. Something funny, thought, if the Squadron actually decimated Mutants, what could have happened with the Sentinels and all the Hate Groups like the Purifiers?
    With the Squadron Supreme of America serving as the premier superpowered agents of the U.S. government, I could see the Sentinels being phased out for comparative ineffectiveness and the Purifiers and other anti-mutant hate groups being even more emboldened with mutants in such a dire state thanks to the Squadron.

Astonishing Member

With the Squadron Supreme of America serving as the premier superpowered agents of the U.S. government, I could see the Sentinels being phased out for comparative ineffectiveness and the Purifiers and other anti-mutant hate groups being even more emboldened with mutants in such a dire state thanks to the Squadron.
    Quite possible, except I don't see the Sentinels as "ineffective", more like "limited success". Pretty sure they could find new usefulness for them. With Nighthawk being like Batman, he can surely think something for the Sentinals to be useful.

Quite possible, except I don't see the Sentinels as "ineffective", more like "limited success". Pretty sure they could find new usefulness for them. With Nighthawk being like Batman, he can surely think something for the Sentinals to be useful.
    Probably, yeah. I just think it's overall ineffective to have giant robots lumbering about going after mutants when they cause just as much if not more property damage compared to the mutants they're pursuing.

Astonishing Member

Probably, yeah. I just think it's overall ineffective to have giant robots lumbering about going after mutants when they cause just as much if not more property damage compared to the mutants they're pursuing.
    Yeah, but for example, I can see Nighthawk reprograming some of them to guard "Ravencroft Assylum" so the inmates won't be tempted to escape. And in case there's a full scale invasion on Earth, mainly in the USA, Nighthawk could use them as "kamikaze bombs" to blow up alien spaceships in case the number superiority could turn into a problem.

Yeah, but for example, I can see Nighthawk reprograming some of them to guard "Ravencroft Assylum" so the inmates won't be tempted to escape. And in case there's a full scale invasion on Earth, mainly in the USA, Nighthawk could use them as "kamikaze bombs" to blow up alien spaceships in case the number superiority could turn into a problem.
    That would make a lot more sense, yeah.

Astonishing Member

In the last week, it has been revealed several issues of "Heroes Reborn", but I believe there are several more to be revealed:

+ There should be an issue about the Fantastic Four in this reality. We know Reed Richards and Ben Grimm work as agents of SHIELD, but what about Susan and Johnny? I believe they could be a team of agents working similar to DC's Challengers of the Unknown.
    + Gwen Stacy becomes "Batgirl" here. What about a "Supergirl"? I believe Star could be the obvious candidate.
    + There should be an issue showing us what happened to the Avengers in this reality. We have seen images of some of them, but I would like the full info about them. Carol Danvers, Jennifer Walters and Tony Stark are points of interest.
    + The five members of the Squadron are already extremely powerful, but how about other Marvel characters based on DC's characters? I mean, Sentry is also Superman, just like Moon Knight and Shroud are Batman too. Quasar is another Green Lantern, Thundra is another Wonder Woman... You get the idea.

Well, if Kamala Khan as Girl Power is basically the Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl, maybe Thundra is Donna Troy's counterpart?

Sam Alexander, usually Nova, is Kid Spectrum, but what about the other main Nova, Richard Rider? Logically he ought to be a version of Doctor Spectrum as well. The one on the Squadron is Hal Jordan's counterpart, and Sam would seem to be Teen Lantern's. Rich, therefore, would be equivalent to Guy Gardner? Wendell Vaughn, the original Quasar, could be the equivalent to John Stewart, and Avril Kincaid, the new Quasar, could be equivalent to Jessica Cruz. Both would probably also be in the Doctor Spectrum Corps.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In the last week, it has been revealed several issues of "Heroes Reborn", but I believe there are several more to be revealed:

+ There should be an issue about the Fantastic Four in this reality. We know Reed Richards and Ben Grimm work as agents of SHIELD, but what about Susan and Johnny? I believe they could be a team of agents working similar to DC's Challengers of the Unknown.
    + Gwen Stacy becomes "Batgirl" here. What about a "Supergirl"? I believe Star could be the obvious candidate.
    + There should be an issue showing us what happened to the Avengers in this reality. We have seen images of some of them, but I would like the full info about them. Carol Danvers, Jennifer Walters and Tony Stark are points of interest.
    + The five members of the Squadron are already extremely powerful, but how about other Marvel characters based on DC's characters? I mean, Sentry is also Superman, just like Moon Knight and Shroud are Batman too. Quasar is another Green Lantern, Thundra is another Wonder Woman... You get the idea.
    Hmm, forming "families" of similarly themed and patterned superhumans around themselves would make sense, much like DC's Justice Leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, if Kamala Khan as Girl Power is basically the Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl, maybe Thundra is Donna Troy's counterpart?

Sam Alexander, usually Nova, is Kid Spectrum, but what about the other main Nova, Richard Rider? Logically he ought to be a version of Doctor Spectrum as well. The one on the Squadron is Hal Jordan's counterpart, and Sam would seem to be Teen Lantern's. Rich, therefore, would be equivalent to Guy Gardner? Wendell Vaughn, the original Quasar, could be the equivalent to John Stewart, and Avril Kincaid, the new Quasar, could be equivalent to Jessica Cruz. Both would probably also be in the Doctor Spectrum Corps.
    A Spectrum Corps would be interesting to see in this "reborn" new universe, yeah.

hmm.. if Marvel can get away with a "Girl Power", will they try a "Man-Super"? never mind... heh..

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. if Marvel can get away with a "Girl Power", will they try a "Man-Super"? never mind... heh..
    They should pull a reverse Marvel Zombies and have Sentry show up in Superman's color scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's not like that's the only case of a name being rearranged. Marvel has Firestar, and DC has Starfire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see Tony developing more advanced weaponry to sell to the highest bidder without caring about the consequences, but not like overtly evil.

If they do go for something like that though, I imagine he and Hyperion will have some words...and maybe went to high school together.
    Tony probably stole 40 pies at one point.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.