Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1407
    Fantastic Member

"annexed British Columbia and Alberta for their resources"

Ed Brisson, my new favorite writer of all time, recognizes the only two provinces worth a damn in Canada!!! Amen brother!!

Also I'm happy to be a minority here in saying I think this series rocks and I would read the *hell* out of a Nighthawk series that jumped back and forth through the eras in the fashion of some of the books. That Bronze Age death of Falcon was amazing.
    Last edited by Jness; 06-16-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    It is interesting that we are at issue 7 and there is not a Tony Stark based issue (since the cover seems to be focused on Squadron the team as opposed to focusing on just the one.

I guess it makes sense based on the number of Squadron Supreme members, and that Iron Man doesn't map over very well with an individual Squadron member.
    I thought Dr.Spectrum and Nighthawk would work as Iron Man analogues/foils.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Dr.Spectrum and Nighthawk would work as Iron Man analogues/foils.
    Dr Spectrum was in fact used as one back in the day…
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doct...IronMan-63.jpg
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I wonder why everyone rags on Canada? They seem like a friendly bunch.

Also i wonder if things would have worked out between Nighthawk and Zarda if he had only gone down on her?

And wouldn't Logan had stayed dead given that he got laser eyed and his metal skeleton would have charred any cells given they would have been hot and nuked?

And has been Peter been killed? I mean he did turn into a monster so i assume he is dead.

For any wondering why am saying these things, its because quite simply this is an utter clusterf**k of a series/event what have you and i wish it ends soon and it never happens again and that Aaron leaves and someone comes along and makes like the Avengers again...and i am aware that is a fools hope but that's all i got left really.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Also i wonder if things would have worked out between Nighthawk and Zarda if he had only gone down on her?

And wouldn't Logan had stayed dead given that he got laser eyed and his metal skeleton would have charred any cells given they would have been hot and nuked?

And has been Peter been killed? I mean he did turn into a monster so i assume he is dead.

For any wondering why am saying these things, its because quite simply this is an utter clusterf**k of a series/event what have you and i wish it ends soon and it never happens again and that Aaron leaves and someone comes along and makes like the Avengers again...and i am aware that is a fools hope but that's all i got left really.
    While this is your opinion and you have the right to express it, I too have the right to state this opinion is - objectively and factually - 110% *wrongy wrong wrong*. This series sooooo rocks!! I love it and wish there was more of it! Hopefully the sales numbers indicate I’m not alone! Aaron for All-Father!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    While this is your opinion and you have the right to express it, I too have the right to state this opinion is - objectively and factually - 110% *wrongy wrong wrong*. This series sooooo rocks!! I love it and wish there was more of it! Hopefully the sales numbers indicate I’m not alone! Aaron for All-Father!
    O...kay, i don't see where in my comment it says no one has right to a different opinion to mine but more power to you...i guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Peter Parker? He survived...there is a news headline in the series that says he did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It sounds like many of us misinterpreted that sequence. Yes, we see Thor calling down the lightning causing Abyss to lose control of the Hulk. But the next panel is Hyperion punching the Hulk, followed by the Hulk having reverted to Banner -- and Banner looking somewhat shocked with his, "Oh... Oh..." utterance. It definitely looks like Hyperion's punch had something to do with the change.

It also doesn't necessarily follow that the Hulk would deliberately change back to Bruce when they were all still in a hostile, combat situation.

But if that's how Hickman intended for the story to have been read, can't argue with it.
    It makes more sense because if Hyperion actually punched Hulks lights out he would have KO'd Banner as well but you see Banner is actually in a mid fight pose when he transforms, so it wasn't force that reverted him back.

It follows perfectly because Abyss turned Hulk against his teammates, once the control was broken he would not want to fight the Avengers he was a part of. This isn't the only time this Hyperion and Hulk fought, a possessed Hyperion fought the Avengers later on in a Spider-man annual IIRC and he had no effect on Hulk in their brief scuffle there in fact Hulk overpowered him with 1 arm, which also goes along with what Hickman said when asked another question on who is the strongest Avenger is it Hyperion and him answering no it's Hulk.

I’ve been really enjoying these books. The tie-ins are often better than the main story… and they’re spaced out properly. Read the tie-ins each week before the main book and you’ll get little nods from that story. I hope there’s a payoff here other than putting it all back. I would love to see this Squadron transition to 616 as they are, once they end up realizing what’s up and help the Avengers.

Mighty Member

This looks exciting. There are a lot of criticisms of Aaron, but I do think he consistently writes some of the best action scenes/fights.

I have a feeling we're gonna get Captain America lifting the hammer against Hyperion.
    Last edited by Tracks; 06-17-2021 at 12:00 PM.

That Blade line is really bad. Just really, really bad.

as long as Blade does not get pwned, then I hope this goes in some fun directions.

I’m just looking forward to the fight. There is no hope of the Squadron returning to 616 after this. At least not for a long while. The tie ins have been very good. Really enjoyed Weapon X and Final Flight. I could see both of Logan’s and Walt’s point of view. Very tough decision that was made. It actually makes you want the Avengers to kick the Squadron’s back to 712 after reading Final Flight. I just want to see Thor smack the Princess down. He has no chance against Hyperion. Without the Phoenix force and Starbrand the Avengers would have no chance against the Squadron.