Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1407
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Heroes Reborn #6 preview.

Does Kamala know of this?
    "Mental call", that's it's obviously a trick from Thor. I believe I just discovered something. This "Squadron Supreme" was created thinking about what Phil Coulsong believes the Avengers should be. They are "lies", while the Avengers are "the truth". Which means if each member of the Squadron faces the Avenger from which it was created, they will be weak against them. Hyperion surely was created thinking about an extremely patriotic version of Captain America, and that's why he suddenly felt weak when Cap shook his hand. So, if this Power Princess faces Thor, she would feel greatly weak all of sudden.

You guys do get that this is a fake Squadron Supreme made by Mephisto right?

the real characters re probably dead or in prison
    The J-man

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Breezed through #5 cuz my eyes started to hurt after the Black Cat page. Nice use of Ronin tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Breezed through #5 cuz my eyes started to hurt after the Black Cat page. Nice use of Ronin tho.
    Agreed. The Black Cat page, though, it's like Aaron wanted to lean into the whole "Nighthawk as Batman ripoff" thing, given how Black Cat has been derided or dismissed in some corners as "a mere Catwoman ripoff."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. The Black Cat page, though, it's like Aaron wanted to lean into the whole "Nighthawk as Batman ripoff" thing, given how Black Cat has been derided or dismissed in some corners as "a mere Catwoman ripoff."
    Honestly, Felicia didn't deserve to be just "Catwoman" here, as in the dimension of the original Squadron Supreme, Nighthawk already had his own version of Catwoman, in a cat burglar named "Mink".

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I wonder if they'll bring Foxfire back, too? I mean if we're tapping characters from 712, might as well resurrect a sista while they're at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

The Avengers will be the ones who will face the Squadron Supreme at the end of this arc, but I want to believe they will NOT be the only ones fighting them. There has to be a reason for all the tie-ups to have a role in this arc, and I believe the characters involved in them will join the fight against the Squadron Supreme.

+ Whatever happened to Peter Parker here, I believe he has every right to be in the final battle and make Hyperion pay for killing his Aunt May. And after all, Spider-Man has fought alongside the Avengers many times in the past.

+ Mutant Force's tie-up didn't reveal much in the end, but it would appear that even with Cassandra Nova at their side, Mutants were defeated and Hyperion imprisioned in the Negative Zone. (He said it in his issue).

+ The Young Squadron definitely need to be present here, so seeing the Avengers could somehow restore their memories.

+ If Hulk is still in his "Immortal stage", he needs to be here alongside his forgotten friends, especially Steve. Pretty sure, this time, Hulk will show Hyperion who really is the "Strongest One There Is". And besides, pretty sure the "One Below All" won't be happy with Mephisto for erasing all the Gammas from existence.

+ And it's not just other heroes. Villains who had been affected by this new reality could take a role in taking the Squadron Supreme down too. Doom had his own issues with Mephisto, so I can see him fighting alongside the Avengers against a common enemy. Thanos could want revenge of Mephisto too because of some past issues.

It is an Avengers event and the Avengers are the ones who must fix everything. At least the other characters will have a one panel chance to have a payback moment. But you really want Aaron writting that moment?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Give me Onslaught!!!
    I love the original Onslaught storyline, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I correctly surmised Onslaught's origin before the big reveal...
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It is an Avengers event and the Avengers are the ones who must fix everything. At least the other characters will have a one panel chance to have a payback moment. But you really want Aaron writting that moment?
    Well, yeah! I mean, back in "House of M", Spider-Man had everything he wished with his beloved ones alive (Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy), married with Gwen and having a son. So it's obvious that he had to have a role in the battle to restore everything, because he knew it wasn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You guys do get that this is a fake Squadron Supreme made by Mephisto right?

the real characters re probably dead or in prison
    Yeah, from the previous ANAD era SS team, Nighthawk is indeed dead, he died out of costume in the Occupy Avengers tie-in to Secret Empire, resulting in his sidekick Deadly Nightshade taking up his cowl. Blur was last seen joining SHIELD so Coulson will have easily been able to capture him. Doctor Spectrum turned out to be an Inhuman and went to live in New Attilan. Power Princess was depowered. Hyperion ended up going around driving lorries for a living.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, yeah! I mean, back in "House of M", Spider-Man had everything he wished with his beloved ones alive (Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy), married with Gwen and having a son. So it's obvious that he had to have a role in the battle to restore everything, because he knew it wasn't real.
    Yea but that was an Avengers/X-Men event and, at the time, Spider-Man was on the Avengers. I don’t really see Aaron caring enough about any of the other characters outside of the Avengers to give them a moment in this. The only purpose the other MU characters served in this event were either to job to the Squadron or to show that they’re not as heroic as they seem at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, from the previous ANAD era SS team, Nighthawk is indeed dead, he died out of costume in the Occupy Avengers tie-in to Secret Empire, resulting in his sidekick Deadly Nightshade taking up his cowl. Blur was last seen joining SHIELD so Coulson will have easily been able to capture him. Doctor Spectrum turned out to be an Inhuman and went to live in New Attilan. Power Princess was depowered. Hyperion ended up going around driving lorries for a living.
    Even just personality wise a lot of these guys were very different from the SS team Robinson wrote. I do find myself really interested in this world and the story so I hope somehow these guys stick around, Nighthawk in particular is a fav.

Still enjoying this event, but it feels like we've just reached what should have been the end of issue 1 or 2. The tie-ins this week were fine but don't feel like they've revealed anything new to either us or the characters. The best tie-ins have been about either the characters or the readers discovering a new hidden darkness in the world and the Squadron. I suppose it's possible that the memory manipulation technology of the Squadron Savage might be relevant later but there's precious little time left for that to matter.

If the Squadron make it out of this (which I doubt), how powerful should they be? Gruenwald's Squadron was a lot weaker than their DC counterparts. Should Hype be in Thor's weight-class? Should Power Princess be at least be in Thing's and Namor's? How fast should Blur be -- Faster than Speed Demon but no where near Flash levels? Should there be more thought into DS's prism (like it's limits or that each color could do different things - sort of like Halo)? Nighthawk can stay as he is. I just want to know what happened to 616 Kyle. Did he die again?